April 29, 2024, 02:54:26 am

Author Topic: Moderator Application - Tylerhan2000  (Read 5306 times)

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
Moderator Application - Tylerhan2000
« on: August 28, 2012, 11:01:34 pm »
Name: Tyler Han (IGN: tylerhan2000)

Personal note:
PLEASE READ
I do realize the general impression I have put on in the past few weeks. My sincere apologies for leaving without note for such a long period leaving behind such a massive city. The primary reason I had left was because of irl issues and also the fact that I had been rejected for a moderator position in light of all the dedication and achievements I hold proudly and dearly in this server, which overall sounds like an extremely immature act of reasoning, but also the reason for my brief absents over my 2 years of membership within this community. I have roamed this server and community and only this since the days of dark and hanno. Although I realize my chances this time are even more slim, I just wish for one simple chance to prove myself, a simple chance I had been looking for over the past 2 years on this server, spanning 5 6 rejected applications. I promise to be on as long as humanly possible in accordance to my schedule, and put all my effort into helping this community. Thank you for considering this and reading this article.
Best Regards-
Tylerhan2000

Timezone:PST, ( But I usually play whenever I can or whenever anyone needs help)

Forum Join date:DEC 4th, 2010

Current rank: builder(Classic) trusted(SMP)

Were you recommended by anyone?::
Drunz
TheFulcon
Bahraindude_2497
TheRealFamous
DeadlyLead101 (about 2 months ago), currently searching for someone else.

Reason for application: I personally would love to become a moderator and help with the griefing problems me and many other people experienced. Also to take action against many hateful and harmful members in the community and servers.
Ive been playing on this server for some time now. This is my favorite server and only thus far and I would like to contribute to the community in any way I can. I hope can prove myself worthy of this position. And also, I am one of the more senior members on this server.
But really I want to be a moderator to repay opticalza for his time, money, and dedication to this server to allow us all to play for free, I hope I may repay his kindness by ridding the server of troublemakers to strive to ruin people's fun and also help out new members on their journey in this server. Also I hope that I could help lift the weights off the current moderators' shoulders, due to the surplus amount of players streaming on. I understand that to be a moderator, I must give up my time to help with the server and it's players, I understand that responsibility and I will do anything within my limits to uphold it.  
Now that Mincraft is officially out, I hope to extend my responsibilities as an moderator if I do so get approved, I am a seasoned SMP player, know all the commands for Bukkit (I have been a SMP mod before). Help new players around and such.

Why you should become an moderator: About the fact that I used about 170k blocks to build in classic, as well as creating the largest city on the SMP server (in terms of population), supporting the evidence of my dedication and time put on forth into this server. And of course, i would love to help people and their creations and goals, and to prevent griefing. I've had some personal experience with griefing on the server myself, as now I vouch my war against griefers and bring every one of them to justice no matter what it takes. Also opticraft is the only server I play on minecraft and certainly the best community I have had, and I feel honored to be a part of it. I am now very active on the forums and i can help out with things. Also I would like to point out the fact that I am the founder of the largest city on the server, in terms of population, and that city is very prone to grief attacks daily and also many new players seeking help as well as the city of my friend Zezenov, since I visit the two sites very often, and grief or damage will be easily spotted. I want to help Opticraft maintain a strong community free of griefers and people who decide to ruin the time of players on this server. In short, I know all the commands, responsibilities, and exceptions for an moderator. And really in times like this I feel powerless with no mods on and also a sense of guilt watching griefers ruin people's enjoyment of this wonderful and unique game. I also believe I should obtain the title of moderator because to the fact that I am a nearly 2 year old member of this great server, and I have been around here for longer than any other of the current moderator applicants. (I have seen and meet friends new and old, still among us and departed of minecraft, I remember the old admins, Hanno and Darkpowerzx, as well as texasbaseball, and I have been around since our current admins where no more than builders on classic)

I have also noticed a trend that this server (at least SMP) is often understaffed at hours when I play, with one or zero moderators who can't handle the stress of 60+ people.

Extra Information:
(I believe that i am personally good at computer media arts, 3DS max, Maya, photoshop after effects, sony vegas, blender 3d etc.)

Thank you for taking your time to read this application, I know it's a big long in contrast to the other ones, but I appreciate your help!

TL;DR: I understand I sound naggy and immature after being rejected 5 times over 2 years, but I would wish for one chance to prove myself as a moderator.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 12:29:18 am by TheRealFamous »

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application - Tylerhan2000
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 11:03:16 pm »
Deadly hasn't been staff in quite a while, and only staff can recommend.

tylerhan2000

• Don't you trust me? :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 11:05:12 pm »
^sorry about that, I may have posted this application prematurely, as it is a modified copy of my last application. I will now go find someone who may support this.

my apologies.

EDIT: got some love from Drunz. All good.

EDIT2: TheFulcon :3
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 05:13:24 pm by tylerhan2000 »

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:56:35 pm »
I remember you...I lived in your city, welcome back friend!
Supported :)

Razuler

• Better to remain silent and be thought a fool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 03:37:49 am »
helpful guy totally supported hard worker  :)

TehxP

• Best Builder;
  • c:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 04:31:39 am »
I support the decision to make Tyler a mod for a few reasons, He is one of the longest players on the server although he took a break, he's still been on the server for a LONG time. Secondly, he's always helpful when people ask questions or need water he's helping, and lastly he's just an all around good guy and he could/would lighten up the community a bunch :).

Good luck on the Moderator position, I hope you get it! :D

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 04:41:01 am »
I have never met you before, but i can see that your application is well written and you seem like a person who has a level head so good luck!

Coolcrab88

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 10:21:17 am »
Wow, that Mod app is massive O.o Probably the biggest one I've seen for a while :D

Anyway, Supported  8)

LordoftheBlock

• All your block are belong to me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 04:39:55 am »
Supported.

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 02:02:45 pm »
Le supporto.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 07:01:02 pm »
If he can run a city like Skyrim he can handle Mod. Just don't drop that suddenly! (╯°O°)╯FUS RO DAH! ==== SUPPORTED
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

Bahraindude_2497

• The Watcher
  • I'm always watching you - Greifers - ALWAYS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 12:13:16 am »
RECCOMENDED

Tyler is Awesome, Mature and totally capable of becoming a Moderator. He is a good leader and can help people wherever needed!
Good Luck Tyler! ;)

Bahraindude

Chicken walking to GLOBAL DOMINATION!

Winniedoxie

• The Dachshund Fanatic
  • Dachshunds ❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 01:12:43 am »
Supported! You application is very well written and you would make a great moderator! Good luck :)

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 04:29:49 am »
On trial. Familiarize yourself with the moderator commands and guidelines in the staff forum.

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 04:30:50 am »
Congratz