April 23, 2024, 10:05:36 pm

Author Topic: Operator Application - Wyboth  (Read 13046 times)

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Re: Operator Application - Wyboth
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 10:46:31 pm »
Wyboth, I do not think people have forgot how you handle yourself when confronted with a problem as little as how people make sprites. I cannot support you in this, I do not think you are ready for this power at all.

(click to show/hide)
I just said that I'm past that in my last post.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 11:06:02 pm »
Not supported for now, i will inform you if my mind changes.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 12:56:15 am »
Yo friend supports you mah boi
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 12:57:43 am »
I am going to be totally honest here. It is true in the past that you have been arguementive and you have been getting on people's nerves. However, you say that you have been working on that and I think that you have been working on it since I haven't seen any major arguements from you recently. So keep it up.

I cannot support you at the moment but I might change my mind later on.

Good luck nonetheless.
You make choices in life and you don't look back

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 01:07:16 am »
Wyboth, I do not think people have forgot how you handle yourself when confronted with a problem as little as how people make sprites. I cannot support you in this, I do not think you are ready for this power at all.

(click to show/hide)

Wyboth, I think that it is great that you are getting over your annoying argumentative phase but an Operator application is not the right place to prove that. Seeing some of the comments like gameguy's, which is totally spot on, should really speak to you and warrant a better response than "I'm past that". I reference gameguy's comment specifically because he is an experienced, active Operator and knows how difficult Classic can be at times. I do not wish to sit here and bash you, but I think that this community deserves a better response if you want them to respect you as an Operator.

Good Luck with your application.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 01:09:09 am »

(click to show/hide)

Wyboth, I think that it is great that you are getting over your annoying argumentative phase but an Operator application is not the right place to prove that. Seeing some of the comments like gameguy's, which is totally spot on, should really speak to you and warrant a better response than "I'm past that". I reference gameguy's comment specifically because he is an experienced, active Operator and knows how difficult Classic can be at times. I do not wish to sit here and bash you, but I think that this community deserves a better response if you want them to respect you as an Operator.

Good Luck with your application.

I expect this on my mod app XD
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 01:31:21 am »
Sure, Bantam, I will provide a better response.

Let's not deceive ourselves; I've had a couple of incidents in the past where I've gotten on people's nerves. I'm fully aware of what I've done, and the impact that it's had on others. I would like to formally apologize to anyone whose feelings that I might have hurt. I'm sorry. I did not mean to hurt you in any way. I was having an argument, but I didn't intend for any of it to be taken personally. Please forgive me if I hurt your feelings. I'll do my best to not start any arguments in the future.

As for his statement that I mingle with things that do not concern me, if he means my suggestions, then all I'm trying to do is make the server a better place. I can see how my past arguments would taint my reputation, but I don't see how making suggestions would disqualify me. Could you explain this a little bit better?

Now, talking to everyone as a whole: I've noticed that most of the comments focus on all of the reasons why I shouldn't be an op. What about the reasons why I should? What I'm asking is that you look at the big picture, that you look at every aspect of me, not just the negative. I would also ask that you examine me more closely as I am today, because I've changed in the past month. Judge me as who I am today, not as who I was a month ago. The me from one month ago isn't who you're deciding whether or not to promote to op, it's the me today.

Thank you for all of your input, both positive and negative.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 02:26:24 am »
If you want us to say things about you in the last 30 days then? Okay. "Wyboth: Greetings, maggots." how is that respectful? If you want others to treat you with respect don't call them bugs. "A maggot is the larva of a fly." No way is that nice to say to others.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 02:56:33 am »
If you want us to say things about you in the last 30 days then? Okay. "Wyboth: Greetings, maggots." how is that respectful? If you want others to treat you with respect don't call them bugs. "A maggot is the larva of a fly." No way is that nice to say to others.

Dude, now that's just being rude. Come on, he at least apologized.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 02:56:47 am »
It's a reference to Mr. Popo from Dragon Ball Z Abridged by Team Four Star, and, once again, a joke.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2012, 04:03:34 am »
It's a reference to Mr. Popo from Dragon Ball Z Abridged by Team Four Star, and, once again, a joke.

If there's one piece of advice I can give you about this server in general.
Your jokes are gonna kill you (Not yours specifically, but jokes in general).

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2012, 04:59:47 am »
I'd like to input my opinion on this:

This is an application, sure you can give good feedback and what not, but if you're going to post something negative or something that could start an argument, then it's best not to.

As you would've noticed from the recent posts.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2012, 06:11:03 am »
Really guys?

This is just an application for moderator, and now it's "Let's all roast Wyboth!"

Don't be so hard on him, especially not in here, where all he wants is to become an operator.

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2012, 07:35:11 am »
Really guys?

This is just an application for moderator, and now it's "Let's all roast Wyboth!"

Don't be so hard on him, especially not in here, where all he wants is to become an operator.

I agree, Sir. Wyboth deserves a chance, and he's tried to apologize. So don't be so hard on him. :-\

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2012, 02:51:07 pm »
When I posted my comment, I had no intention of starting an argument but only to get Wyboth to thoroughly explain how he has shown that he has changed. I am content with the response and wish him good luck. I agree with Henz that this discussion should not become a personal matter. In addition it should not consist of comments such as "give him a shot, everyone gets a try!" To me, those comments just sound like they are trying to spark more arguments.