June 17, 2024, 03:14:07 pm

Author Topic: I'll get my head bitten off from this  (Read 8179 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: I'll get my head bitten off from this
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 04:38:08 am »
This topic was about the lack of moderators that were online, there are a few exceptional moderators/ops out there i must say! it just i know they all don't have time to play minecraft.
Maybe mods should have shifts?

I think you're right, the conversation drifted.  That said, I do understand where you're coming from.  There have been times when I've logged in and have been the only mod, and completely swamped with tickets with players complaining because they weren't getting immediate service.

That said, my reply was more to the point of there are things players can do to prevent them from needing a Mod's assistance.  Protecting themselves from grief is a big one.  That said, if they are griefed I'm more than happy to help them, but they still should take some of the responsibility for them being griefed in the first place.  I was never griefed because I never built without first placing a PS stone, and I had no help, so I probably have a different perspective on grief than most.  It is preventable.  If you're reporting the same grief over and over again, well you can see how silly that is.

Back on topic though...  Even I've looked at the list of Mod "time zones" and have gone, "Wow there's a big gap there".  Not much you can do about that though if people in those empty time zones aren't trusted enough and putting forward the effort to become Mods.

Not to sound rude, but Mods also have lives.  I, myself, wasn't able to get in-game the past two days because I was tied up with real life stuff.  That's 2 days off since I started being a Mod.  Considering I have a full-time job, a girlfriend, a late-night radio show, and the weather has been amazing outside...  I dunno,  I'd say that's pretty dedicated.

I'd simply ask players to have a little bit of patience.  If there isn't a mod online, easily checkable with the /who command, then feel free to post your issue on the forum and I'm sure a mod would be more than happy to get to it when they can.  I monitor this forum pretty heavily, and even when I can't get in-game (usually due to being at work) I try my best to help players from the forum.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

valkyrieX888

• Daily Ragnarok Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 10:44:38 am »
If you want know, when i still on Classic Server, i really sufferred on Griefer Apocalypse in 8 Hours with Kascas. SO hurt. :(

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2012, 11:22:22 am »
water can be handled by trusted

Maybe, we can have a channel that only trusted people can hear for the water. Like /helpop

Check it out! ;)

valkyrieX888

• Daily Ragnarok Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2012, 12:20:53 pm »
Maybe, we can have a channel that only trusted people can hear for the water. Like /helpop
i Suggested the command of the water placement is /needwater that just Trusteds+ can hear.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2012, 12:27:38 pm »
I think there are 2-3 moderators in his time, and one of them, you are.

be patient guys, I will rescue you, all, when I become Mod..:P
Joking.
I dont face such problems because, even if I play the whole day on weekends, I always see someone.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2012, 08:40:32 pm »
I agree, people need to try to get PS to protect their creations.  That's why I opened up a shop, so I can earn enought money to buy more PS.  I have at least 60k now :-)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2012, 09:36:52 pm »
I agree that people should get ps but i have a 180 blocks tall tower and i need 17 coal ps to completely protect it. 17x1500=25500$.(I expected more lol) I don't want to spend this much money on ps. Plus, ps are not working when i place them for some odd reason. I did /ps on a couple of times but still no changes.

Check it out! ;)

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2012, 10:00:39 pm »
I think you're in My timezone aswell as Nyssa's (dedlymagik) and MissMedu you'll be right, when I finish school.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 10:27:56 pm »
There's a problem judging just by time zones.  Who's to say that someone in Australia is going to be on at 10PM their time (9:30AM mine) every day?  What's to say they don't go on first thing in the morning?  Or during the day?  I know, from my own experience, that there are days when I hop online at 8AM, days when I hop on at Noon, and days when I don't get on till 10PM.  I very rarely let a day pass when I'm not online, but I'm not always online at the same time.

Shift work, as suggested earlier, won't work either.  You'll have mods that will have to book off due to IRL conflicts, they'll get pissed if players bother them outside their scheduled shift, it'll just be a mess.

I think our current mod numbers are very acceptable.  Sure, there are times when players won't have access to a mod, but that will happen with 20 mods just as easily as it will happen with 100 mods.  

Here's some simple solutions to problems when mods aren't around;  

Spam - /ignore {playername} to block the spam and then report them on the forum in the "Support" area.
Grief - Wait till a mod is online or post a very detailed message on the forum which includes the exact X-Y-Z location.
Water - Politely ask a Trusted individual to assist you.
Portal - Players might be able to fire-charge portals now, but odds are you won't like where your portal takes you anyway.
Harassment - Report them on the forum in the "Support" category.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:35:56 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 10:53:46 pm »

Spam - /ignore {playername} to block the spam and then report them on the forum in the "Support" area.
Grief - Wait till a mod is online or post a very detailed message on the forum which includes the exact X-Y-Z location.
Portal - Players might be able to fire-charge portals now, but odds are you won't like where your portal takes you anyway.
This should be pinned.

partyguy15

• The Dj Of Opticraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 02:52:39 am »
I still think we need more mod because i was on this morning and i needed a mod and there wernt any on so ya

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 02:55:36 am »
Many of the staff members have finals in school this week and the following week. Once school is over for the summer, the moderators will be much more active.

bhoughton

• The names Bee
  • Whatcho Talkin bout?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 05:17:15 am »
Very true Logan, im currently in my Half yearlies for school and thats Australia.
Quit swinging your dick around before I put a formal end to it.

fuck notch, yo

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 08:01:17 am »
I still think we need more mod because i was on this morning and i needed a mod and there wernt any on so ya

I'm curious; what exactly did you need a mod for?

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2012, 10:09:34 pm »

This should be pinned.

Agreed, but then again I'm a little biased... lol
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!