May 09, 2024, 07:54:23 am

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 2130 times)

Myskillzownu

• View Profile
Introduction
« on: May 06, 2012, 03:12:09 pm »
I know this is a bit over-due, but I haven't really been on the website for anything other than voting until now.
I'll try to cover some background information related to Minecraft and me as a person; read what you wish.

Basic Minecraft introduction:
My name is Dave, and my UN is "Myskillzownu".

I started playing Minecraft on cracked versions at other people's houses, and one dreadful day I was sick as a dog, in need something to do. I hopped on Minecraft.net, and started playing Classic servers. (Not knowing the difference.) After a while I discovered that it was outdated, so I looked at the full version. I found that the price of Beta was very cheap, and purchased the game.

I've loved Minecraft greatly ever since, and this is only the second server I have enjoyed playing (first got shut down), and I plan on staying here for as long as I play Minecraft.

I play this server with my two roommates, "Jfish75" and "Strid3", and our friend "Tigerwolf117".

About me, what I love, what I know, and what I want:
I'm a technology enthusiast.
It's how I make my money, and it's all I ever plan on doing.

I know my way around Windows 2000, XP, and 7, and I'm fairly good with Linux distributions. I myself prefer to use Linux, and when I can it's what I run on my laptop. (Saving my desktop for Windows-exclusive programs.)
I'm currently running Windows on my laptop only because it's been sent in over 3 times since I got it, and they always re-install Windows. (Got it early December of '11. -- Don't buy Sony, they've gone way down hill.)

I'm good at repairing computers in all aspects, both hardware and software.

I'm also experienced in writing C++, Python, HTML, and CSS; and I'm decent at PHP, JavaScript, and Java. (Only recently started using them.)

My one Dream/Goal:
My dream is to be self-employed, making money through my own websites and programs. I want nothing more than that, and I will never rest until I reach it.
I work good with people, and I don't mind it, but it's not what I really want to do.
The way I look at it (being an atheist), like it short, and you get one shot.
I don't want to waste it just doing what everyone else does, I want to live life doing what I truly love. (Programming, though I guess women could fit too -.^)

MMORPG
The main project that I have going right now is a medieval MMORPG, which I am making with my brother (who has approximately 25 years of computer experience, and is a very smart guy; there's no one I'd rather make a game with than him), my friend (Tigerwolf117 on here), and my friend Riley.
As of right now, my brother creates and rigs the 3D models, my friend Dan does who knows what (he did one thing, then another, then another; we will find out what he truly ends up doing later), my friend Riley does concept drawings and reference drawings for the 3D models, and I am in charge of the programming and the website.
We are using all free programs for this project too. Blender for the models, Panda 3D for the game engine (which I can write the game in with Python), and Komodo for the HTML/CSS/PHP/JavaScript.
The game has been "in the works" for a long, long time now, as schedules never lined up, and everyone depends on everyone.
The biggest roadblock has to have been my brother getting married and having a kid; it's taken up a lot of his free time, and without him and without his models, there is no game.
However, we have recently started back up on the game, and I truly think and hope that we are 100% sticking to it this time.
Once we get a very base game down (lower down than an alpha of an alpha of an alpha of an alpha) and some quality concept work done, I'm going to start on making a video about the game. (Going to make it 100% the best that I can.)
After that's done we're going to post it on kickstarter.com, in the hopes that we can raise some money to really the things rolling. (We want to use the money to hire professionals for a few small things, to make sure this game is the best it can be, and we need the rest to build a good server to start.)

Side Hobby:
I also enjoy creating short films with my friends. I'm by no means a professional, but I've been doing it for a number of years, and I've gotten quite good.
I don't plan on truly going anywhere with that, but I will continue to do it for a long time; it's a great way to let my creative side out, and it's extremely fun.

Helping:
I also enjoy helping people; I always have and I always will.
If anyone needs help with anything, especially if it's related to technology, video production, or photo-editing, let me know. I will be more than happy to help, and if I don't know the solution, I will do my best to help you find it.

I'll stop here, but I'd like to end it with saying this server is great, I plan on staying here for a long time, and I'll do my part to help out whenever I can.
And also, I'm one of the few who has absolutely no intention in becoming staff.
I know that doesn't need to be said, I just want everyone to know that if I help people, it's not in the hopes that I get something in return; I'm just here to play the game, have fun, and help out.

-Myskillzownu

zombieravemaster

• i quit opticraft for realz now ;)
    • View Profile
    • friendlyplayers
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 07:02:49 pm »
wow :o thats sure is a big intro. anyways, welcome to the opticraft community :)
click this plz

dunno wat im up too now adays? look for me on steam.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:05:15 pm »
Welcome, welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay at Opticraft! :)
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

Yomo

• Livin It Big
  • IGN: Yomomma750
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 07:29:38 pm »
Welcome, we have been expecting you.... :P

Myskillzownu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 10:01:24 pm »
Thanks everyone -.^

Typically I do type quite a bit.
Sucks because most people don't read it, but at least everything's there, haha. (I always feel like there's one last thing I should say, and before long I'm looking at a book.)

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 03:49:34 pm »
Welcome aboard!
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 04:15:18 pm »
Hm.. It was nice that you shared all these information about your knowledge, your programming efforts, and your intentions.
Welcome to the server and hope you like it, as we do.
You are the 6th user of Linux here...:P
I have abandoned Linux because of my studies and because I have some issues entering in a specific network.

Anyway, see you online.