April 29, 2024, 07:10:55 am

Author Topic: Allowing Doors to be set for trusted+  (Read 3723 times)

morgosin

• View Profile
Allowing Doors to be set for trusted+
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:42:34 am »
I was wondering. Rather than adding everyone that will be helping you to a project why not simply make a lock for doors and chests to be accessed for Trusted+ or Member+ depending on the lock settings of your choosing...

Maybe make a something that goes along with /cmodify Possibly a /cmodify Trusted+ tag specifically to allow those trusted to open the door.
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
Re: Allowing Doors to be set for trusted+
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 12:44:46 am »
You know this would require optical to re-write the code into the plugin, since this isn't a feature.
It's a good idea but not that necessary.

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 06:27:37 pm »
So you only want a specific group to be able to open the doors and chests.? Other wise just use /cpublic hen anyone can open it.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 07:24:08 pm »
Basically he wants a parameter to where he can add groups from pex instead of just individual names. Unfortunately I don't see this being used very often.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 09:00:39 pm »
You're allowed to take stuff from unlocked chests, and most chests are locked. But once someone, even a trusted comes across a chest for trusteds+, would they be able to take anything from it, even if they don't know it's locked for that rank?

I don't think this should happen because I can see that becoming a big problem, even if they're not supposed to take from the chests.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:33:54 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 09:51:41 pm »
I know some people who would really abuse this. But it might be useful for doors...

If it does get implemented, make a member+ option as well.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

ironjack9899

• SMP-Trusted
    • View Profile
    • Signaturecraft
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 01:27:13 am »
If it does, this would really make a lot of builds more public for some people, and a lot easier for some people. If it is possible, it could be a great thing to add

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 11:22:59 pm »
I really think this should be implemented, but only for doors and add a member+ option.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 07:28:51 am »
I really think this should be implemented, but only for doors and add a member+ option.

You know not everyone is going to use this feature, I would only see this implemented if everyone's going to add a heck load of players (as a daily basis) that are assorted into a specified group. But not everyone does that, it's not that hard to modify the door to a couple of players, plus it's essentially a one-time thing to do.

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 02:46:29 pm »
I think it would only be used for people wo are making a big team build and wouldn't want to type a bunch of names. But, say I did /cmodify member+ and me and some homies were building. One of us go's to a chest and notices everything is gone :O . That would be because a member NOT working on the build walked in and stole the stuff.

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 08:00:30 pm »
I say no, it's not so useful and really how many times would you use it for like hours of coding
About posts, how do you even post a post?

jh2018

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 03:33:54 am »
If you don't wanna be bothered by guests/members. But, How are Mods, ops, admins supposed to get in? They have to put in a pass-code? XD

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 07:03:12 am »
If you don't wanna be bothered by guests/members. But, How are Mods, ops, admins supposed to get in? They have to put in a pass-code? XD

We can bypass locked items.