April 26, 2024, 12:31:26 am

Author Topic: Voting on Planet Minecraft  (Read 8273 times)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Voting on Planet Minecraft
« on: December 20, 2012, 06:07:24 am »
Hello fellow opticrafters.

So i know that we already have 4 voting sites and those are the most reliable and most viewed sites. But I thought I would suggest just one more.

I am suggesting we advertise on planet minecraft. The difference between planet minecraft and most voting sites is that other voting sites require certain fees to be a featured server on their list. The great thing about planet minecraft is that it runs on votes, favorites and diamonds (rather than just votes and payments). Now diamonds are a relatively new concept to the 'voting site game'.

You have all heard the phrase "Diamonds are forever". On planet minecraft, thats especially true. Diamonds are like 1-time votes that appear on the server's page forever (until someone takes it back off).

Favorites should be pretty self explanatory xD.

The combination of favoriting the page once, diamonding it once and voting daily (before it resets at the end of the month) help put the server up higher on the list. Now with all the vast competition out there on the site, we might not be number 1...But that does not mean we won't be visited by many curious guests.

Long explanation short. Planet Minecraft is a very popular site that is viewed by many MineCrafters. It is free to upload the server. And although it does not feature special payments (at least that im aware of) to give us a boost in our competition, I am confident in us as a community, to be able to gather tons of votes, diamonds and favorites getting us up on top.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Voting on Planet Minecraft
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 06:18:30 am »
"I'm from Planet Minecraft. I'm here to review this server. Please OP me." [cough]

... Oh, sorry... Wrong thread ;D

I'm sure Planet Minecraft has fees as well to be on its top servers lists.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 03:29:18 pm »
This could be somewhat reasonable. Of course, maybe more noobs will come in "reviewing" our server, but there are more people willing to play as well.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 03:31:50 pm »
Well... We always know what to reply when they say that... Lol

(Some Random Dude): Hurrhurrhurr I'm from planet minederp hurr hurr hurr may I get urp? Plz?

Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 04:26:19 pm »
Well... We always know what to reply when they say that... Lol
What is the anwser? ??? JK

But I like the idea.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 07:38:24 pm »
nononono
this is what would happen
"Hi, I'm from Planet Minecraft, I review servers to get them on the top server list. May I have OP so I can test out the permissions?"
we still have problems with this but it would probably get worse if we did this.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 11:36:57 pm »
nononono
this is what would happen
"Hi, I'm from Planet Minecraft, I review servers to get them on the top server list. May I have OP so I can test out the permissions?"
we still have problems with this but it would probably get worse if we did this.

I kinda would actually half like it better like that...more trolling for me :D
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

SonicHogSpeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 03:22:25 am »
Well you can specifically state that we won't tolerate noobish things as "I'm reviewing this server for Planet Minecraft" in the description. :-\ Having the server advertised on PMC has as many upsides as downsides. One major downside is that there are some MC hackers, like Team Avo., that can do real damage to the server's reputation while they have the chance. There was also another thing that made me fret of advertising on PMC, but I can't seem to recal it… ???

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 02:38:56 pm »
I think this would help. Yes, there would be some PMC Ranking tweakers, but they're never much of a problem. I think this would be good for us as a whole.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 03:57:19 pm »
I like this suggestion.  You're just going to have to get used to the people claiming they are from PM.  It happense to almost everyone who puts their server on PM.  So that's one of the reasons why we won't put our server on PM?  It's really not a big deal. Just ignore them and I can assume that less and less people are doing that because they know people won't believe them.

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 01:45:50 pm »
What happens when an actual PM ops comes on?

Planet Minecraft Op: Hi :D

Opticraft Up: Nuuu go away

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 04:45:12 am »
If the "reviewers" come, I'm sure our organized and efficient staff can take care of them in mere moments. Besides, it gives staff more to do. Rather than waiting for a helpop.

Anyways, I wonder if this might still be a possibility...xD

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 04:53:00 am »
Someone go list it already! 'If you build it, they will come'
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Llyrrr (XpLo)

• Captain Late
  • Lame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 05:39:17 am »
I agree with Dj on this one, it would be a good idea to put this server on planet minecrafts server list / vote list, as we are simply having a lack of players online on both servers of what i've seen since i've been back.
Probably the best Builder ever.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 12:36:49 pm »
Well you can specifically state that we won't tolerate noobish things as "I'm reviewing this server for Planet Minecraft" in the description. :-\ Having the server advertised on PMC has as many upsides as downsides. One major downside is that there are some MC hackers, like Team Avo., that can do real damage to the server's reputation while they have the chance. There was also another thing that made me fret of advertising on PMC, but I can't seem to recal it… ???
team avo? Pssh. We record their usernames, and if they come on they get tped to a jail cell and it sends a ticket to a staff member. They get interrogated. Most likely banned.
Done.