April 25, 2024, 08:40:52 pm

Author Topic: Forum suggestion  (Read 2347 times)

Selkon_Hunter

• View Profile
Forum suggestion
« on: October 22, 2012, 03:06:50 am »
I find it quite annoying when I see non-staff members clogging the mod apps with their "support". For those that don't know, only staff can actually give meaningful support. It's great that the non-staffers want to support their friend and all, but it seems to clutter the topic excessively. I was curious to know if mod apps could be made so that only the staff had permission to post in reply to the topic. Thank you.

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
Re: Forum suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 03:19:16 am »
Who said only staff members could hand out a meaningful support? We like to see who normal players think deserve mod as well.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 03:21:07 am by techdude98 »

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 04:03:58 am »
Everyone has their own opinion not just staff.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 04:11:15 am »
So, by saying that friends of those that apply to support them, it's going to do more good than harm? If this were true, think about how many more people would screw up as a mod simply because the decision was made by a handful of their 'friends' who thought they could be a good mod because they play together.

That is not a good course of action, and this is why we don't take moral support into consideration, because it ultimately screws up the decision-making process and creates unnecessary bias. We have done this for a very long time (even before SMP), and nobody has ever complained about it...

...well, until now.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:13:05 am by Xeadin »

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 09:37:01 pm »
It might not make an impact on their chance of being a mod, but it means alot to the person.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 06:02:59 am »
It might not make an impact on their chance of being a mod, but it means alot to the person.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 06:05:56 am »

Why do you randomly quote people without saying anything?

Ontopic, I had zero support from anyone, friends or Mods, so I wouldnt worry about it.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 06:09:09 am »

Why do you randomly quote people without saying anything?

Ontopic, I had zero support from anyone, friends or Mods, so I wouldnt worry about it.

It's like a way of saying I agree with them.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.