April 28, 2024, 01:32:56 pm

Author Topic: My first Ban Hammer Experience  (Read 2821 times)

acegdl007

• View Profile
My first Ban Hammer Experience
« on: May 27, 2012, 09:52:20 pm »
This is totally my bad...

So when exploring an area just outside of the spawn I fell into some crevices and had to dig/build my way out.  I ended up in someone's house... where I ended up breaking some things as I was trying to get out.  As one would expect... the Ban Hammer struck.

I should have probably just warped out of there.  I'll be sure to do that next time.  I apologize to who ever's house it was.  How can I make it up to you?

Let me know what king of ban I am facing and what I need to do to right this wrong.

:-[

acegdl007

• View Profile
Re: My first Ban Hammer Experience
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 10:53:23 pm »
I know... right!  Some areas like that have pretty treacherous terrain.  And with homes built haphazardly in there it's hard to get out without breaking blocks or your neck.

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 11:40:58 pm »
You were banned by a grief trap, it's a 7 day ban. Takes 5 breaks to be banned by one.

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 11:56:45 pm »
You were banned by a grief trap, it's a 7 day ban. Takes 5 breaks to be banned by one.

OK... I am a complete noob when it comes to this so let me get some clarification:  There are traps set up throughout the server to trap griefers?  And if you break more than 5 blocks in the trap it sets off the trap and drops the ban hammer?

Since this is my first offense in the wrong place at the wrong time... is their any way to get the 7 day ban waved or reduced. I don't mean any harm.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 05:38:26 am »

OK... I am a complete noob when it comes to this so let me get some clarification:  There are traps set up throughout the server to trap griefers?  And if you break more than 5 blocks in the trap it sets off the trap and drops the ban hammer?

Since this is my first offense in the wrong place at the wrong time... is their any way to get the 7 day ban waved or reduced. I don't mean any harm.

Grief traps are a mandatory 7 day ban, due to their being sufficient warning on both this forum as well as in-game about their existence.  If you find yourself "stuck" inside a grief trap there are many ways to get out, such as warping as you stated.  Due to this we unfortunately cannot shorten your ban.

To answer your other query, yes you are correct.  This server has random grief traps set up around the map to catch individuals griefing.  Once 5 blocks are broken on a grief trap, the one responsible is automatically banned for a week.  In addition, Moderators have tools at their disposal to check the log history of blocks should a player be griefed.  This also results in a ban of said griefer.  While it could be said that griefing is a problem on every server, we can safely say that on this server that justice is always served.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

acegdl007

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 11:05:58 am »
OK.  Looks like I will have to face it and serve my 7 day ban.  I'll learn my lesson.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 04:15:58 pm »
For your records, I've looked up your ban information.  It will expire on June 3rd at 4:27PM CST.  After that you can get back to playing.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)