April 29, 2024, 04:48:40 am

Author Topic: Project Protection: Necro Ziggurat  (Read 8149 times)

Interbane

• View Profile
Project Protection: Necro Ziggurat
« on: July 02, 2012, 12:52:40 am »
Project name:  Necro Ziggurat

Project location:   X:-550   Y:entire range   Z:2597    /home Interbane go

Contributors: Interbane(builder/miner), Sircy(builder/miner), MikeWeirauch(builder/miner), Pew1998(miner), Bantam2(42 sandstone), Scotty602AB(slavedriver), DeweyMeister(23 stacks nether brick),

Mayor: Interbane

Approximate dimensions: 250x250

Number of completed, decorated and furnished buildings: The entire thing is a building, but it is unfinished.  Inside of the Ziggurat, there will be 5 fractal crescents at 5 different points on the y axis, each with a farm/house/theme.

What state is the project in, and what are your plans for its future, if any: The compass point terraces are partially complete, and I plan to build the inside at the same time as the outside, in cycles.  Natural light for building the interior is the motive to finish the quarter circle perimeter last.  Otherwise I'd need to constantly place torches while building.  

The home setpoint is at the top middle of the build, with a safe fall nearby, direcly underneath Sircy's massive skull build.  The safe fall goes to either sea level or bedrock, depending.  Each crescent will have a landing pad for a safe fall from above.  

The bottom will be inlaid redstone lamps in the shape of the nuke hazard sign, and accessible from each crescent by dropping down from above, toward the inner pentagram.  The hazard sign layer will be at Y axis 20, which also serves as the roof of the catacombs.  The catacombs are pillars supporting a roof of stone slabs, serving as the foundation.  It is the "vault" area of the build, accessible via safefall.  

Why should we grant this project protection?
-It will be fantastic when finished, but a single block of grief could cause deaths while building.  

-It will be incredibly detailed - I'm building it as a work of art.  The art of other players is also present already, such as Sircy.  

-There are many transcription "blocks" used as center points for the circles of the crescents that are tedious to place and audit for accuracy.  

-It would prevent future disputes due to anyone building within the area.  

I also plan to host a design competition for parts of the exterior.  I will frame a "slab" of the ziggurat in each quadrant, which will look like a massive cube of nether brick extruding from the wall.  The NWSE compass point sides will be blank canvasses for a design competition, using specified building materials(Sandstone/NetherBrick+Fence+Steps/Glowstone/Glass).  The winner will earn ownership of a crescent, and can rent it out as he/she wishes, or live in it.  

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:21:05 am by Weirauch »

Pew1998

• View Profile
Re: Project Protection: Necro Ziggurat
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:35:06 pm »
I support this project for protection. As he stated, it is a work of art. Sircy and Interbane are both great builders, and this is no less.

Sekihara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 01:13:45 am »
After hearing you and Sircy talk about this in mumble the last couple days I hope you get the protection. I haven't seen anything personally, but it sounds amazing.

tinymarky

• Tiny's Titans
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 06:56:06 pm »
hope you get this area protected i have seen what u can do and it is very impresive good luck dude

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 03:44:59 pm »
I'm waiting to build intricate stuff on the inside. 

It would help to know if it's declined or accepted so I know how to move forward.   

Victor1261

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 06:40:14 pm »
Definitely worth a protection. When it's finished, it's probably going to be massive. 300th post!

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 07:47:37 pm »
Yeah looks awesome! hope u get protection

Scotty602AB

• Blitz Banner
  • The Ban Hammer has spoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 02:19:22 pm »
I think this is definitely deserving of protection, and interbane, why not post up some pictures of the project in its current state, as a bit of a teaser  ;D

SUPPORTED

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 05:00:04 pm »
I think this is definitely deserving of protection, and interbane, why not post up some pictures of the project in its current state, as a bit of a teaser  ;D

SUPPORTED

I think he already got the protection, it just wasn't posted or moved.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 05:03:15 pm »

SUPPORTED

If he had gotten the protection, somebody would've said something about it. "Thinking" doesn't count as having protection, so it's best not to assume anything.

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 05:33:12 pm »

SUPPORTED

If he had gotten the protection, somebody would've said something about it. "Thinking" doesn't count as having protection, so it's best not to assume anything.
I was there when Relkeb zoned it. But I see your point, I didnt word it as clearly as I should have.

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 05:43:28 pm »
It is protected.  Anyone willing to snap some screenshots from up in the air for me?  I'm not even sure what the best angles are.  I also only have render distance set to about half. 

I'm harmonizing the ground transitions, so it's ready for housing and other farms.

The layer 40 crescent and center are already dug somehow.  So to keep the grind alive, the last crescent must be taken to layer 20 for full effect.  The section of rock between the lowest crescent and center will be hollowed and turned into apartments with a pimp view.  (Under the mushroom garden). 

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 06:41:32 pm »
Wonderful. I guess Relkeb forgot to move this then.

Moved to Accepted