April 29, 2024, 06:31:56 am

Author Topic: FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO UNDERSTAND BRONIES!  (Read 2752 times)

morgosin

• View Profile
FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO UNDERSTAND BRONIES!
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:29:09 am »
Hello today I found two very good videos that explain how most bronies feel and why they watch the show.

I don't mean to push this on anyone but this is just how alot of us feel and why we do what whe do so here you go.

This

And this!
(I do not agree with mans philosophy in life but he has a point)

Bravo people you make it so much easier for people to understand.
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: FOR THOSE THAT WISH TO UNDERSTAND BRONIES!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:00:55 am »
Totally agree!

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:28:07 am »
Not a brony but this moved me. Both guys are right, that as human beings, we have the choice to act upon whatever we choose, regardless of what others say.

As the first video says, bronies are not trolls. They like the show for its concepts, for its values, lessons and morals.

As the second video says, people pick on bronies because of the socially accepted norm. Gender roles have grown significantly the last few centuries in world history and people accept it as it changes. Bronies aren't insane, they are probably the most sane people because they dare to challenge the socially established norms.

Well done morgosin! ;D

P.S. the guy in the second video had a cigar that had my attention since he just smoked it most of the video. When i looked at the comments, i laughed when a YouTuber commented, "He has a cigar. Your counter-argument is null and void". I guess that's a comment for all the brony haters out there ;).

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 02:18:26 pm »
I've watched the first season of the show, I'll give it that it's well animated, Other than that, The story is far too predictable, the characters are far too predictable.

And DJAlphaWolf, You speak about Values, Lessons & Morals. These are things you learn by real life experience, and social interaction. (As a matter of fact, Morals exist from the core, and don't need to be taught, although they could be developed and strained).

There's one thing that caught my eye about MLP:FIM Which was that it had a political, and ideological kick to it.

I'll just put in Liberalism & Feminism.

Bronies aren't insane, they are probably the most sane people because they dare to challenge the socially established norms.

The word you're looking for is anti-conformism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anticonformism

Social norms were established for a reason, they were established by the majority in order to keep the human society stronger. I could understand how people such as Sociopaths (or better put: Anti-Social personality disorder) would go against social norms, but to actually do it voluntarily must be insanity, or ideological reasons (I doubt sanity has anything to do with it). Before you try to argue this point, read up on what sociopathy is. You'd be surprised that those people are very social, and more diabolical than you would imagine.

I think that if someone's going to watch the show, watch it. I most certainly don't care. But why devote so much passion into it? It's hardly an amazing show. I'd rather watch a classical opera. Great stories, great moral points are made (Very well written, and an amazing twist in story line, that will teach you the possibilities of mankind)
Perfect example would be the Magical Flute, or Die entfürlung aus dem serail.

In conclusion, this is what I've learned from watching MLP:FIM, and from the arguments have been made so far.
-Almost no male characters at all, and the only one is a servant or not even part of the story (Feminist ideology being put into a show. You should NEVER mix ideologies as morals that all characters follow.)

-This show isn't going to make the human race any better, on the contrary I believe it makes most people soft.

-The show isn't as amazing as it is described in the videos, It didn't make it easier for anyone to learn it, it just refuted accusations (that I've not even heard of) based on no fact what so ever.

-It's still a show intended for LITTLE girls. The point being made, is if you're watching the show, by the excuse that it's wholesome & promotes morals, and life conduct. Just remember that you're an adult, and you're expected to already know all of this.

Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 07:42:30 pm »
MLP is a series that gives children and older ages life lessons that they should have been learning from friends and family.

While I don't mind the fact that someone has finally come up with an appropriate way to teach children or any ages for that matter these life lessons, it is disappointing that someone did have to make a series to teach life lessons and values in the first place.
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

morgosin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 04:29:00 pm »
Ok I did not mean for this to be a big debate or Sharing opinions about what you think about bronies.... I Simply wanted to inform people about what we bronies believe.

This is going to far so I'm just gunna lock it and let people keep there opinions to themselves.  It was just supposed to be information not a debate.
Sometimes life sucks.... but then you see a picture of Bowsette and everything gets better.