June 16, 2024, 11:10:07 am

Author Topic: Improving Trade between players  (Read 5203 times)

atdfbttl15

• Either on or trying to be on
    • View Profile
Improving Trade between players
« on: May 13, 2012, 01:02:36 pm »
Hi guys,

We often trade with eachother in game and we often search for items we need to buy them from other players. These messages sometimes spam the chat and make chatting between players more difficult. So my suggestion is, we can create a part on the website where people put their items on sale and buy from other people. It is simple. When you buy from others, the items you buy will be transfered to your inventory on the next login. If you dont have any free slots in your inventory then you won't be able to buy items... There was a plugin, i can't remember the name though it was something like "Web Auction" which was good.

This plugin can free the chat from trading stuff and our lifes will be easier :)

Thanks for reading!

Check it out! ;)

thedude114

• View Profile
Re: Improving Trade between players
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 01:39:22 pm »
There's a trade channel...

atdfbttl15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 02:12:04 pm »
There's a trade channel...

Yes but there can be some page on the website where you post your items on sale and they will stay till someone buys it.

Check it out! ;)

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 06:43:25 pm »
That would be cool and it is easier if you have a store.

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 08:16:39 pm »
There are too many users and they all sell things like coal. I don't need to check the website to see who's selling 64 coal, or 32 Gun powder. You see what I'm saying? Just use Trade. You can sell your goods without spamming, too.
Team Fruitas y Vegetables, Renato Laranja Jiu-Jitsu Brasileño

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 08:28:51 pm »
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/webauction/

i had the idea to create this system a while ago but knew it would be quite a bit of work. glad someone else did it :p

however, that plugin seems to be quite heavy on the database for the web source; i haven't looked at the actual plugin code.

with a lot of design changes and layer of caching implemented, i think a unique and well thought-out web auction system would be a very good addition to the server.

--

and as a note: i do completely agree that the current economy kind of sucks. both because of the difficulties of trading and the problems that the market itself present, (no supply/demand, most things bought/sold there instead of player-trading going on, etc) and even because of people becoming rich frp, automatic farms. personally i would like to see a change, but lots of thinking would have to be done on how to re design the system in the best way possible.

--

@24kgold - i can assure you that if opticraft ever adopted an implementation of a web auction house, it would not be overrun with useless crap. we would definitely take things like users spamming useless items into account when designing it :)

--

and back on topic: optical has mentioned implementing an existing in-game auction type of system. i'm sure you could find what he's talking about with some googling if anyone is interested in doing some research - you know, for posting well thought out responses and feedback in this topic.

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 10:57:06 pm »
That web auction plugin is a good idea. I would definitely like to see something like that. I just wanted to avoid a forum mess of just threads. That bukkit plug in actually looks great and I'd sure it'd be implemented even better on opti.
Team Fruitas y Vegetables, Renato Laranja Jiu-Jitsu Brasileño

atdfbttl15

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 07:13:00 pm »
I want this to be implemented as well but i hope it won't bring any lag to the server.

Check it out! ;)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2012, 12:20:16 am »
Good suggestion.  This would help improve trade between players, but I think the trade channel is good enough.

harif

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2012, 05:37:10 am »
the pluggin which permits players to buy and sell stuff is ECONOMY.
ive used it on another server and its a good idea for this server too. the only remark is that if this pluggin will be installed, it would be necesary to remove buy/sell diamonds as those can be obtained freely by voting the server.

btw, the trade channel of the server is anything else but not a trading room. people are talking about everything they want except trading.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 05:38:47 am by harif »

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2012, 06:39:53 am »
Please keep in mind that we are extremely hesitant to simply install plugins that seem to provide a given functionality to the server. Most of the time, they are not written by very good programmers and the code is not very well written itself.

while on a 20 player server with no real backbone, that kind of plugin may seem great on the surface. on opticraft, a server regularly exceeding 150 players, problems with badly written plugins become very apparent and even a small bug can mean a completely ruined economy for everyone and a lot of headaches for the staff. it has happened before, and is likely to happen again.

so, i must ask that we keep these sort of topics to concepts rather than specific plugins. it is very unlikely that we will be simply installing plugins that someone may recommend to us. we much prefer - for the safety and enjoyment of everyone - to create our own bug-free and scalable implementation of a given concept. don't be discouraged from linking to plugins that provide a certain functionality, as not all plugins are written badly - just keep in mind that simply telling us about a plugin does not contribute much to the discussion and such posts will likely be ignored.

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2012, 10:56:26 am »
So dejected?
It's happening? or not ?

I'd like to see something like this in our server

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2012, 11:07:57 am »
So dejected?
It's happening? or not ?

i do not have the final-say in any decisions made on opticraft. i am reading and moderating this topic in the hopes that there is healthy discussion on possible ideas that opticraft could adopt - i am personally interested in improving the state of the economy and trading on the server, but I do not know the best way to go about doing that. that's why i am trying to promote discussion in this topic.

I can say that we have no current plans.

omaroo2

• OptiCraft's Pharaoh.
  • PSN: UnlimitedEra Steam: UnlimitedEra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2012, 11:15:58 am »
So dejected?
It's happening? or not ?

i do not have the final-say in any decisions made on opticraft. i am reading and moderating this topic in the hopes that there is healthy discussion on possible ideas that opticraft could adopt - i am personally interested in improving the state of the economy and trading on the server, but I do not know the best way to go about doing that. that's why i am trying to promote discussion in this topic.

I can say that we have no current plans.
Talk about it with opti.
It is an awesome plugin and will improve us a lot.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:48 pm »
I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR THIS, right HERE!

Not only does my solution include a 'trade' childboard, but it also offers a very simple clean up to the entire forum!
Click it, click it, click it!
And please leave your input, This is by far one of my best suggestions *apart from the spoilers*

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,9926.0.html
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء