March 29, 2024, 05:37:04 am

Author Topic: Thermoflux22 Builder Application  (Read 1115 times)

thethermoflux22

• I don't like my username anymore...
    • View Profile
Thermoflux22 Builder Application
« on: August 17, 2012, 11:53:16 am »
Ingame name: Thermoflux22.

Briefly describe all your creations:
 The first build I have done is a group of six towers and a 3-leveled maze. I have called this complex the Opticraft Trade Center, or OTC for short. All the towers have between 20 and 24 floors, and the OTC1 (closest to the spawn zone) has the outer walls in a rainbow color.
 My second build consists of four of the five platonic solids being built inside each other. The dodecahedron with pentagonal faces is on the outside, with yellow faces and purple edges. The isocahedron with triangular faces is inside the dodecahedron, with blue edges and orange sides. The cube (at a 45 degree angle) is inside this, with red sides and green edges. The the octahedron is the innermost, with pink sides and turquoise edges. There is some lava and water in the center of the whole build.
 My final build is beside the second. It is mostly abstract, the walls made my having a circle at the bottom slowly having one of it's axes being shortened on the way up, turning into a line at the top. Ellipses are in-between. There are entrances in either side, with two lava-water tetrahedrons inside, separated by a central lava column and a wall of tnt-water. Not even I know exactly what it is meant for :P.

What worlds are the creations on:
The first build is left of spawn in Recruit52, the second and third build in Guest257. at the back-right of the world.

Links to screenshots of the creation:
First Build: http://imgur.com/a/oL4bj

Second and Third Build: http://imgur.com/JlbNA,52rUN

Names of players who helped contribute: MrMonkey91 helped in showing me generally how to get the polyhedrons done, which I learnt from how to get them done myself. Gavin1928374655 also helped in putting a bedrock block in the center of the second build, which enable me to do all the polyhedrons correctly. Thanks to both!

What is your current rank in Opticraft ?: Recruit.

Extra (Anything else you want to mention): The second build requires No Clip to get inside the polyhedrons, as there is no entrance designed in them (you need WOM to get in basically).

Do you agree with our terms ?: Yes.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
Re: Thermoflux22 Builder Application
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 11:57:57 am »
Your first towers are nice but somewhat boxy and squarish, your newer builds use lots of shapes and are very unique. I really like your second and third build though. You use lots of good shapes and interesting details in the interior and you have great potential, i am going to say build one more amazing build and re-apply. Rejected for now.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
Re: Thermoflux22 Builder Application
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 11:58:29 am »
These are nice builds but I feel they lack detail,

you have got nice shapes going on and the polyhedron is really good. It would be much better if you could put items inside the buildings and it would be really good too see more builds.

Rejected

-gavin got to it before me.