This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.
Messages - Mr_Mr_Mr
« on: August 07, 2017, 04:39:00 am »
Looks really good! Would you be making a custom texture pack for it?
Here is a quick video showcasing the early stages of the loot system by deekay
A texture pack for items might be nice, a crab claw =/= red stone switch thingy.
Yes. I think that a wipe should happen because I've pretty done everything I could in the game. I don't really care that I spend a whole lot of time working on the things on the server because I haven't touched them in a long time anyway and I don't intend to touch them in the future either. A restart would be inviting for me to come back. When it comes to gaming people should be used to losing everything, the whole point of the game is to build up from nothing. If you're constantly stuck at the endgame it is no fun.
- Too many people are at the end game and there isn't much to do anymore.
- It is inviting to old people to return and inviting to new players because they won't be so far behind.
- Even though it would be up for download, everything in the server would completely lose value to me. However, everything currently has no value to me anyways (except nostalgia) so this con is pretty much useless.
- Simplification or removal of the economy system.
Simplification, not removal, a wipe would be nice too. I don't think that the economy should be removed because that's something I used to keep me going on the server. It's what made opticraft unique for me and I would be sad if we were to lose it completely. But then again, I have no intentions on touching the server again unless there is a wipe, so I really couldn't care less in a way. I think the economy is too inflated right now, so a simplification and reset would be ideal.
- No more annoying farms or competition to see who has the most money.
- More motivation for player trading if removed. (I personally like this concept)
- People who like to build will find it harder to gather a ton of blocks to make things.
- No drive to play, vanilla or close to vanilla survival can be very boring and there wouldn't be anything to strive for.
- Addition of pvp modes
Yes. If we are talking about the modes we were going to have with the old dev (forgot his name) then yes. If not, then it really depends on what you have purposed and how much time it would take you guys away from making more important/greater things. I'm willing to bet what you have purposed is something much better than the half assed arenas you made a while back.
- It would be something else for people to do.
- I love PVP, so if it's good I'd like it.
- PVP can be addicting and would get people to join and potentially stay.
- I don't see any other than it could be another flop if not done right.
- Addition of a player trading system
Yes. Personally I think something like the grand exchange (GE) in runescape would be amazing. If that's the case then removing the economy seems useless. If you're not thinking of something as big as the GE, I think a player to player simple trading system would be nice because it would invite players to interact with each other more instead of not saying anything and being able to go to the market and buy a shit ton of building materials or rare items.
- If the economy would be removed, this would give some people to strive towards things, maybe trade for building materials.
- We would have to keep an economy if we did a massive trading system like the GE. This can be solved by simply not having a GE system.
- Points system where players accumulate points for things like voting and doing everyday survival activities. These points can be used to buy protection or rare items.
Indifferent, (most likely yes). I don't really see much use for this unless the economy was to be removed. I would also suggest against being able to buy rare items, rare items should stay rare. I love it when games don't allow you to simply buy rarer items (Even if they are over priced, because then you'd focus on grinding points instead of going out to get it yourself) and make you work for them because if gives you something to strive for.
- Something to give you things to look forward to.
- If the economy were removed, this could be a nice replacement.
- If there's an economy, what's the point?
- Change to a player defined protection field system
No. I personally think pstones work great, except when they break and an op has to bring you another. They are really simple and easy to use.
- Pstones have limited area and are a pain to place everywhere to make sure your whole build is covered. A new system (World Edit-Type system) would be great for protecting your whole house all at once.
- Pstones are really simple to use and inviting.
- Pstones work fine as is at the moment.
You will never guess how I found the song. I'm not going to say either.
Meant to take a selfie. SozYou should wash your car, it's a little dirty.
Curvature of the earth looks phenomenal. Please keep making more!That's mainly the fisheye lens. https://idigitaldarwin.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/dsc_0393-northwest-sunset.jpg
It's used to provide a wider FOV.
Sign me up!!!! Mistercreeper7Sign ups are closed.
« on: November 26, 2014, 05:57:30 pm »
Corey is going to fly over to your house in his airplane with his pilot license and give you a cake.