March 28, 2024, 10:31:24 am

Author Topic: Ry_an_C- Operator  (Read 4049 times)

ry_an_c

Ry_an_C- Operator
« on: August 11, 2012, 04:36:45 pm »
Name: Ry_an_C
Timezone: EST
Forum Join date: June 2, 2012
Current rank: Recruit
Reason for application: One day, i decided to try Minecraft. I went to classic, and looked through the server list. "Official Opticraft Dev. Server" popped out to me considering it had 200+ players on at the time. I clicked the link and landed in this spectacular server. I built a box house, asked for rank, and Hammondsben turned me down. I quit. Then while being bored, i gave this server another shot. I built a house, but Unholy_Gibbon said it had a nice shape but no detail. He said if i added a bit more detail, and proved i could work with curves, i could get Recruit. I tried making a dome, but had an EPIC FAIL! But Gibbon kept trying to help me :D. Also Turtleman also tried to help me, but had to leave. A few attempts later ( With the help and guidance of Alpha Lance, Blokey, and Gavin) I had a good dome shaped house with detail and many other rooms of different shapes. Spamarian came along and said, i got it. Ever since, i have been devoted to Opticraft (except for half of July, due to a camp.). I enjoyed the community here, especially the patience of the ops. I'm not going to go into the problem with the lack of operators due to how many other applications say the same thing. I love it here but am upset with how i cant kick or ban some misbehaving, rule-breaking guests. I also love helping the guests and members by reviewing their builds or handing out water and lava.

Why you should become an operator: Recently, i have lost the thrill in building, as it has seem to become a chore to me. The reason i stay is the community ( I am trying to finish my huge build because i'm not a quitter, no mater how long it takes. A main reason it isn't finished is because I've been helping guests.) Some people judge maturity based on age, but please don't. I believe I'm very mature for my age but that is to be decided by others. I admit i sometimes get pissed off but not often. I love the community here and am always either in-game, on IRC, or on the forums. I'll do my best to be a nice, patient, fun, operator like those who helped me when i first started.
Have you been temp-op before?:Not yet!
Extra information: Yes i got permission from Relkeb. I'm not asking for immediate acceptance as an op, but a trial as one.  
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:41:10 pm by ry_an_c »

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
Re: Ry_an_C- Operator
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 04:08:21 am »
Good luck with this. I can't say you have a good chance of getting it, since DJ's been here forever and his was going to be rejected. I don't know you enough to support you, but good luck anyways.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 04:10:03 am »
Wyboth... dont be an ass. Good luck ryan
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 04:17:40 am »
How is that being an ass? I'm just saying from past history of recruits applying for operator that his chances are very slim, and that I can't support him because I don't know him well enough. And I even told him good luck!

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 04:44:52 am »
Well usually people with better grammar in their posts are more mature. Ryan has fairly good grammar. A few mistakes, but at least it doesn't look like:

Helo guyz, can haz op in classik servr???

Of course that's an exaggeration, but that's similar to what a lot of the immature players would type in the forums of a HL2RP server that I'm a root admin of. People posting ban requests, or ban appeals would type to the point where I couldn't read some of the text. Meanwhile the people I saw were mature would have very good grammar, and the tone of their typing seemed to be more calm.

This person has a few grammatical errors as I am sure this post does as well, but nobody is perfect. As for the tone I get when I read Ryan's post, calm. I don't know you, Ryan, but you do seem to me like a mature person for your age. I support this.

Best griefer name ^

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 09:43:07 am »
How is that being an ass? I'm just saying from past history of recruits applying for operator that his chances are very slim, and that I can't support him because I don't know him well enough. And I even told him good luck!

Past history? Lol.
There's only been one other recruit (recently) applying for Op and only one that you even mentioned who also wasn't rejected.

So, I don't think you really know what chances he truly has.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 10:27:34 am »
Even though i have seen some immaturity from ryan (with the whole builder incident) I am going to support this, Good luck ryan. Supported!

ry_an_c

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 12:57:43 pm »
Gavin, i admit, i was being an immature brat that day. I was letting other things that happened that day get me mad after they happened, and took it out on you. Sorry about that. Igen, Wyboth wasn't being an ass, but ill let you stick with your definition of it.  :P

Victor1261

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 02:26:05 pm »
Deleted all posts that were offtopic.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 03:47:43 pm »
Good luck with this. I can't say you have a good chance of getting it, since DJ's been here forever and his was going to be rejected. I don't know you enough to support you, but good luck anyways.
I was gonna be rejected? Hmm I didn't know that. All I saw from Nick was that he still hasn't made any decision whatsoever because I told him to ignore my app in July (I didn't think I'd get much game time then). I honestly don't know where you got your theory from. -.-

But anyways good luck Ryan. You are a mature one for your age, and I'd like to see you as temp first (so I can see how you handle yourself). Otherwise, I have great faith in you. Supported.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:51:59 pm by DJAlphaWolf »

ry_an_c

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 10:36:47 pm »
thanks for the support!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

and as i promised zeldalove1998x, YOU ARE AWESOME
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:02:31 am by ry_an_c »

R2J

• You can't have all this! Well...just a little bit!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 11:53:10 pm »
Definitely supported dude.  ;) 

Owlgirl66

• Muah
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 01:09:00 am »
Idk If I supported but I SUPPORT YOU!! :D

ry_an_c

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 01:27:46 am »
Owl, of course your supported!

mgfrake

• Love is the best thing you can have - Make it last
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 01:33:03 am »
Well Ryan, you're a good guy, kind and fun. Hope you get it and would like to see how you do as an Operator. Good luck and supported.

12 and single and ready to mingle! changed didn't it ;)
don't click this link... Unless you wanna see a sexy model. You only have one family. Don't make a bad choice.