April 19, 2024, 11:54:33 pm

Author Topic: Moderator Application - Clawstrider  (Read 7883 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Moderator Application - Clawstrider
« on: November 28, 2012, 12:13:28 am »

Timezone: GMT +/- 0

Were you recommended by anyone?: Xeadin, Saeberus, Joshskiizz, techdude98, Morrison1996, Redchecks

Why you should become a moderator:
Before I begin, I would like to put in a small anecdote.

I know many of you guys may, or may not have encountered me in the past. Back then, I was less of a mature player. I fully admit it now, and it isn’t something I’m proud of. However, I’ve been looking back on my 1 year, 7 months of activity and I’ve realised something. I believe its time to give back to the server. I’ve greatly enjoyed the time I’ve spent online so far, and hope I spend a lot longer on Opticraft, but I feel like it is my turn now, to return the fun times I’ve had on this server, and pass it along to other players.

This brings me neatly back to my application. I believe that as a mod, I could be devoted and mature enough to help out the staff team. I have noticed the staff team shrinking as of late, with there being a couple of hours sometimes, with not a single staff. I think I could help remedy this issue.

I am fairly experienced in staffing generally, from my history of WoW guilds to operating our classic server, to the current day, where I co-own a Planetside 2 outfit, and administrate/staff on two different servers. I understand the ideologies of Minecrafters more than most, due to my time both here, and around many other servers.

My activity is fairly high, I often spend up to 3 or 4 hours online each night, which I feel could be devoted towards helping others. I am not currently doing much in-game, apart from chatting to other players, or occasionally mining, so I don’t think that breaking off will be an issue to me, as it is to some players.

I fully understand a few players still may have concerns about me applying, and I am very open to questions.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:57:57 pm by clawstrider »

XRoyalDiamondX

• View Profile
Re: Moderator Application - Clawstrider
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:15:19 am »
OH No! "If clawstrider becomes a mod, does this ensure all end in opticrafts history?"

Lol man long time bud Gl and much support!

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:17:23 am »
Good luck

JakeTheSnake888

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 12:20:00 am »
SUPPORTED you are cool nice and have helped me with many things and you have helped me use forums and so much more,if u got mod i think the server would multiply not end :3

Dumbbomb(sexyleopard)

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 12:21:47 am »
I support you Claw! :D
When life gives you lemons, throw them at your friends.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 12:23:04 am »
Quote from: clawstrider
It'll be a while before i apply for mod again
So much for that then...

But. You've changed. in a good way. I've known you for a while so best of luck to you

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 12:24:41 am »
Quote from: clawstrider
It'll be a while before i apply for mod again
So much for that then...

But. You've changed. in a good way. I've known you for a while so best of luck to you

I've had people suggesting it for ages, my original plan was waiting 6ish months. However, I was convinced to do otherwise.

And thanks for your support, everyone :)

Saeberus

• Tempus Edax Rerum
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 12:26:40 am »
Blame me for his early application.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 12:39:15 am »
Super Ted

LordoftheBlock

• All your block are belong to me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 01:19:20 am »
Good luck Claw  ;)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 01:21:15 am »
Supported, good luck! :)

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 01:44:55 am »
Blame me for his early application.
And I!

I'm glad you put in your application! I hope your'e given a chance. You're extremely bright, fun, quick witted, and honest person. Great application. You really have matured immensely. Good luck. Supported.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 02:18:32 am »
When Claw was a classic op, i can vouch for how much claw cared about his job. His past includes many trolls and many mistakes but when he did his job, he treated the job and the guests with the utmost respect. By the looks of it, people have seen his change in maturity. I have seen it as well in his ever-calm demeanor, however I hope it maintains (not just a ploy to get staff as I have seen several players do). I know Claw is a well-intentioned person, never actually meaning to cause chaos. But I'm sure he will do an exceptional job.

Coming from the very same guy that devised the ever-popular meme "If Clawstrider were admin, would that ensure the end of all that is Opticraft?", I am willing to renounce the meme. He may be far from admin but I no longer can think of him as chaotic and crazy until he himself repeats his past actions. I have full faith in you claw. You put a lot of care and effort into your jobs. But I hope you will be an active mod (though im not all too worried). Once again i hope you can maintain it all.

Good luck and Supported. ;D

-DJ

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 02:35:38 am »
When Claw was a classic op, i can vouch for how much claw cared about his job. His past includes many trolls and many mistakes but when he did his job, he treated the job and the guests with the utmost respect. By the looks of it, people have seen his change in maturity. I have seen it as well in his ever-calm demeanor, however I hope it maintains (not just a ploy to get staff as I have seen several players do). I know Claw is a well-intentioned person, never actually meaning to cause chaos. But I'm sure he will do an exceptional job.

Coming from the very same guy that devised the ever-popular meme "If Clawstrider were admin, would that ensure the end of all that is Opticraft?", I am willing to renounce the meme. He may be far from admin but I no longer can think of him as chaotic and crazy until he himself repeats his past actions. I have full faith in you claw. You put a lot of care and effort into your jobs. But I hope you will be an active mod (though im not all too worried). Once again i hope you can maintain it all.

Good luck and Supported. ;D

-DJ

Thanks DJ, this means a ton, honestly :)

And thank you everyone else, I honestly didn't expect to recieve this much positive feeback on the first day after I posted it.

sour_dino

• smp trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 02:40:50 am »
  • I am so glad that Claw has put up an app for mod. I do see a difference in his behavior from when I started Opti, until now.
    I think Claw would make a good mod, in a way, haha. I've became very good friends with him during the Opti times. :3 And I support Claw 100% all the way through. I hope that people agree with me. :D
[/shadow][/list]
hey i dont really know what im doing