April 26, 2024, 11:54:14 pm

Author Topic: How To Report a Spambot  (Read 7874 times)

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Re: How To Report a Spambot
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 03:01:46 pm »
That's what I've been thinking. Mods and ops can see it, builders and non-ranks can't. I can, and I'm a recruit. Probably the recruit rank is able to see it because Optical forgot to disable it for that rank. Which brings me to another question: why disable it for non-staff? They're the ones who it's intended for.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 03:16:07 pm »
I started seeing it when I was a moderator.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 08:45:57 pm »
Ok, I think it's safe to conclude that non-ranked players, builders, and crafters cannot see it, and recruits, moderators, operators, and admins can. For those who can see it, the button is useful.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 09:13:10 pm »
You guys are silly. You can see it on other players, But obviously you don't see the "Report to moderator" button on yourself.

Wyboth, the picture you uploaded was a screenshot of your own post without a "Report to moderator".
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 09:18:08 pm »
Its not really a big deal. Mods/ops can jut delete them when they get to it. Some staff member is bound to do it eventually, so the reporting isnt really necessary.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2012, 06:29:43 am »
You guys are silly. You can see it on other players, But obviously you don't see the "Report to moderator" button on yourself.

Wyboth, the picture you uploaded was a screenshot of your own post without a "Report to moderator".
Are you kidding? The one where I said "I see them"? It's very clearly marked in that picture.
Its not really a big deal. Mods/ops can jut delete them when they get to it. Some staff member is bound to do it eventually, so the reporting isnt really necessary.
Yeah, but it might speed up the process a little. I don't know. This evolved more into a "I can't find the button!" thread than a "Is it necessary?" thread.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 06:31:57 am by Wyboth »

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012, 07:58:18 am »

Are you kidding? The one where I said "I see them"? It's very clearly marked in that picture.
Yeah, but it might speed up the process a little. I don't know. This evolved more into a "I can't find the button!" thread than a "Is it necessary?" thread.

My bad, I got confused between your & clawstrider's posts.
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012, 08:51:05 am »
Stop arguing and look at novembera top voters for a sec! D:
Btw wyboth, werent you an op at 1 point?
No, but everyone thinks I was. Also, how is this an argument?
Just something, It's impossible to ban them all. They only keep their thread up for a few minutes before deleting it themselves.

If you IP track them, they are all from some building in china. And no, They aren't bots. They are real Chinese people.

For example, Chinese prisoners are sometimes forced to play world of Warcraft for 11 hours a day, every day.

Now this may seem really awesome, but... They are forced to fly around, all day, mining. That's all they do! They just go around, mining all the nodes, and then they sell them to HordeWalmart in the auction house, They make a lot of money, THEN, the send the money to another account, and from that account they sell the currency for like 1$ per 1000g.

Are... you... kidding?

spammers pay eastern european labor workers to solve captchas all day, doesn't matter what kind of captcha system is used since a human is solving them. recaptcha does a pretty good job.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2012, 03:43:42 pm »
Being forced to play WoW...that's pretty cruel.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 08:24:22 pm »
I read the article tabooti posted, so I'm clear on the Chinese WoW PoW camps. That being said, could we keep it on-topic from here on out? That would be much appreciated.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 02:12:04 am »
What is the point of this being in helpful articles when it is more of a support issue
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 02:30:11 am »
It was originally a helpful article...now it's more of a General Discussion

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 04:43:47 am »
What is the point of this being in helpful articles when it is more of a support issue

This topic doesn't pertain to either of the servers. Please think before you type

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 07:02:53 am »

This topic doesn't pertain to either of the servers. Please think before you type
how is this a "helpful article" if only a fraction of the server can use it?
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 03:21:45 pm »
Because then that helpful fraction could use it to help the other helpful fraction.