April 29, 2024, 04:50:31 pm

Author Topic: Grief Prevention plugin  (Read 2347 times)

_Obi_Wan_

• Sorry folks i got lot work IRL.Will be back soon.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Grief Prevention plugin
« on: January 30, 2013, 07:30:16 pm »
Hi folks,it's been long time i havent played with you but i might be coming back so i got one suggestion to offer.
I tryed to browse through entire forum and i think i didnt see anyone asking for this,so here is it...what do u think of installing "Grief Prevention" plugin instead of protection blocks.It can be configured in any way u want and u can even turn of free claim blocks and make them buyable only.Yes that plugin does protect from bedrock to sky and i can see how PS is more sellable but most players dont get enough cash to buy them and still ppl can build above or under your protected areas .And in that case mods need to run and solve issues.With GP that problem doesnt exist and also allows players to make subclaims inside their main claimed areas for renting or something.Plugin is easy to use for players with just few basic commands and griefing inside is imposible.I made this suggestion because i see a lot of players asking for cheaper PS or that their area of protection need to be bigger and i know that it is hard to place them and make them almoust invisible if u are protecting big houses,GP is invisible and u dont need to place any block for it to work so u can build house or anything freely.I'm really sorry if someone already made this suggestion cos i couldnt find such topic.
And i truly belive that it could help a lot in protecting players homes,farms,arts etc.

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
Re: Grief Prevention plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 07:55:19 pm »
Hey _Obi_ Nice to see you again!
Sounds like a good idea but there's one negative thing, lets say someone's mine runes under your protected area, now they can use that section. With the amount of people we have protecting and leaving the server it would be unusable land for anyone else.
Its a good suggestion though.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 08:22:09 pm »
Also, we only have 3 admins that can set these kinds of zones up, and they don't make an appearance on the server as often. We get lots of new players everyday, so the mere thought of this just isn't ideal.

_Obi_Wan_

• Sorry folks i got lot work IRL.Will be back soon.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 11:12:21 pm »
Hi Xeadin an hi Wratkie, yes i see there could be problems with mines and constructions beneath peoples home and u are right this idea sucks in worlds u got right now but we all know that those worlds will end one day and probably be replaced with new ones so this idea could be implementded in one of new future worlds where everything will be fresh :-) if u know what i mean and as for seting zones ....well Xeadin u missed the point here :-/ point is that with grief prevention u dont need admins or mods to make zones,players do that by themself :-) that is beauty of that plugin,no more running arround making safe zones or checking why ps dont work.That would mean more free time for u guys to do some other stuff u like :-).
With that plugin u could even set rule that allows grief in unprotected areas.....it would be peoples fault if they get griefed so even less job for you :-),and plugin offer 100% protection from any form of grief (i tested it on lan server i got for my crew).
So in short just keep this plugin in mind when u will making new old member world or similiar :-D
And i hope i'l see u both in game some day......i drop by here and there but i'm working full time now so i cant play as much as i would love to :-/

P.S: I wonder if my statue still lives in first world .-)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:09:38 am »
Then we'd also run into the issue of players spamming these zones all over the world-- intentionally or not. This would give us more work to put up with when that happens. There are quite a few people that build up in the air, so if someone happened to have placed one of these zones in an area below the other person's skyhouse or city, that's gonna create a lot of issues there. We'd rather have people have the freedom to build wherever, instead of limiting them to just certain sections at a time. We'd also rather have people (staff) to make informed decisions on where to place the zone appropriately instead of having someone just placing it wherever they wish and forgetting about it afterwards.

As of right now, we can't really make protection stones any cheaper (this is preemptively to keep people from randomly spamming them all over the world), and these zones you're suggesting seem like they'll cost a fortune by themselves, which still doesn't really get rid of the cost issue.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:11:35 am by Xeadin »

cake27

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 04:43:34 am »
I'm thinking that you should be able to set up to 3 protected areas all containing 40 blocks

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 11:38:21 pm »
Alt accounts? And that really isnt much at all. A little less than 7x7. Abd so it isnt a square.