April 26, 2024, 05:01:35 pm

Author Topic: Classic World  (Read 4837 times)

Mr.Monkey

• Nomnom
  • 2D artist
    • View Profile
    • minecraft pictures
Classic World
« on: August 20, 2012, 09:57:06 am »
Jeez, some operators have been on trial for way too long ._.

There are some there from back in January still. Either accept or reject them, but the trial ops page is way too long. Someone *cough* admins *cough* should take more care of this :/

Starry11, on trial since March 29, hasn't been online for over 15 weeks; eDaesung, on trial since May 21, almost 10 weeks.

Even worse, Whatshiywl, on trial since January 11, still active, still not accepted; your_mine, on trial since January 29, also still active but not accepted.

I don't know the policies for accepting/rejecting, but don't keep these people waiting so long...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 10:48:39 am »

There are some there from back in January still. Either accept or reject them, but the trial ops page is way too long. Someone *cough* admins *cough* should take more care of this :/

Starry11, on trial since March 29, hasn't been online for over 15 weeks; eDaesung, on trial since May 21, almost 10 weeks.

Even worse, Whatshiywl, on trial since January 11, still active, still not accepted; your_mine, on trial since January 29, also still active but not accepted.

I don't know the policies for accepting/rejecting, but don't keep these people waiting so long...
I think because of the recent events involving SMP, Nick and Relkeb have been fairly caught up in a lot of things.
I could be totally wrong and they both could just be waiting, who knows.

But again, what we do know is that they are both trying their hardest here, and even they need reminders like this at times.

Victor1261

Classic World
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 02:18:12 pm »
Removed myself from builder.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 11:04:41 pm »

I agree, it sucks that all the work falls on the shoulds of two admins. We need moar

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 04:22:37 pm »

I agree, it sucks that all the work falls on the shoulds of two admins. We need moar
I believe they are discussing about Seperate Admins. So that there is 1 Admin for Classic and 1 for SMP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 05:40:36 pm »

I believe they are discussing about Seperate Admins. So that there is 1 Admin for Classic and 1 for SMP.
Nick for Classic, Relkeb for SMP? :P
God, if its Relkeb for Classic, we will ALL die >_>
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 08:39:41 pm »
Or how about it stays the way it is right now? Nick is doing a good job with both classic and smp.

---><--- Click the monkey

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
Classic World
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 08:43:40 pm »
Would you prefer 2 million cuboid errors in classic or a server blown up in SMP? :P

For this reason and the fact its more logical to have them on both we wont have them monitoring separate servers. Also as people said "Classic is dying" it would give unfair work loads on either party.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 10:00:57 pm »

It is basically due to lazyness mixed with irrelevancy. Why should I go through and accept them all when the outcome with be the EXACT same as not accepting them? Lets face it, we now have 25 players on classic a night if we are lucky. There is just o point.

As for separate admins, that wont happen. Relkeb and I will continue to focus on SMP while giving a little help to classic. Sorry to disappoint you guys but that is how it goes.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Classic World
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 01:23:07 am »
Just because there are less players DOES NOT mean that you should give up on Classic. I'm not sure where the idea came from that Classic is dead and we can get rid of it, but it's stupid. I really think we should continue support for Classic like we did before. Just because our players are dwindling doesn't mean we should just throw it away. I'm sure if that happened, several players, including me, would leave Opticraft and find some other server. It would be a shame for this to happen. Please don't give up.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 01:31:52 am »
Just because there are less players DOES NOT mean that you should give up on Classic. I'm not sure where the idea came from that Classic is dead and we can get rid of it, but it's stupid. I really think we should continue support for Classic like we did before. Just because our players are dwindling doesn't mean we should just throw it away. I'm sure if that happened, several players, including me, would leave Opticraft and find some other server. It would be a shame for this to happen. Please don't give up.
How about we make a creative beta server and transfer donated worlds over to the creative server. What we would need is limited world space, like classic worlds, where is doesn't generate land and it creates new guest worlds and deletes old ones every day. Things needed to be disabled would be redstone, tnt, spawn eggs, potions, eggs, boats, minecarts for lower ranks,  cactus growth, melon growth, pumpkin growth, wheat drops, seed drops, items being able to be dropped from anything(even players) , disable water/lava for guests, give water to recruits, give tp and lava to builders.

Yeah maybe it's not going to be so easy, but it can be done.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:34:13 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Classic World
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 01:59:19 am »
How about we make a creative beta server and transfer donated worlds over to the creative server. What we would need is limited world space, like classic worlds, where is doesn't generate land and it creates new guest worlds and deletes old ones every day. Things needed to be disabled would be redstone, tnt, spawn eggs, potions, eggs, boats, minecarts for lower ranks,  cactus growth, melon growth, pumpkin growth, wheat drops, seed drops, items being able to be dropped from anything(even players) , disable water/lava for guests, give water to recruits, give tp and lava to builders.

Yeah maybe it's not going to be so easy, but it can be done.
That wasn't my point, my point was that I wouldn't go on SMP at all because I don't have full Minecraft and have no intention of buying it.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 02:54:09 am »
I never said we were giving up on it. We are just not focused on it anymore and that will not change in the future.

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 06:55:52 pm »
I never said we were giving up on it. We are just not focused on it anymore and that will not change in the future.
That's two ways of saying the same thing.  If you do not change the current level of attention you give Classic, then you have given up on it already.  Seeing as you give Classic zero attention right now, going so far as to leave several people's applications just sitting there, when some of them haven't been on in ages, while other such as myself still attach a bit of importance to that.

TL;DR: you give Classic 0 attention now + no more in the future = You HAVE given up on it.
All your mine are belong to me.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Classic World
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 07:12:41 pm »
That's two ways of saying the same thing.  If you do not change the current level of attention you give Classic, then you have given up on it already.  Seeing as you give Classic zero attention right now, going so far as to leave several people's applications just sitting there, when some of them haven't been on in ages, while other such as myself still attach a bit of importance to that.

TL;DR: you give Classic 0 attention now + no more in the future = You HAVE given up on it.
Oh I dont give classic any attention? I guess ill stop making news worlds. Thanks for letting me know.