April 28, 2024, 11:49:57 am

Author Topic: Operator Application - Wyboth  (Read 13078 times)

officiersmirnof

• check out the youtube chanel lightwolfgamming
    • View Profile
Re: Operator Application - Wyboth
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 04:24:00 pm »
i wil not support this
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 10:06:13 pm by officiersmirnof »

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 10:01:45 pm »
i wil not support this because
1. i dont know you good enough
2. half of the time 1 hour a day is not what we need we need ops wo are on more

If you don't know him... Don't post...

I know my own opinion doesn't count for much, but I support Wyboth. Has he had past history? Yes. Do I care? No. People change. He is mature, sensible, can take a joke, and I think he would be a great addition to the team. He does need to work on not getting so aggravated by trolls bit that can happen later.
I'm not going to go on some rant, but seriously, ignore the haters, half of them are talking shit.

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2012, 11:45:59 pm »
I have given it some thought and I have decided to Support you on the condition you keep chill and less arguementive on a consistent basis, just as your are doing at the moment. I think aside from all of that, you would make a good op.

Good luck once more.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:27:20 am by xNuzzy »
You make choices in life and you don't look back

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2012, 11:49:32 pm »
I have given it some thought and I have decided to Support you on the condition you keep chill and less arguementive just as your are doing at the moment. I think aside from all of that, you would make a good op.

Good luck once more.
Thanks, xNuzzy. I don't ever see myself going back to being argumentative like I was a month ago. Thanks again for the support.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 12:27:27 am »
Not supported for now, i will inform you if my mind changes.
withdrawn, you have my support

UnknownHedgehog

• Pointy Hedgehog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 03:03:21 am »
Here's my view.
And this is just my opinion; Not trying to be a "hater" or "shit talker".
And I don't want to start an argument or anything, just giving my view.

To be honest, one month is not that long of a period of time compared to how long he's been around.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the majority of rejected op apps based on past actions?

I know that people can change.
But what strikes me is the sudden change of heart when he decided to apply for op.
How when he decided to go for op, he decided he's past all that.

I mean, it's a given that if you're gonna apply for op, you gotta make yourself look eligible for op.
But that should be based off a maturity that has been shown for a decent time compared to how long that person has been around.
Not that person is changing because he wants to be an op (And I've seen that a lot in op apps. Where somebody would point out an instance, and that person would be like "I'm working on that").

Idk, say what you want, but that's just my view.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 03:34:15 am »
Here's my view.

To be honest, one month is not that long of a period of time compared to how long he's been around.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the majority of rejected op apps based on past actions?

But what strikes me is the sudden change of heart when he decided to apply for op.

I mean, it's a given that if you're gonna apply for op, you gotta make yourself look eligible for op.
But that should be based off a maturity that has been shown for a decent time compared to how long that person has been around.
Not that person is changing because he wants to be an op (And I've seen that a lot in op apps. Where somebody would point out an instance, and that person would be like "I'm working on that").

I was going to post something, but I didn't know the right words. ^Those are the right words.

And to add onto that, assuming you are only "getting passed things" to look more mature to be an op, I guarantee you, regardless of the outcome, you'll end up going back to the way you were.
Even if you really did have a sudden change of heart.
UH is right, a month isn't enough time to tell. If you can change in one month, why can't you change back a month later?

You get rejected: No need to stay "mature" and work on getting passed things. (Well, there is still a need, but not as important since there's no real aim)
You get accepted: I give it around a month until you're used to being an op before your old habits slowly start creeping in.

It's not you personally that I think that would happen to, it's just human nature.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:47:51 am by Kurseddragon »

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 03:44:52 am »
It is not very often that I agree with Kurse but this is one of those times.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 03:54:58 am »

You're just agreeing to everything that is against Wyboth.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2012, 04:01:43 am »

You're just agreeing to everything that is against Wyboth.

Technically mine was against human nature, not specifically Wyboth.
(Though in this case, it was directed to him)

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2012, 06:02:58 am »
I don't know how all of you type so much.
On topic: kinda what henz said, just let the past be the past i mean, i dont fully support him YET but half of you havent seen if hes changed or not so dont post if you dont know.

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2012, 11:35:14 am »
Here's my view.

That is a very good point, and I believe it warrants a response.

I know that it looks bad that I'm suddenly changing when I apply for op, indeed, I thought about it myself. The only thing I can really say about this is that for the past month, although I never said it, I wasn't being argumentative. It's not really that I've all of a sudden decided to be mature; I've been mature for the past month, but I've never pointed it out until now, when the topic came up. I heard you about how a month isn't long enough, but Nick3306 said that he wouldn't be making a decision on my app anytime soon, so hopefully between now and the time he decides will be long enough for you to see if I've truly changed or not. Another point that you made was that I might have changed only because I wanted the promotion and not because I'm really over it. If I may, I'd like to go a little bit into psychology. There are two ways a person can be motivated: internally and externally. An external motivation would be like what you just described: a person changes only so that they can get a reward. The other type is internal, which is where they themselves want to change, not just for some type of reward. This is what my motivation is. I'm not changing because I want to get op, I'm changing because I realize that I've hurt some people and I want to stop doing that. Yes, I am also externally motivated by the promotion, but that is not the main drive of why I've changed. I only decided to apply for op the night before I posted this app, so all of the change you saw in the past month was purely internal, which brings me to another point. Kursed said that it's human nature to change back to the way you were before. He's absolutely right in saying this - I've seen it happen over and over again. But usually the people who change back were what UH described: just being good to get the reward. Once they had it, it didn't matter to be good anymore, since they had gotten what they wanted. With op, it's a bit different because it can be taken away, but deep down they're the same. I can guarantee you that all of those people were externally motivated by the reward. They had no real reason to change, they just wanted the reward, and after that, it didn't matter. That's not how I am. Since I'm internally motivated, my desire to remain how I am now won't burn out after I get op (assuming I get it). Since I changed for a different reason, the promotion won't matter that much to me regarding my argumentativeness. I'll stay the way I am because I don't want to hurt people's feelings. So Kursed, you are absolutely right that it is human nature to change back - for those that are externally motivated. But I'm not that way, which is why I don't see myself changing back.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2012, 01:37:17 pm »
Here's my view.

That is a very good point, and I believe it warrants a response.

I know that it looks bad that I'm suddenly changing when I apply for op, indeed, I thought about it myself. The only thing I can really say about this is that for the past month, although I never said it, I wasn't being argumentative. It's not really that I've all of a sudden decided to be mature; I've been mature for the past month, but I've never pointed it out until now, when the topic came up. I heard you about how a month isn't long enough, but Nick3306 said that he wouldn't be making a decision on my app anytime soon, so hopefully between now and the time he decides will be long enough for you to see if I've truly changed or not. Another point that you made was that I might have changed only because I wanted the promotion and not because I'm really over it. If I may, I'd like to go a little bit into psychology. There are two ways a person can be motivated: internally and externally. An external motivation would be like what you just described: a person changes only so that they can get a reward. The other type is internal, which is where they themselves want to change, not just for some type of reward. This is what my motivation is. I'm not changing because I want to get op, I'm changing because I realize that I've hurt some people and I want to stop doing that. Yes, I am also externally motivated by the promotion, but that is not the main drive of why I've changed. I only decided to apply for op the night before I posted this app, so all of the change you saw in the past month was purely internal, which brings me to another point. Kursed said that it's human nature to change back to the way you were before. He's absolutely right in saying this - I've seen it happen over and over again. But usually the people who change back were what UH described: just being good to get the reward. Once they had it, it didn't matter to be good anymore, since they had gotten what they wanted. With op, it's a bit different because it can be taken away, but deep down they're the same. I can guarantee you that all of those people were externally motivated by the reward. They had no real reason to change, they just wanted the reward, and after that, it didn't matter. That's not how I am. Since I'm internally motivated, my desire to remain how I am now won't burn out after I get op (assuming I get it). Since I changed for a different reason, the promotion won't matter that much to me regarding my argumentativeness. I'll stay the way I am because I don't want to hurt people's feelings. So Kursed, you are absolutely right that it is human nature to change back - for those that are externally motivated. But I'm not that way, which is why I don't see myself changing back.

I can vouch for your internal/external motivation making a difference since I went through an internal change in real life which I'm not gonna go into detail.
I'm not gonna lie, it's not that hard to go back without noticing. The funny part is there has to be something motivating you to motivate you, if that makes sense.

In this case, it'll either be "I wanna stop hurting people" for you, or "I wanna be an op" and honestly, none of us could know the truth 'cause it's an easy thing to hide.

Since Nick is gonna take a while before replying, we'll see how you can handle this type of situation over time.
If my opinion actually mattered, I'd say I don't support you yet due to a time issue, but since it really doesn't matter I'll just wish you good luck. That's all I'm gonna say.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:46:05 pm by Kurseddragon »

zombieravemaster

• i quit opticraft for realz now ;)
    • View Profile
    • friendlyplayers
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2012, 02:11:07 pm »
some support and others don't support :P but i wont choose to support or not to support, i will simple wish you luck wyboth
click this plz

dunno wat im up too now adays? look for me on steam.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2012, 03:29:06 pm »
If I ever do go back, someone can tell me that, and I'll snap out of it. I don't see myself going back anytime soon.

Motivating me to motivate me? Could you explain that better?

I would hope that people wouldn't distrust me so much as to think that I'm lying about all of this.