How much money do you have?

< 500,000
0 (0%)
> 500,000 - < 1,000,000
0 (0%)
> 1 Million
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Amount of Rare Items on Opticraft  (Read 79979 times)

NotABronie

• View Profile
Re: Amount of Rare Items on Opticraft
« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2013, 04:08:52 pm »

PS i do not have the beacon anymore

Then who has it?

Also BTW I own a witch hut but it is not yet a spawning platform

And promestpast has an iron farm.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 04:15:16 pm by NotABronie »
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2013, 07:42:10 pm »
Does wishing you owned these things count??
I haven't been following the thread exactly... But I wanted to say
Absol1212 has a skeletons spawner and freekkiller has a skeleton
and spider spawner very close together, sorry if someone already said this
Im back.... I think

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2013, 08:05:43 pm »
I have an iron golem farm, a blaze spawner, and a dragon egg.

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2013, 08:38:46 pm »
Does wishing you owned these things count??
I haven't been following the thread exactly... But I wanted to say
Absol1212 has a skeletons spawner and freekkiller has a skeleton
and spider spawner very close together, sorry if someone already said this

Umm no.
I believe this is the qualifcation to be a multi unit spawner:

If they are within 24 blocks of each other (becuase you have to be 16 blocks away from a spawner for it to spawn so the spawners can be effectively made a spider/skeleton grinder.)
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2013, 11:14:14 pm »
Wow, a topic where users openly admit they have items that cant be obtained in the game? Man this job is getting easy.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

__pORKCHOPS

• The frenchie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2013, 11:19:57 pm »
what cannot be obtained ingame beside a beacon ? :P

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2013, 11:24:21 pm »
what cannot be obtained ingame beside a beacon ? :P
Spawn Eggs.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2013, 11:43:29 pm »
I have no clue how the items are introduced into the server in the first place, but it would most likely have to be an admin giving them to a player who ends up selling the items.

Honestly there is no harm in a couple admin items being in the hands of players (so long as it's not lava or water blocks). If someone has a spawn egg, what are they gonna do? Wreak havoc on the server with a piggy or an ocelot? It's not like someone's going to obtain a couple stacks of them and spawn them all at once.

Also wasn't there the suggestion of a spawn eggs donation where players would receive something like 5 spawn eggs for a few dollars of donation money? Opticalza really seemed to like that idea.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 11:50:02 pm by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2013, 11:55:56 pm »
Also wasn't there the suggestion of a spawn eggs donation where players would receive something like 5 spawn eggs for a few dollars of donation money? Opticalza really seemed to like that idea.

But do you see this implemented right now?
They are most likely left over from when we used to do chest'n'seek. The main prize usually being a op putting a spawn egg in the "big money" chest.

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2013, 12:00:14 am »
I have no clue how the items are introduced into the server in the first place, but it would most likely have to be an admin giving them to a player who ends up selling the items.

Honestly there is no harm in a couple admin items being in the hands of players (so long as it's not lava or water blocks). If someone has a spawn egg, what are they gonna do? Wreak havoc on the server with a piggy or an ocelot? It's not like someone's going to obtain a couple stacks of them and spawn them all at once.

It's ops giving them out, and if we allow u to have them, then we will receive endless requests for animals to be spawned, or for other items to be given out.
I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time someone has used Helpop for, "He KILLED MY ANIMALS!!!! can you spawn some more for me? They were my animals and he killed them."

Teqnichly no one owns animals
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2013, 12:54:37 am »

It's ops giving them out, and if we allow u to have them, then we will receive endless requests for animals to be spawned, or for other items to be given out.
I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every time someone has used Helpop for, "He KILLED MY ANIMALS!!!! can you spawn some more for me? They were my animals and he killed them."

You said you'd be rich if you had a dollar for every animal spawning request. So isn't there already an endless supply of players asking for their animals to be spawned? I should also mention that you are referring to both before and after this thread was made where people revealed that they had spawn eggs. So if players having spawn eggs isn't / wasn't common knowledge, and there were already many requests for animals to be spawned being made, then what difference does a few spawn eggs owned by players make?

Besides, aren't OP's supposed to NOT give those out in the first place? You also mentioned that admins make the rules, and they have been made (visible if you type /rules or look at the signs at spawn (or in the book you receive as a new player)). One of those rules is to use common sense, and another is to respect (and listen to) the admins. Those are the two abstract rules as they aren't defined perfectly such as the "No Griefing" rule which is not an abstract rule..

Don't use ender pearls to get into a player's locked house. (falls under common sense)
Don't kill other player's animals. (falls under common sense)
Don't sell or keep spawn eggs. (doesn't fall under common sense because an op gave the original player the egg(s) in the first place. Well, my parents gave me a PS3 for my birthday. What if I wanted to sell it and buy an Xbox360?)

If AwesomeAlicia tells you to not be on her land or inside her house in game - (respect/obey the admins, plus this also falls under the common sense case, and even the no griefing rule in some events)

TheWholeLoaf tells you to give up your spawn eggs because you can't have them. (This is not an explicit rule anywhere, and while this falls under the "respect/obey the admins" clause, there is no harm being done to the server. Sure someone has the spawn eggs, but no harm is being done, no common sense rules are being broken, and the items were given to the owner of the eggs by an OP unless purchased from another player. This now puts the situation under the "admins are being bossy" clause. I don't say that out of disrespect, but if admins just start giving orders to players and pulling out new rules left and right then the server will become less fun. Who would want to play on a server with bossy administrators. Once again, this is not out of disrespect, but instead is my way of pointing out that admins also have their boundries on a game server because admins with a lack of boundries will drive players away which is against the goal of any game server.)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:34:25 am by joshskiizz »

Best griefer name ^

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2013, 01:34:39 am »
You make things so difficult. If players have spawn eggs, they aren't suppose to be selling them. We have the right to take them away from the player. It doesn't matter what harm is or isn't being done, if an Admins says no, then it's no. Why is it so difficult to understand? You're not going to shake an Admins adamant opinion.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2013, 01:42:57 am »

You said you'd be rich if you had a dollar for every animal spawning request. So isn't there already an endless supply of players asking for their animals to be spawned? I should also mention that you are referring to both before and after this thread was made where people revealed that they had spawn eggs. So if players having spawn eggs isn't / wasn't common knowledge, and there were already many requests for animals to be spawned being made, then what difference does a few spawn eggs owned by players make?

Besides, aren't OP's supposed to NOT give those out in the first place? You also mentioned that admins make the rules, and they have been made (visible if you type /rules or look at the signs at spawn (or in the book you receive as a new player)). One of those rules is to use common sense, and another is to respect (and listen to) the admins. Those are the two abstract rules as they aren't defined perfectly such as the "No Griefing" rule which is not an abstract rule..

Don't use ender pearls to get into a player's locked house. (falls under common sense)
Don't kill other player's animals. (falls under common sense)
Don't sell or keep spawn eggs. (doesn't fall under common sense because an op gave the original player the egg(s) in the first place. Well, my parents gave me a PS3 for my birthday. What if I wanted to sell it and buy an Xbox360?)

If AwesomeAlicia tells you to not be on her land or inside her house in game - (respect/obey the admins, plus this also falls under the common sense case, and even the no griefing rule in some events)

TheWholeLoaf tells you to give up your spawn eggs because you can't have them. (This is not an explicit rule anywhere, and while this falls under the "respect/obey the admins" clause, there is no harm being done to the server. Sure someone has the spawn eggs, but no harm is being done, no common sense rules are being broken, and the items were given to the owner of the eggs by an OP unless purchased from another player. This now puts the situation under the "admins are being bossy" clause. I don't say that out of disrespect, but if admins just start giving orders to players and pulling out new rules left and right then the server will become less fun. Who would want to play on a server with bossy administrators. Once again, this is not out of disrespect, but instead is my way of pointing out that admins also have their boundries on a game server because admins with a lack of boundries will drive players away which is against the goal of any game server.)

You should read the rule book with /rules, there's a clear guideline saying ops won't give you items. We are just trying to clean it up now.

It's not just going to happen to a few people, we are hoping to get every item.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:59:23 am by Nyssa »

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2013, 01:45:45 am »
You make things so difficult. If players have spawn eggs, they aren't suppose to be selling them. We have the right to take them away from the player. It doesn't matter what harm is or isn't being done, if an Admins says no, then it's no. Why is it so difficult to understand? You're not going to shake an Admins adamant opinion.

Because you people are so god damn hard headed. You think you know everything. Well, thanks to you all I was forced to give up 65K worth of pig spawn egg. I also destroyed the ocelot eggs earlier since I figured they aren't as rare as the pig one was.

Best griefer name ^

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2013, 01:48:01 am »
edit: I know the damage from my comment has already been done and I posted it out of frustration. I apologize for it and don't feel it needs to stay up.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:59:34 am by Morrison1996 »