March 5, 2012List your creations, and the worlds they are on:
- Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, Germany (Recruit39)
- Flatiron Building in New York, NY (Recruit40)
- Classic Spleef Arena (Builder18)
- Stahl House in Los Angeles, CA (Builder18)
- El Capricho in Barrio de Sobrellano, Spain (Builder19)
- Spleef the Flag Arena (Builder21)
- Ultimate Chimera from Mother 3
- Mr. Saturn from EarthBound
- Fierce Deity Sword from The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
(Builder23)Links to screenshots of the creation:
- Brandenburg Gate: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Unknown255/Minecraft%20Crafter%20Application/Brandenburg%20Gate/
- Flatiron Building: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Unknown255/Minecraft%20Crafter%20Application/Flatiron%20Building/
- Classic Spleef Arena: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Unknown255/Minecraft%20Crafter%20Application/Classic%20Spleef%20Arena/
- Stahl House: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Unknown255/Minecraft%20Crafter%20Application/Stahl%20House/
- El Capricho: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Unknown255/Minecraft%20Crafter%20Application/El%20Capricho/
- Spleef the Flag Arena: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Unknown255/Minecraft%20Crafter%20Application/Spleef%20the%20Flag%20Arena/
- Ultimate Chimera: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Unknown255/Minecraft%20Crafter%20Application/Ultimate%20Chimera/
- Mr. Saturn: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Unknown255/Minecraft%20Crafter%20Application/Mr%20Saturn/
- Fierce Deity Sword: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Unknown255/Minecraft%20Crafter%20Application/Fierce%20Deity%20Sword/Extra (Anything else you want to mention):
For builds that are based off of real life buildings, I include real pictures of the buildings as references.
Allow me explain a few things about some builds:
Brandenburg Gate: This was my first build since becoming Recruit. It was a decently detailed build, and it was one of two builds that were in my Builder app. However, I added a large amount of detail to it since then. For example: The side buildings are no longer just simple boxes, and the pillars now have arches between them. While the build looks somewhat different to the real Brandenburg Gate due to those changes, I believe it was a good decision to add extra details to it.
Flatiron Building: This was my second build since becoming Recruit, and it was the second of two builds in my Builder app. There are 18 floors total, and all of them are furnished. It was; however, becoming extremely difficult to mix things up for every floor. I will admit that. The building is also different from standard buildings due to its triangular shape, which I included in the build. I changed this build slightly by making the hypotenuse side of the top of the building straight, as opposed to its sloppy look from before.
Classic Spleef Arena & Spleef the Flag Arena: I know Spleef arenas are done quite a bit; however, these arenas were submitted to the Spleef Arena Contest held by Your_Mine and will be used when a new world is made for Spleef in general. Also, if you don't know what Spleef the Flag is, here's a link to the Spleef Arena Contest, which explains everything about it. http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,9629.0.html
El Capricho: The build used to have a plain red wall in the back. I cannot find the photo of the model of El Capricho that showed the plain red wall, nor can I find any other good pictures of that wall, but it is there. However, I noticed that in one picture, one can see a little bit of a tent where the wall is. But rather than building a simple tent, I built a greenhouse of sorts, and built small gardens and two trees under it. While there is no such thing there, I added it to make the build have better quality; as opposed to an exposed plain red wall. Also, about the interior, the majority of it is original by me. There are photos, but I only used the wall design and the ceiling design. Other than those things, the interior is all mine. Also, the dragon mural was done without GIMP and is not part of the real El Capricho.
Mr. Saturn and Fierce Deity: These are the smaller of my builds that I have done. I put them in this app though since they both have, imho, good curves to them. I know that's not up to me to decide though.
I have also done pixel art, which I made with GIMP. I did not use MrMonkey91's palette (I didn't know that Monkey had a palette up for download until after I made my own, but I have not used Monkey's palette ever). I made my own palette on GIMP from terrain.png, and I indexed the photo to Minecraft Classic material colors. Because of this, I'm putting the pixel art in the Extras part of this app. The pixel art I've done include:
- Skull Kid from Majora's Mask
- Death from the Darksiders
games (Current Builder)
- Gray Fox from Metal Gear Solid
Here is the link to the pixel art: http://s864.photobucket.com/albums/ab205/Unknown255/Minecraft%20Crafter%20Application/Pixel%20Art/
Also, I don't have any real life, nor 3D, models of any of the builds based on real things, and the only thing I used was pictures for reference.
Thank you for your time.Edit:
Added the Ultimate Chimera.