April 20, 2024, 12:48:12 am

Author Topic: Beacon/ Nether star pricing  (Read 8724 times)

cschurz

• View Profile
Re: Beacon/ Nether star pricing
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 05:11:06 am »
as I said, why not just spawn a nether star instead of a wither? Surely it wouldn't be that hard?

probably two lines of code. not a bad idea.

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 10:15:55 am »
since optical wrote the system for the signs at the market, this is possible to accomplish.

the biggest problem i see here is attaching the material cost to an item sign - it would most likely require an additional sign (or more!) to specify what items are required to buy a given item. that's pretty annoying.

a fairly interesting idea nonetheless.
It comes with essentials...

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 11:32:52 am »
since optical wrote the system for the signs at the market, this is possible to accomplish.

the biggest problem i see here is attaching the material cost to an item sign - it would most likely require an additional sign (or more!) to specify what items are required to buy a given item. that's pretty annoying.

a fairly interesting idea nonetheless.
It comes with essentials...

we don't use essentials to manage the market signs anymore.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 11:34:30 am »
This all seems like a good idea but to me seems a bit well, pointless. I dont see the huge point of having them in the game
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 06:01:20 pm »
Having beacons in the market may be a good idea but is there a way to get rid of the light that goes to sky level? cuz as far as im conncerned, theyre the same thing as a 1x1 block tower of dirt that could be spammed everywhere.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Selkon_Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 06:54:04 pm »
Having beacons in the market may be a good idea but is there a way to get rid of the light that goes to sky level? cuz as far as im conncerned, theyre the same thing as a 1x1 block tower of dirt that could be spammed everywhere.
There would still be a limit to the number of nether stars that a player could buy to prevent beacon spamming.
I'm fairly certain that a limit was already being considered from what I understood of posts in previous topics. I apologize for not being familiar with the exact location of these statements, but I seem to recall Nick3306 mentioning it somewhere.

Edit: Found it. It was bantam who actually mentioned the limit. Nick said that they were merely considering putting a limit. I agree that there should be some sort of limit, though what exactly that would be I do not care to speculate.
Nether Stars are most definitely going to be added to the market. The problem is that the admins and Optical do not want anyone to be able to  buy more than four nether stars. The reason is that if people could buy infinite nether stars, that means that there would be a spam of beacon blocks all over the map, which would look horrible. I guess we will just have to wait until Optical finds a solution to this potential problem. Beacons do look really cool, but not everywhere.
4 was just place holder, we have not decided on an amount or if there will even be a limit.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:06:06 pm by Selkon_Hunter »

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 12:08:28 am »
Y does everyone need their own? I'm pretty sure they don't break down like anvils, which can no long either. I suggest just putting a few in each of the spawns so everyone can just use those and so that there won't be 300+ all over the maps.

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 01:55:21 am »
Loaf, I don't think they have a lasting effect so you would need to stay in the radius of it defeating the purpose.
Correct?

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 02:43:17 am »
Loaf, I don't think they have a lasting effect so you would need to stay in the radius of it defeating the purpose.
Correct?
Correct. If you go out of the radius you have 4-7 seconds with the effects.

But hey, why dont we have a plugin for jump boost 10 in the spawn. Thatd be good for exploring dragons.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 03:23:20 am »
oh ya i kinda forgot what the beacon did :p