April 28, 2024, 07:50:30 pm

Author Topic: Operator- Clawstrider (The return)  (Read 5853 times)

Cyan of the Griffins

• View Profile
Re: Operator- Clawstrider (The return)
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 07:25:15 pm »
Supported; really fun and friendy, he'd be a great OP.
FYI guys, I am not ignoring these apps, I am just not making decisions on them since we have no guests.
Even the few guests we usually get need someone to mod their behaviour, although I agree we don't have enough to dish out OP rank on a golden platter.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 09:50:54 am »
Thanks again, everyone ;)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 10:58:47 am »
Do you really think you're Operator quality considering your past and present actions on the SMP server?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 11:01:24 am »
Do you really think you're Operator quality considering your past and present actions on the SMP server?

I think I can be mature if needed, as shown by the last time I opped. As to getting banned today, I still believe that the ban was an unjust one, as said in my ban appeal. If you wish ask me anything about it, or anything else, feel free to pm me.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 12:20:42 pm »
I think I can be mature if needed, as shown by the last time I opped.
'If needed'? You see, you need to show maturity all the time. You can't just wear it like a hat and only put it on whenever you feel like. I'm not trying to start an argument here or anything, I'm just saying maybe you should take a look at this position a little more.

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 01:08:08 pm »
He's been banned on smp a well...

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 01:09:11 pm »
Supported! Hope you make the right decisions.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 04:13:08 pm »
I do agree with deekay that past actions on SMP should not allow him to go for staff (on the smp server). However, I once remember s a staff member (cant remember who) saying that classic and smp are 2 different servers and you cannot make any decisions based on actions on the other server. For example, you cannot demote someone from the Crafter/OP rank on classic because of a ban on smp (both entorely different and unrelated servers except in their name). Therefore, as long as he doesn't cause havoc on classic, he should be allowed to apply for OP without consequences from actions on the smp server.

^I'm writing all this based on opinion of words I thought I heard from a staff member. Please feel free to correct me if the above is not correct (the part about classic and smp being 2 different servers).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:23:25 pm by DJAlphaWolf »

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2012, 04:27:12 pm »
I think I can be mature if needed, as shown by the last time I opped.
'If needed'? You see, you need to show maturity all the time. You can't just wear it like a hat and only put it on whenever you feel like. I'm not trying to start an argument here or anything, I'm just saying maybe you should take a look at this position a little more.

Trust me, I thought about it a lot. Someone suggest that I should re-apply, and for several weeks, I had decided not to, until I started to see guests with only Monkey to help them.

As to the maturity issue, I can, and will, wear it like a hat. When I'm hanging around with friends, and there is nobody to operate, I don't see why I have to be as mature as when I am helping guests out with grief. I do understand your point, but there is a difference between messing around when nobody needs you, and actively being immature, and rejecting guests who need you.

I do agree with deekay that past actions on SMP should not allow him to go for staff (on the smp server).

As I said to alicia, in my pm, I still do not understand what past actions there are, which are really that serious. On classic, yes, I once griefed a grief trap (On my first day), which seems to me, to be more serious than the only 2 bans I can see on my BanLookUp (On the website), which are talking about Medu's demotion, and my part in it, and thereby disrespecting her, and the other ban, for going into someone's house. Again, I do see your point but I feel that some people are blowing it up just a little bit (Quotes from my ban appeal include: That I enjoy causing havoc (I don't grief, nor kill animals, nor anything like that, which could be defined as Havoc), dislike the server (I've been active for over a year, I think its clear that I enjoy it) and that I just like to make trouble (While this is the most "valid", I don't think I would have guarded Classic from griefers for so long if I just wanted to make trouble).

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2012, 04:43:16 pm »
As to the maturity issue, I can, and will, wear it like a hat. When I'm hanging around with friends, and there is nobody to operate, I don't see why I have to be as mature as when I am helping guests out with grief. I do understand your point, but there is a difference between messing around when nobody needs you, and actively being immature, and rejecting guests who need you.
You can joke around in a mature way, you just need the maturity to know how.

---><--- Click the monkey

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2012, 04:48:30 pm »
@DJAlphaWolf @clawstrider
Alright, just remember although SMP and Classic are two different servers, a ban on one can still affect your overall status on both the servers. Because although they are different, they are still apart of the same community we call Opticraft. And I'm pretty sure Nick/Relkeb would look at your history on both servers when making a decision on an app like this.

Anyway I've said enough here, good luck anyway.  

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2012, 05:26:06 pm »
@DJAlphaWolf @clawstrider
Alright, just remember although SMP and Classic are two different servers, a ban on one can still affect your overall status on both the servers. Because although they are different, they are still apart of the same community we call Opticraft. And I'm pretty sure Nick/Relkeb would look at your history on both servers when making a decision on an app like this.

Anyway I've said enough here, good luck anyway. 

Agreed, thanks for your advice (Same with Mr and Dj, and all others)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 01:04:55 am »
Unfortunately, Rejected
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident