April 19, 2024, 04:43:52 pm

Author Topic: Summer Camp  (Read 9290 times)

Victor1261

Re: Summer Camp
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 12:39:09 am »
Fourth day of camp and we got to go to the planetarium today! We got to see an amazing movie/presentation about space and particle smashing. We also learned about the Higg's particle which was pretty cool. Anyways, see you guys soon!

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 03:40:09 pm »
Fourth day of camp and we got to go to the planetarium today! We got to see an amazing movie/presentation about space and particle smashing. We also learned about the Higg's particle which was pretty cool. Anyways, see you guys soon!
That sounds neat! You should have come to our Planetarium, you could have met me. :P

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Victor1261

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 12:36:12 am »
Alright, I didn't have access to the cpu for a while, so I thought I would post about the last few days.

Fifth Day (Thursday): We had a big study hour today, as a lot of people weren't finishing their homework. I was though. We had planned to go swimming again, but it wouldn't matter, since I had gotten a ton of homework from my classes, and planned to bring it to the pool anyways.

Sixth Day (Friday): We tye dye'd our shirts for color group challenges today! Unfortunately, I got a few drops of dye on my pants  :P

Seventh Day (Saturday): Best day yet! The survivor challenges and color group challenges were TONS of fun! We also had a dance which blew away all of our expectations! We had planned to have all the boys sit in a corner and play cards, but then we realized that wasn't going to happen  :P. Anyways, best day ever! BTW: Lights out was at midnight  ::)

Eighth Day (Sunday/Today): Went to the aquatic center today. It was off campus so we got on a bus there. It had more stuff then our pool (e.g. Slides) and all of our camp, boys and girls, all got together in one area of the pool and talked. Overall, it was pretty fun. (We also got to sleep in today! I woke up at 9:00 instead of my normal 7:00).

Anyways, those are the current updates! I'll be seeing you guys in about a week!

Victor1261

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 09:06:23 pm »
I am proud to announce that I am officially 13 as of today! (July 28th) I have also returned from camp, which means I will now be active on the classic server. Here is the log for the last days of camp. This is pretty much just an outline of the important things.

Monday: We had to back to classes today, which was annoying. However, I managed to finish most of my homework in class which made everything a TON of a lot easier. We also had a college night, in which they tried to get you to think about college.

Tuesday: We went to the pool, but I didn't feel like swimming, so I just played cards with some of the others that decided not to swim.

Wednesday: We won the trebuchet contest in engineering, which was awesome! We also went to the campus book store, but everything was overpriced so I just bought a can of Arizona fruit punch.

Thursday: We got a choice of which lab to go back to in physics today which was pretty awesome! We also learned about resonant frequency in engineering today, and we made our own metal pianos. I was also chosen to do the speech on physics to represent the class at the closing ceremony so I started working on that. I also went to the computer labs instead of the pool today since I didn't feel like swimming. I managed to get on classic on Opticraft as some might have noticed.

Friday: Best day yet! I presented my presentation that we had been working on throughout the week in physics today. I was on black holes. It went much better then some other people's :P. We programmed an actual robot today to do a certain task in engineering. It was a lot of fun! I won't go into specifics but our team won! We finalized some of our great writings in creative writing today which made us look awesome! We also watched an epic talent show along with doing our annual rap battle. Surprisingly, red group (the group I'm in) won! We did a rap about the cafeteria having too much "Nopinks" and the likes. It went really well! Red group started out horrible (last place multiple times on many challenges) but we made an amazing comeback after the field games on Saturday, and we finished in 2nd place overall (12 points behind first with 157 (first had 169 points)). Green team was first, so they got a night trip to seven-eleven, in which the R/A's paid for up-to a medium sized slurpie! They also allowed us to have slumber parties, but I stayed in my own room, which turned out to be awesome, since my roommate went to a slumber party so I got to have the whole room to myself!
Anyways, an awesome last full day of camp! P.S. They also celebrated Marvin's birthday (7/26), my birthday (7/28), and Zac's birthday (7/28, same as mine) today, with cake!

Saturday/Today: We woke up, got some contact info from our friends, ate breakfast, and started to move out. After that, we took our parents to look at our work throughout the last 2 weeks. Then we had the closing ceremony. The showed an awesome slideshow of camp and then came the speeches. Rohan (my speech partner) and my speech went pretty well! We then did some closing remarks, had everyone get in color groups for one last time (I got a "It's my B-Day!" pin from our groups R/A which was pretty cool), then of course, had everyone dance to the Interlude. (We danced to that song multiple times throughout the camp including at the actual dance!) It was fun. Then we said our final goodbyes, and did some group hugs, then left camp.

My experience at camp was great, and I hope to attend another camp just like that one next summer!

5OO

• #1 Voter August 2012
  • #1 Voter Sept 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 05:52:19 am »
Sounds like you had a lot of fun :) happy birthday Victor.

Victor1261

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2012, 04:25:40 pm »
Sounds like you had a lot of fun :) happy birthday Victor.

Thanks!

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2012, 06:53:16 pm »
Happy B-DAY Victor!
You make choices in life and you don't look back