June 17, 2024, 06:46:36 pm

Author Topic: THE CITY OF DARUTH  (Read 3757 times)

Creepercicker

• View Profile
    • http://signaturecraft.us/create_signature.php
Re: THE CITY OF DARUTH
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 04:07:29 am »
im confused...like you cant or you wont.  i can validate types and color but not # of animals so 2 of each color would work. btw i dont understand the difference between a block and a animal. a grief is a grief regardless. but if this is really impossible and will never happen let me know. because i feel as tho im not asking for much...just fixing griefed animals should be easy. 2 sheep and 2 cows and 2 pigs.  ill even take care of the dyes (which are a pain in the arse) but if none of that is possible i understand....im sure you can sympathies tho... animals are hard to come by in this server

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 05:02:18 am »
Your right, they are both classified as grief.  The difference is, we can easily see logs of what changes were made to blocks and then have the system reverse the changes.  With animals there are no logs and as such we can't reverse the changes.  We also don't have the ability to create animals out of thin air.  

Even if we could just create animals, we wouldn't be "allowed" to because if we were then anyone can simply say "Someone killed my _____" and get free animals.  We have no way to prove if they had the animal or not.  We can't though, so that's not a problem.

It's nothing against you personally Creepercicker.  The one responsible will pay the price for what they've done, by being banned from the server.  That's, unfortunately, the most we can do in the case of griefed animals.

My suggestion is to build a complete enclosure around any new animals you get, with PS protection, so griefers have absolutely no chance to kill them.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Creepercicker

• View Profile
    • http://signaturecraft.us/create_signature.php
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 05:08:47 am »
okay i understand...btw come to my town pay me a vist (when mojang gets back from there birthday dinner and realized oh hey silly jeb flipped the server switch not the light switch!) check out my farm and the town...it is completed enclosed with ps stones... those griefers use evil gypsy magic! if you think the town js good enough to be awarded the city protection plz support it, it would be greatly appreciated!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 05:19:41 am »
Haha, sounds cool.

I'd still put some kind of building around your animals, like maybe a barn or something.  Walls and a roof are the only true way to keep griefers away from them, trust me I have to do it with my own farm too.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)