June 09, 2024, 11:31:57 am

Author Topic: Public enchanting table at spawn  (Read 3246 times)

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
Public enchanting table at spawn
« on: April 28, 2012, 08:17:53 am »
Hey there!

I have been wondering if perhaps an enchanting table could be added to spawn. It could help out both new and old players by allowing them to enchant their items, even if it had little to no bookshelves. What do you think about this?

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Public enchanting table at spawn
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 08:27:52 am »
People have been doing well without this for a few months, if you look around players have made their own public enchantment tables. The alternative is to just save up for the materials yourself, can't be too hard?

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:34:08 am »
People have been doing well without this for a few months, if you look around players have made their own public enchantment tables. The alternative is to just save up for the materials yourself, can't be too hard?

I guess, but then I'd need to go and mine obsidian and then get some paper which means I'd need to get some sugarcane *rolls eyes and sighs* So much effort...Nah, I could go ahead and do that. It's just for the new players.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

Spamarian

• Top Voter
  • Champion Member
  • YoO0Oo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 09:16:18 am »
Dude, that's the point. To work on what you need.
Noone started with 1kk balance and full chests with items. We spent hours on that game to do that.

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 04:16:20 am »
Also, having enchanting tables at spawn would take MORE our of survival. You need to work to get it...

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 06:05:11 am »
Also, having enchanting tables at spawn would take MORE our of survival. You need to work to get it...

What do you mean 'more' of our survival?

illiwill

• Smp Trusted/Classic Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 11:35:34 pm »

What do you mean 'more' of our survival?

I meant to say would take more OUT of survival

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 10:01:17 pm »
Are you really complaining about "so much effort?" That's the point od survial.  Or just ask around to use an enchantment table, simple ;-P

bigbeno37

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 01:39:44 am »
Are you really complaining about "so much effort?" That's the point od survial.  Or just ask around to use an enchantment table, simple ;-P

Well, before I got ranked up, in order to get some obsidian, I would have to have asked a moderator for some lava and water to combine.

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2012, 01:46:02 am »

Well, before I got ranked up, in order to get some obsidian, I would have to have asked a moderator for some lava and water to combine.
Or you could of bought obsidian from someone's store :P

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 02:31:36 am »

Wait... Do u not go into caves? Tons of obsidian, last I checked a diamond pick works lol why have a mod place it for you?

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 02:33:02 am »

Wait... Do u not go into caves? Tons of obsidian, last I checked a diamond pick works lol why have a mod place it for you?
^^I agree, tons down there, you don't even have to ask someone to put water where lava is.

wildone234

• Wow, what a nice house i've made! ssssssss BOOM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 03:20:50 am »
I made an enchantment table within 2 days of starting on this server. Where's your survival spirit?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 05:54:43 am by wildone234 »