April 28, 2024, 09:22:24 pm

Author Topic: Project/City Protection - The Dark Isles & Club Dark  (Read 22190 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Project Protection - The Dark Isles & Club Dark
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2012, 07:23:47 am »
Thanks everyone!... Now I know what you're all expecting, and I'm expecially happy to bring this to you today.  Its an...

UPDATE:

Ok!  So with a lot of help there was quite a bit of work done today!  Thanks so much for everyone who came over and volunteered their time!  I'll definately be putting all of your names on a "contributors" list in-game once the main hall is built.  There's so much that changed today I actually have to show a series of pictures, with descriptions, so here goes;

The work today started here, with the removal of a large hill that was blocking the southern end of the bridge.  Once the hill was removed the road was put in.  Then work started on a second hill, which was lowered quite a bit and leveled to form a house platform, complete with a wishing well.

The work then moved on to leveling and shaping the largest mountain on the island.  This took a very long bit of work, but with the help of 85USMC94 it was completed in just over an hour.  Plans now are to cover the top of the hill with some kind of temple.  Cora is currently coming up with a design idea.

Next came the clearing of a large forest area.  Thankfully there wasn't much of a terrain difference here, it was just a lot of brush clearing that TheOne7142 was more than happy to assist with.

With the help of TheWholeLoaf and TheRealFamous we ripped down one heck of a hill in this area.  You would never believe it was the same area if before and after pictures were placed side by side.  They also helped with the installation of the roadway.  There will eventually be a bridge over the river, on the left side of the picture, but I didn't feel like building that specific bridge tonight.

Instead, I built this elevated bridge so I wouldn't forget what my intent was with this area...  Shhhh, I'm not giving away the secret quite yet!   Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:25:59 am by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2012, 09:24:20 pm »
Yay me and everyone else! XD cant wait to see the next update! I wanna have a dance party at club dark soon! Woooo!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 06:27:20 pm »
Yay me and everyone else! XD cant wait to see the next update! I wanna have a dance party at club dark soon! Woooo!

That should be starting next Wednesday...  10PM EST (New York Time)
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 07:23:57 pm »
Thanks to TheOne7142 for doing more clearing last night while I was doing my radio show.  Great job bud!

UPDATE:

Well, I wasn't really in-game yesterday due to working on the radio show but, as mentioned, stuff got done anyway!  So here's an update from the LIVE MAP.  It's getting hard to take screenshots in game and show everything that changed.  haha!

Special note, I've highlighted the corner posts for the person who's gonna do the protection.   ;)

- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 06:06:38 pm »
Yup, here we go again!

UPDATE:

Construction has officially begun!  Thanks to 85USMC94 and KillAndSurf the last hill on the island was cut to size and prepared for building.  We put in a staircase, the roadway, and even a little hidden vine cave behind a waterfall.

Once the island terraforming was completed I got to work on the most important building, my mansion!  Hahaha!!  With any luck the construction of this one will be done tonight and I can move on to the other buildings.

*** Updated the list of contributors.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:08:49 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 10:31:09 pm »
Like the mansion so far, i like designing buildings, so i wouldn't mind building anything if you want.
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »
Like the mansion so far, i like designing buildings, so i wouldn't mind building anything if you want.

I might actually have a few people build some structures if they want to.  I want to make it very "village" like, so I'm gonna need utility structures like a small public library, country diner, etc.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 11:27:55 pm »
I have tons of bookshelves. I could help with the library :D also, yay! He called me bud! XD

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 11:32:51 pm »
I have tons of bookshelves. I could help with the library :D also, yay! He called me bud! XD

Haha!  Hey... I just noticed a little island that didn't get cleared, if you're bored.

http://smp.opticraft.net/map/#/-711/64/977/max/1/0

Ya don't have to, just if you're lookin for something to do.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
Re: Project/City Protection - The Dark Isles & Club Dark
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 03:03:15 am »
On my way sir, but I have to find it first XD

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 07:28:56 am »
Here we go again!

UPDATE:

Well, thanks to TheOne7142 and KillAndSurf the last remaining island (origionally missed) got cleared tonight.  I also, despite everyone and their mother trying to drag me away, got quite a bit accomplished.

The Mansion:  I ended up finishing the roof of the mansion, and putting in all the floors including the attic.  The main floor still has some walls to go in, but the second floor is complete as far as the actual walls go.  All that's basically left to do is install a few more dividing walls on the first floor and then decorate it up.

The Sword:  Thanks to Trodden, aka the God of Iron and Gold, the sword got a big donation of gold and iron blocks.

The Library:  I started work on the village's Public Library tonight and I actually almost got it 100% complete.  There's a few more decorating details to do and it'll be done.

What?  You want a picture?  Well, alright here's the library....

If you look on the right side of the picture you can also see the small island that TheOne7142 and KillAndSurf cleared tonight.  Not sure what I'm gonna put on it yet.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:32:08 am by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Fadmad

• TRUSTED AGAIN
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 12:02:06 pm »
Go viper go, go viper go  ;D
TRUSTED AGAIN!

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 03:36:44 pm »
I wanna clear more stuff :( jk XD this is awesome, I must become a member of the club immediately! XD

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 05:39:12 pm »
I think you guys cleared everything that there was to clear... *LOL*
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

KillAndSurf

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2012, 01:05:21 am »
Awww no more clearing land  :'( :'(. Well just msg me in game if you need help building  :D :D.