March 28, 2024, 01:36:12 pm

Author Topic: Removing the new plugin.  (Read 9287 times)

tiggy26668

• View Profile
Re: Removing the new plugin.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 08:20:59 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Ok well given what i was talking about the mobs would have a good 5 mins or more to move around between /homes and regroup so according to what you said my sheep would pretty much get owned.

so if i'm correct in my thinking from what you've said 4 sheep can survive in a 4x4 enclosure without problems, and assuming lets say a 1 block path between enclosures (2 for each enclosure outer fence 1 for a path) i can keep them in a grid of 4x4 pens with a 1 block path between each without complications?

ie: g = grass f = fence p = path
(click to show/hide)

please, correct me if i'm wrong
also how are different colored sheep considered for throttling? given that different colors have the extra :# on their codes, do they get considered individually for the "kill all but 4 of mob type"? or do the red sheep go down with the blue?
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 08:56:01 pm »
differently colored sheep are all considered "sheep" and will be throttled accordingly.

so if i'm correct in my thinking from what you've said 4 sheep can survive in a 4x4 enclosure without problems,

while true, the logic does not quite work like that. all you have to know:

a single sheep cannot have more than 5 other sheep within 2 blocks of it. 6 sheep is the magic number here.

i believe this is the maximum possible efficiency for keeping mobs in a tight area:

(click to show/hide)

where each compartment has 6 cows in it. this guarantees that each cow only has 5 other cows within 2 blocks of it (a diameter of 4 blocks) at any given time. if i were to place an additional cow in one compartment, one cow from that compartment would be deleted upon the slaughter. if i were to place one cow in each compartment, one cow from each compartment would be slaughtered.

obviously this is NOT how you should store your animals, as preventing animals from stacking like this is the whole goal of the plugin.

i will not provide input on your proposed design; i'll leave you to figure out how you want to store your sheep now that i've hopefully cleared up how it works.

YangusTheGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 08:57:24 pm »
So do we get refunded of animals/NPC's that we lost if we didn't know how to avoid them getting killed?
Because now I only have 1 NPC left, and he can't really start again on his own...

I personally like the plugin, my villagers roam freely so I haven't seen a drop in numbers, and yesterday I seen 4 slimes. Thats more than I've seen in 2 months lol

I agree about the slimes :)

But most people don't have the money for extensive amounts of PS to make a protected building around them for them to roam freely (well at least I don't) so they don't get killed by other players.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 09:01:51 pm »
differently colored sheep are all considered "sheep" and will be throttled accordingly.

so if i'm correct in my thinking from what you've said 4 sheep can survive in a 4x4 enclosure without problems,

while true, the logic does not quite work like that. all you have to know:

a single sheep cannot have more than 5 other sheep within 2 blocks of it. 6 sheep is the magic number here.

i believe this is the maximum possible efficiency for keeping mobs in a tight area:

(click to show/hide)

where each compartment has 6 cows in it. this guarantees that each cow only has 5 other cows within 2 blocks of it (a diameter of 4 blocks) at any given time. if i were to place an additional cow in one compartment, one cow from that compartment would be deleted upon the slaughter. if i were to place one cow in each compartment, one cow from each compartment would be slaughtered.

obviously this is NOT how you should store your animals, as preventing animals from stacking like this is the whole goal of the plugin.

i will not provide input on your proposed design; i'll leave you to figure out how you want to store your sheep now that i've hopefully cleared up how it works.

ok well thanks for all the info it definitely helped, i'll have to toy with some designs when i get back on smp and find one that works for me
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

YangusTheGreat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 09:27:34 pm »
ie: g = grass f = fence p = path
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This would work on paper, but the reality is, sheep don't all spread out evenly on the blocks they have;
What if all 4 sheep gather in one corner, and a couple of sheep from the other pen walks towards them? It sounds like the chances are slim but it does happen.

I mean what you are asking us to do is a bit mad, sort 20 chickens (well probably only 1 or 2 now) all into separate rooms where there can only be 4 other chickens. That would be mayhem!

Doing the same thing with NPC's would also be very difficult, having to make minecart tracks everywhere without the others escaping or glitching out.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 09:39:14 pm »
I'd also like to make mention on the topic of NPC's that people should know when you have villagers you have a chance to have a zombie attack, and the chance is pretty high.  I've gone through 3 of them so far on my island.  The gangs will spawn outside, and if there is enough room, even inside buildings.  They do a lot of damage and will kill ALL of the NPC's if you don't have any iron golems wandering around.

Unless you're absolutely sure your NPC's are being killed by the plugin I wouldn't be too quick to blame it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:49:42 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 10:44:20 pm »
I am sure the plugin is what kills them. You see there is a glitch in the game that makes every villager want to group together into the same house at night. So I could have 10 villagers in my village spread out (10 being not many for an island like mine), but at night they could all end up going into the same house (which they do). That is when the plugin decides to kill them off.

If you're gonna keep the plugin at least keep it from removing villagers. The plugin as I recall was designed to keep players from AFKing at a spawner causing a huge buildup of mobs. Plus the villager thing isn't a big issue. Not many people have villages, and the population of those villages aren't overdone. IDK how to get my (few) villagers to be more spread out.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:07:30 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

NatanylJames (N8MATTHEWS)

• The Koreannn
  • [Founder of Marine City]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 06:18:37 pm »
I am sure the plugin is what kills them. You see there is a glitch in the game that makes every villager want to group together into the same house at night. So I could have 10 villagers in my village spread out (10 being not many for an island like mine), but at night they could all end up going into the same house (which they do). That is when the plugin decides to kill them off.

If you're gonna keep the plugin at least keep it from removing villagers. The plugin as I recall was designed to keep players from AFKing at a spawner causing a huge buildup of mobs. Plus the villager thing isn't a big issue. Not many people have villages, and the population of those villages aren't overdone. IDK how to get my (few) villagers to be more spread out.

Agreed
I'm Back BABY!

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 06:37:37 pm »

This plugin was made by opti with 2 things in mind, stop those ridiculous chicken farms, and to stop those ridiculous villager farms. Throttling mob spawners was just a bonus.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Victor1261

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 07:41:56 pm »
I believe that this plugin should be kept on the facts of

1) Ridiculous amounts of NPC's and chickens
2) Less iron golem farming (less NPC's = less iron golems)

You don't need hundreds of villagers to trade with, 10 would be fine with me. Just keep the villagers separated from each other and in secure locations. Also, you don't need hundreds of chickens either. Just keep 64 of them so you can get almost a stack of chicken every harvest, you're not going to run out of food that fast, trust me.

Sir_Toby_7

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 10:46:06 pm »
so... what would be the best way to keep about 20 chickens alive?

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 12:04:08 am »
so... what would be the best way to keep about 20 chickens alive?

keep them spread out as best you can.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 12:22:37 am »
I believe that this plugin should be kept on the facts of

1) Ridiculous amounts of NPC's and chickens
2) Less iron golem farming (less NPC's = less iron golems)

You don't need hundreds of villagers to trade with, 10 would be fine with me. Just keep the villagers separated from each other and in secure locations. Also, you don't need hundreds of chickens either. Just keep 64 of them so you can get almost a stack of chicken every harvest, you're not going to run out of food that fast, trust me.

I totally agree. Actually I think 64 chickens would be a little bit of an overkill. 20-32 would be fine.

The thing about villagers is I would like to have a medium number for decoration. I want a city or town with villagers roaming. Now my island is large enough to support around 75 total villagers spread throughout, but I plan on keeping the cap (number of total doors) to sustain 30 villagers over the entire island. The issue however is that villagers don't seem to like being spread out. I had 20 or so in a chunk about 1/3 the total island size which is still a decent amount of space. The problem is the villagers naturally wanting to group together into the same house. Now I have in the range of 8-10 villagers in that same area and I am already seeing 4 or so villagers taking refuge in a single house in many cases. Also this morning I had a medium number of villagers, and a couple hours later I revisit my village to find all my villagers besides the emergency villagers I had stowed away to be dead. That may have been a player, but I also am paranoid about the plugin doing that as well.

Really I am against people making crazy villages, and hording 100 villagers. I'm more for 20 or 30, but in a much more spread out area such as my island (while attempting to keep them spread out, and hopefully not crowd). I also like the suicide pit idea to help keep villagers fresh with trading so long as not too many villagers at a time fall in. Hopefully I can find a way to make them no cluster so much. One thing I am going to do is remove my "villager hotels" which are 5 by 5 by 4 units with 22 doors in them. This will reduce population, and I think they tend to cluster together more inside areas with large numbers of doors, but if not then I will hope for Jeb to fix that glitch. Meanwhile I would appreciate it if the plugin didn't despawn friendly mobs, or even more specifically, villagers. Perhaps there could be some sort of manual enforcement with villages to have village owners reduce their population and number of doors. I think that would be a better approach. As for mob spawners, enemy mobs, and perhaps even friendly mobs that aren't villagers, I think the plugin works great for capping these and letting more of the other mobs such as slimes spawn (although my slime area has yet to spawn another slime, yet).

Best griefer name ^

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 06:48:40 am »
At night all villagers try to get into a house, but as they don't have the best AI's a large portion try to get into the same room. This causes say 20 villagers in a 5x5x3 area. So when the player teleports to their village the villagers get throttled.

Already said that, :P