April 19, 2024, 11:45:11 pm

Author Topic: the sprite that was worked on way too long.  (Read 23913 times)

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: the sprite that was worked on way too long.
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 01:28:21 pm »
:D thank you, when i build i always try to make it as good as possible too draw peoples attention!  ;)
(i love being praised)
YOu mean you "when i crafter i always try to make it as good as possible to draw peoples attention! ;)
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2012, 05:59:15 pm »
:D thank you, when i build i always try to make it as good as possible too draw peoples attention!  ;)
(i love being praised)
YOu mean you "when i crafter i always try to make it as good as possible to draw peoples attention! ;)
oh god grammar, atleast say "craft"

(i love being praised)
O.M.G! Terre, you are so fucking bad ass and fucking awesome, there's no words to describe what you did here! :D
and yeah i see what you did there and i didn't mean it in that manner -.-

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2012, 09:51:10 pm »
That's an awesome sprite you've got there. Do you cheat like your primate counterpart?

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

MegaAero45

• I am Dave! Yognaut
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2012, 01:02:20 pm »
Of course he 'cheated' on it, he posted a pixelated version of the picture, if you couldn't tell.

I don't mean to sound rude, Wyboth, but there's no need to be so intuitive about cheating on a sprite, man.

p.s. happy birthday terrewee

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2012, 03:54:07 pm »
Of course he 'cheated' on it, he posted a pixelated version of the picture, if you couldn't tell.

I don't mean to sound rude, Wyboth, but there's no need to be so intuitive about cheating on a sprite, man.

p.s. happy birthday terrewee
Chill out Mega, I'm just teasing them about cheating. They can cheat on sprites if they want to; I just prefer legitamate sprites. Oh, and happy birthday, Terre.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2012, 01:04:58 am »
Its hard to pick up on internet sarcasm when you dont alter the text in some way or state the sarcasm in some way or even joking
Major Igenerator

DP

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2012, 01:16:57 am »
Its hard to pick up on internet sarcasm when you dont alter the text in some way or state the sarcasm in some way or even joking
Next time, I'll add a :P.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 11:04:13 am »
wyboth, you sir, i challenge to make such a big sprite without cheating in my world.
you accept or reject my chalange :D?

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 05:05:21 pm »
wyboth, you sir, i challenge to make such a big sprite without cheating in my world.
I accept your challenge, if you agree to not judge me on time. What are the exact dimensions of your sprite?
Also, I am about to start on a sprite in Mr. Monkey's world, so I willed have to finish that one before I begin on the one in your world.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 06:56:26 pm »
That's an awesome sprite you've got there. Do you cheat like your primate counterpart?
If you're so great at sprites, and you don't need to 'cheat' then why are you not a builder yet? Honestly, it's not cheating when you place every single block yourself, cheating to me is having a program make the sprite for you. If you place every single individual block yourself, it's not cheating even when you're using a pixelated image to know what type of block to place. So just shut your trap alright?

---><--- Click the monkey

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 09:33:27 pm »
If you're so great at sprites, and you don't need to 'cheat' then why are you not a builder yet? Honestly, it's not cheating when you place every single block yourself, cheating to me is having a program make the sprite for you. If you place every single individual block yourself, it's not cheating even when you're using a pixelated image to know what type of block to place. So just shut your trap alright?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion of cheating is using a program that gives you an exact 'blueprint' of the blocks you need to place. This removes the challenge of deciding which blocks you have to place yourself. You're free to cheat if you want, but not cheated on sprites are better imo because more effort was spent making them.

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 11:09:37 am »
I accept your challenge, if you agree to not judge me on time. What are the exact dimensions of your sprite?
Also, I am about to start on a sprite in Mr. Monkey's world, so I willed have to finish that one before I begin on the one in your world.
it's 494 x 252, you can also make a bigger one if you want, and you can also let me choose a picture for you if you want ;)
i'll add you to my world RIGHT NOW :D
and i wonder if you also take about 6 months to make it~

EDIT: or ehhhm... not right now.... it seems my new pc noesn't like wom either... god -.- this pc doesn't even let me move AT ALL, or switch worlds..
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 12:06:06 pm by Terrewee »

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 03:17:01 pm »
it's 494 x 252, you can also make a bigger one if you want, and you can also let me choose a picture for you if you want ;)
i'll add you to my world RIGHT NOW :D
and i wonder if you also take about 6 months to make it~

EDIT: or ehhhm... not right now.... it seems my new pc noesn't like wom either... god -.- this pc doesn't even let me move AT ALL, or switch worlds..
I will let you choose the picture, just resize it correctly, please. Also, remember that I need to finish my sprite in Mr. Monkey's world (which I'm nowhere near finishing) before I can begin your challenge.
Have you tried just using regular Minecraft.net instead of WoM? If that still doesn't work, try using a different computer.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 09:23:26 am »
Offtopic alert:
Didn't you get a new comp recently terrewee?
Major Igenerator

DP

Terrewee

• The Saint
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2012, 12:15:03 pm »
yeah i did but the thing was that i installed the wrong java, which led to a freeze in wom and in smp :P
(i reinstalled it and rebooted my pc and it was fixed)
though something is wrong with the resolution wom is showing (it only shows half the screen)

anyway, wyboth, your added and later today i'll post a picture (and why do you need it resized? i thought you did it by eye, the bigger the picture the better the detail right?(advice from own experience))

(click to show/hide)
Touhou~