April 29, 2024, 12:13:56 pm

Author Topic: Default Chat Channel  (Read 7531 times)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Defualt Chat Channel
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 10:24:55 pm »
*sighhhh*
The thing is there aren't much spammers nowadays and we don't have to worry about them because they get banned quickly or the chat stops them from repeating. Also, why would we let ppl try to figure out what the command is?  Also the quiz thing wouldn't be annoying to reliable players.

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 10:27:48 pm »
(Sorry double post, on mobile)
Ignore the "also, why would we let ppl try to figure out the command"

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 10:40:57 pm »
When i did the quiz on another server, i wasnt happy about it. it was long, time consuming, and everytime i got one wrong it would kill me and i would have to start over. Im not saying that ours would be like that, but it is still annoying. And as for Why would we let the players try to figure out the command, its becuase they most likely are good trustworthy players if they take the time to figure it out. If they just try to spam the local chat, they wont annoy many players.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 11:18:18 pm »
I like the idea of being able to hear all chats, maybe implement it so mods+ can hear all local chat if they choose? Cuz I'd love being able to help people at spawn and such

i think trusteds should be able to help in some way too, without spending time at the spawn. And i think mods should have the ablillity to see local. I wonder how many people get away with spamming in local when there are no ops on.

-_- Another "Truste should be able to" Suggestion.

I remember these two guys in local chat cussing out everyone they saw in global chat (although they were in local) and if we let them start off in global, we would constantly be getting spammed. I only heard the guy in local because I was at the market.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 11:22:37 pm »
Mopar, if you payed attention, I said to ignore the "also why would we try to let them figure the command out!" Come on mopar, pay attention and read carefully.

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 11:57:58 pm »
I did read that, but i wanted to clarify just in case. You cant yell at a guy for including more information than is needed.

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 12:24:55 am »
Ok sorry then.  Thanks for explaining :P

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 12:28:35 am »
My idea is that instead of a quiz or a separate chat system, why not make all guest spawn in with a pre-set rules book or a map with a list of rules on it. This way its both a fun and useful way of using books/maps.

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 12:57:40 am »
no offense, but our default spawn is really not that amazing. How many servers have a medium sized castle with a fountain as spawn? Everyone does.

We should get a new spawn with easier to read rules, and the channel switching guide in direct center.
I would personally prefer something more modern, like inside a massive skyscraper or pavilion of some kind.

Similar to some of the newer olympic venues.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 01:18:34 am »
Xeadin, do you have any knowlegde regarding the post with a new channel suggestion? is that in any way possible?

I do believe that the chat channels operate more on a player basis than it would function as a zone on a given world, so no-- this wouldn't be possible due to the nature of the HeroChat's channel feature.

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
Re: Default Chat Channel
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 02:08:07 pm »
All right, so.

Bantam, I agree with that, I am using a pre set book of rules for my faction on my server.
Tyler, a new spawn would be great, but were would we put it? it needs to be in the guest world, and it needs to be on the mainland. There just isnt room. I would bring this to optical, but I doubt hell agree.
And, my least favorite comment, Xeadin. *sigh* ok well, if opti likes the idea, maybe hell look into it more, but for now, ill keep thinking up new ideas the best I can.

Thank you for your ideas/comments, keep 'em comin!

-Mopar :D

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 02:52:36 pm »
I like the idea of being able to hear all chats, maybe implement it so mods+ can hear all local chat if they choose? Cuz I'd love being able to help people at spawn and such

i think trusteds should be able to help in some way too, without spending time at the spawn. And i think mods should have the ablillity to see local. I wonder how many people get away with spamming in local when there are no ops on.

-_- Another "Truste should be able to" Suggestion.

I remember these two guys in local chat cussing out everyone they saw in global chat (although they were in local) and if we let them start off in global, we would constantly be getting spammed. I only heard the guy in local because I was at the market.

Damn, somehow I completely missed this post. Sorry Snape.

My point being, (i know now that i cant do this, but this was my idea) The Volunteer in the channel would only tell them how to use global if the V thuoght that they could be trusted and not spam or cuss or anything else. So, these guys at spawn would have to figure out GLobal by themselves. The V has a lot of control over the noob, as he can call a mod if he is misbehaving, he can choose not to answer the noob and the guy will likely leave, and he can also determine wether or not the player should be told how to use Global. Im pretty sure i clarified this in the main post regarding the new channel. Please re read it if you think that i didnt clarify, then notify me if you have any more questions ;)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 03:00:52 pm »
Our chat system is fine. Why waste our time on someone who failed to read the rules and find out how to get to global chat?

Locked.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident