March 28, 2024, 11:53:08 am

Author Topic: Operator Application - Kurseddragon  (Read 5649 times)

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
Operator Application - Kurseddragon
« on: July 10, 2012, 09:48:27 pm »
Name: Kurseddragon
Timezone: GMT -10
Forum Join date: December 26, 2011
Current rank: Builder

Reason for application: I believe I can be beneficial to the server if I became an Operator. I tried helping all I could with whatever I was capable of doing, but as a builder, there's not much for me to do. I'd like to be able to help more.

Also, I believe there are a few Operators who I personally don't think should be Operators.. Lately, (especially these last few days) there have been very few Ops on. Including some of the most active ones. I consider myself pretty active comparatively speaking.

Why you should become an operator: Firstly, I'm one of the few people on the server who actually type in proper English. Secondly, though I do have an immature side, I can definitely be mature when necessary, which would be most, if not, all the time as an Operator. I spend most of my days doing activities that revolve around this server. Whether it's actually playing in game, trying to connect to IRC, reading the forum, or making countless banners. I've gone around reviewing builds so I have a good understanding of whether or not to rank a player up. I honestly have no desire in building anymore, so my full attention would be in helping the server. Really, the only reason I'm here is for the friends and to help out, that's honestly all I want to do. I have enough patience to withstand the constant questions by the guests and members and even recruits and builders. I actually enjoy that kind of attention even though it can get really irritating. I won't hesitate to ban players for breaking rules even if I believe they're truly sorry about it. I'll simply tell them to just appeal on the forum.

Lately, I have been more active on the forum as well as in game and have been focusing on being more mature (not to say I've completely changed specifically for this purpose, I still joke around quite a bit, but focus more on what I say) and also reduced my cussing considerably, possibly even completely (unless repeating what someone else said for emphasis). Also, about two days ago, I was able to find around five griefers as well as two inappropriate builds within approximately two minutes for Xeadin to ban. You can go ahead and ask him. Also, for the short time Victor1261 was on, I was able to help him find a griefer or two before he had to leave. I've been following griefers around trying to strategically lure them into a grief trap without bluntly telling them to go attack one. I've been constantly asking if anyone needs help, even more so than before and giving more advice when reviewing builds. I've also been paying more attention to guests chats as well. And I've been /destroytower-ing a few 1x1's in the guest world to clean it up a bit.

Have you been temp-op before?: No.

Extra information: I know I said I was leaving once, but I never did. It just shows how much I love this place and can't leave even if I tried, so you know I'm here for the server if I was an Operator. As stated before, I'm only on this server to help and make friends, I just want to contribute as much as I can. Also, I don't cuss in real life, so if it'd be a good idea for me to stop, I can easily do that.

I've been balancing my homework and Minecraft lately too, so I may have more time to play than I originally assumed (if anything, I'll take a short break to strictly focus on homework to get most of it done just so I can have more play-time as an Operator).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:44:17 am by Kurseddragon »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
Re: Operator Application - Kurseddragon
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:11:34 pm »
Kursed is a great guy and he is always helping people. I fully support you for op. Good luck!

That1Gie

• Just your average gie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 10:12:36 pm »
Usually logged in, friendly guy, and mature player. Seems like he is here to stay.

Supported.

(click to show/hide)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 05:30:42 am »
Very active, mature and helpful. I support him.

Good luck.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 07:46:29 am »
I feel you are a good person, but don't always look at the whole picture, or listen to what others have to say fully. I feel this could become a problem when or if you become an operator and the issue arises when you have a conflict. Such as two people disagreeing or someone disliking you or making jabs at the staff, and "I won't hesitate to ban players for breaking rules even if I believe they're truly sorry about it. I'll simply tell them to just appeal on the forum." It makes you sound that your decision is already made up about them, "even if I believe they're truly sorry about it." That makes me believe that in the ban appeal process you will not ever Unban a person. Also I have noticed that you can become a very dark and mean person on one day, and the next time I see you are being a kind and helpful person. Everyone has these characteristics but some it shines through a little brighter. And finally with the negative things, from the few experiences I have had with you, you insulted me and were acting childish, immature, and emotional, could have been a one time thing, but you broadcasted it to the entire forum.

People Change
:
From what I saw of you today, you are being mature and respectful of all people

Good luck and I have high hopes for you in our community!

(click to show/hide)
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 08:22:48 am »
not supported
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 08:30:35 am »
not supported

Am I allowed to request a reason?

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 08:56:37 am »
Trolling is overboard far too often, merciless in your predetermined decisions about bans on players. Your application suggests you look down on players below your own rank. A tolerance to them seems more accurate so to speak.

You said you have no interest in building anymore, that opinion may or will most likely change in time if you do become an Op as handling griefers, spammers, vulgar builders, tends to drain Ops and the game does not become very fun minus the communication with friends in game and the urge to build down the road.

While you are here for friends and to help out, there is plenty a Builder rank can do to help out already. It's a choice between building, socializing, and helping others. While Ops prioritizes on helping players when logging on; before a good conversation can be had and only on slow low number days can we have some time to build anything.

As I said before, your trolling is overboard, but some topics that you include yourself in tend to turn into something extremely vulgar and you have a knack for encouraging it to become worse.

You'll want to clean up your act and lighten up on the trolling, may want to think about your values and consider your responsibilities if you do become an Operator as well. I don't believe you are ready for Op yet.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:59:32 am by Alpha_Lance »
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 09:19:04 am »
Trolling is overboard far too often, merciless in your predetermined decisions about bans on players. Your application suggests you look down on players below your own rank. A tolerance to them seems more accurate so to speak.

You said you have no interest in building anymore, that opinion may or will most likely change in time if you do become an Op as handling griefers, spammers, vulgar builders, tends to drain Ops and the game does not become very fun minus the communication with friends in game and the urge to build down the road.

While you are here for friends and to help out, there is plenty a Builder rank can do to help out already. It's a choice between building, socializing, and helping others. While Ops prioritizes on helping players when logging on; before a good conversation can be had and only on slow low number days can we have some time to build anything.

As I said before, your trolling is overboard, but some topics that you include yourself in tend to turn into something extremely vulgar and you have a knack for encouraging it to become worse.

You'll want to clean up your act and lighten up on the trolling, may want to think about your values and responsibilities as an Operator as well. I don't believe you are ready for Op yet.

These "trollings" were obvious jokes and have only been taken seriously by you, but fine, I'll agree I take my jokes to a further degree than I should and it's something I learn about a community as I continue to interact with them (the way the perceive certain things).

I don't see how you figured I believed everyone at a lower rank than me is less superior by reading my application, but it's not true. A tolerance to any who misbehave in ways that cause current Ops to get annoyed is what I was trying to state.

Ops lose interest in their job due to the stress and may again want to return to building, however, in my case, I know for a fact, I will not want to return and have plenty of reasons not to. Let's say I do; while I was building, and extremely focused, I still took time to help with whatever I saw fit, and as an Op, I realize that any help at all would be a time that I should see fit.

As you said, Ops log on with the goal to help before prioritizing anything else. That's my mindset now; if you ever see me, I'm usually flying around people's builds giving ideas when necessary and asking in the chat if any player needs help with anything.

Also, if you looked at the topics that tend to turn vulgar, I don't start it. If you honestly compare the things that I personally say with the people who are also part of the same immature conversation, you'll realize that my statements aren't nearly as bad as you're assuming. They would appear to be more intense than they actually are since the previous comments as well as the ones that follow are flowing from my own words, so in that case, yes I do tend to encourage conversations to worsen. However, I believe I keep my comments on a generally low level and don't necessarily encourage the other people in the conversation to make their reply more vulgar than mine or any of their previous replies.

Let's use your own quotes;
When things get out of hand and someone asks him to stop, he does and apologizes for going overboard.

Minus the trolling that "everyone" on classic does to pass the time while building. We all acted like this at one time or another.

Just like you said to DJ, if someone asks him to stop, he does, as do I. I have never once continued an immature conversation after being told to stop unless someone else continued it after being told to stop as well. However, I have never been the first person to continue a conversation that was told to be ended.

Also as you stated, "everyone" on classic does it. We all acted like this at one time or another. That includes you. So, yes, I have gone overboard, but so has everyone else. So telling me that I need to stop something that everyone does is completely unfair.

I know my values and responsibilities as an Operator and whether you personally choose to believe that is up to you, but I can prove it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 09:26:13 am by Kurseddragon »

MegaAero45

• I am Dave! Yognaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 12:38:23 pm »
I have slightly mixed emotions about this, however I don't know you well enough to make any real and personal judgements on your actions. From what I've seen, on my relatively short time on Opticraft, you're a good and respectable person.

Supported, for now.

Askepotta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 01:45:39 pm »
I support you kurse.

Your not joking more or less than other OPs.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:36:55 pm by Askepotta »

Victor1261

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 02:03:49 pm »
Some of the things that you said on your application aren't exactly desirable. BUT, I know you better in-game and you don't participate in too much mischief. Mostly supported.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 02:21:00 pm »
First of all, who is to say that an op cannot build? If i become op I plan on switching between being a builder and doing operator stuff. When a player requests a review I will teleport to him and review his build, when someone complains about grief I will do the same thing. As of now I enjoy building but I do not spend all my time on the server building. The majority of time I am helping people. I usually fly around the guest world and report grief to ops, I answer calls for water and review peoples builds. Sometimes I will go and work on my current "work in progress" but that does not usually last a while. Building to me has gotten a little boring. I still enjoy it, but the whole social aspect and the helping guests is more fun to me.

Also in response to what askepotta said about alpha_lance; that was put a bit harsh. Alpha is a good guy and is fully ready to be an op. The admins decision to make him op was a good one, and not meant to be questioned by players of lesser rank.
Saying that the admin as wrong to put "his weight" on alpha and "If a guy like that, can become OP. Everyone can." was your opinion and shouldn't have been posted on this app.

Also to the trolling; I am pretty sure that "everyone" on this server has been a troll at some point. Its just something we do while we're building. Kursed doesn't  "troll" anymore than the rest of us, nor is it as serious as you guys are acting like it is.

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 03:24:12 pm »
These "trollings" were obvious jokes
Also as you stated, "everyone" on classic does it.
everyone seems to be using this excuse :(

However, I believe I keep my comments on a generally low level and don't necessarily encourage the other people in the conversation to make their reply more vulgar than mine or any of their previous replies.
didnt seen you that much yet, i believe this could might be true from the few encounters i had with you :)

Just like you said to DJ, if someone asks him to stop, he does, as do I.
yesterday i posted a negative comment on his app, including proof that he does not stop
i can only hope your differend  :-\

We all acted like this at one time or another. That includes you. So, yes, I have gone overboard, but so has everyone else. So telling me that I need to stop something that everyone does is completely unfair.
oh dont worry, not just you. im going to tell everyone to stop 1 by 1 including high rankeds even blue
and if they tell me differend, they will meet me on the forums, with there quotes in my post :o

for now not supported, but also not not supported 8) im not sure yet
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)

MegaAero45

• I am Dave! Yognaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 04:40:22 pm »
First of all, who is to say that an op cannot build? If i become op I plan on switching between being a builder and doing operator stuff. When a player requests a review I will teleport to him and review his build, when someone complains about grief I will do the same thing. As of now I enjoy building but I do not spend all my time on the server building. The majority of time I am helping people. I usually fly around the guest world and report grief to ops, I answer calls for water and review peoples builds. Sometimes I will go and work on my current "work in progress" but that does not usually last a while. Building to me has gotten a little boring. I still enjoy it, but the whole social aspect and the helping guests is more fun to me.

Also in response to what askepotta said about alpha_lance; that was put a bit harsh. Alpha is a good guy and is fully ready to be an op. The admins decision to make him op was a good one, and not meant to be questioned by players of lesser rank.
Saying that the admin as wrong to put "his weight" on alpha and "If a guy like that, can become OP. Everyone can." was your opinion and shouldn't have been posted on this app.

Also to the trolling; I am pretty sure that "everyone" on this server has been a troll at some point. Its just something we do while we're building. Kursed doesn't  "troll" anymore than the rest of us, nor is it as serious as you guys are acting like it is.

They never said that ops can't build, they only stated that it is rare for an op to find time for building, in the midst of helping the server. "Switching" between doing operator duty and building isn't something you can plan out, you never know when someone will yell grief or want a review or, really, anything. When you're an operator on such a decently popular server, you a put into a great resposibility and burden (to some) that is hard to get out of, and easily overlooked. Most people think that being operator is easier than it looks. However, I'm not an operator, so to be honest, not even I know what it's like.

I don't really see why you put what YOU would do if you were operator, this is kursed's thread and this is about him, even if it was for an example.

I see what your saying, though, and I believe that kursed will make a fine operator in the days to come.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:42:23 pm by MegaAero45 »