March 28, 2024, 10:32:08 am

Author Topic: TRADE RULES ---- PLEASE READ  (Read 5568 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
TRADE RULES ---- PLEASE READ
« on: July 03, 2012, 07:25:41 pm »
Auction Rules

1.  All auctions must have an End time, with timezone, clearly stated in the auction post.  The auction time may be extended by the seller, but this must be done before the auction ends.

2.  Any bids made after the end of the auction are invalid.

3.  All bids made during the auction must be valid.  You must have the money for the bid available in-game and, at the time you place your bid, have full intent to purchase the item you are bidding on.

4.  Auctions or bids may be canceled BEFORE the End Time of the auction is reached.  Once the End Time of the auction is reached, and a winner is decided, both the seller and the winner must make arrangements to perform the exchange at the first available opportunity.

5.  The only way you may cancel an auction AFTER a winner has been determined, is if both the seller and winner agree to do so.  If either party does not agree, the transaction must be completed as per rule #4.

(Posted with permission from Nick3306)

EDIT:  Added rule 3 to deal with "troll bidders".  Modified rules 4 and 5 to make them easier to understand.

Trade Rules

1.  Only trade with people you trust.

2.  We are not responsible for any bad trades that may occur from use of this forum.

3.  Staff will NOT help you get back lost items as a result of a bad trade.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:32:19 am by Nick3306 »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: AUCTION RULES ---- PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 06:56:08 am »
Suggested Format

While you may do your auction in whatever format you wish, as long as you follow the rules above, there is a suggested format for you to follow to prevent any misunderstandings or issues that the rules do not cover.  Here is a suggested format that you may copy/paste for your auction post.  Reminder, you do not have to use this, it is just a suggestion compiled from many different users;

Code: [Select]
[b]Subject[/b]: <Name of item> <Enchantment(s) if applicable>

[b]Item[/b]:
[b]Enchantment(s)[/b]:
[b]Condition[/b]:
[b]Level Enchanted On[/b]: If unknown state "N/A"
[b]Starting Price[/b]:
[b]Price Increase[/b]:
[b]Buyout Price[/b]:
[b]End Of Auction[/b]: <[i]Date[/i]> <[i]Time[/i]>

[b]Notes[/b]:

For the end time it's suggested you post both date and time, with timezone.  Starting price is what you will accept as your bottom end for the item, so if you don't want a pickaxe to sell lower than 1K make sure you put your starting bid as 1K.  The price increase is the minimum bid that each person can make, so if the increment is 1K and the current bid is at 5K, the next bidder must bid a minimum of 1K more, for a bid of 6K.  This prevents people from bidding $1001, $1002, $1003, and so-on.  A buyout price is the price you're willing to accept if a person simply wants to end the bidding war and buy the item direct.  This should be what you WANT for the item, but it doesn't mean you'll get it.  Of course, you only put in Enchantment information if the item is something that can be enchanted, otherwise you put "N/A".  Notes is any additional information you want to give about an item.  If it's a tool maybe your notes will be what enhancements it has and the fact that it's never been used.  If it's a location, maybe a brief description of it.

NOTE:  Some people will put a note in their auctions so they can cancel it at any time.  However, that's not required due to auction rule number 4.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 06:35:21 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)