June 08, 2024, 02:07:09 pm

Author Topic: Taking from chests.  (Read 2436 times)

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
Taking from chests.
« on: April 25, 2012, 11:35:39 pm »
Hi i was reading the rules, and it said if you dont put a lock on  your stuff you lose it. I was wondering does this mean as long as you dont destoy stuff can you take from chests? Can you get banned for taking it? Please respond. Thanks.

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
Re: Taking from chests.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 12:19:59 am »
If the chest is accessible and not locked, its technically free game. But if its obviously in a house (like they just forgot to close a door) show some courtesy

bigbeno37

• We are all born with a purpose in life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 12:20:59 am »
Hi i was reading the rules, and it said if you dont put a lock on  your stuff you lose it. I was wondering does this mean as long as you dont destoy stuff can you take from chests? Can you get banned for taking it? Please respond. Thanks.

Well, according to what you said, I guess you could take somebodies stuff, regarding that they have no protection on it.

"We are all born on this planet with a purpose in life," This quote keeps me going during the day, always trying to find that answer.

rytovius

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 12:24:09 am »
Ok thanks and also am I allowed to look in a houses? So long as I dont destroy anything?

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 12:36:31 am »
As long as you don't get any 'mischievous' ideas, you should be fine

NateN

• Slap my nip
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 12:37:27 am »
Ok thanks and also am I allowed to look in a houses? So long as I dont destroy anything?

If you can get into a house WITHOUT destroying anything at all, then feel free to look around. If the owner sees you and asks you to leave, apologize, and move on your merry way

24kGold

• Nibiru Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 12:04:22 pm »
If it's an unlocked chest that's clearly marked for donations, be kind and don't rip off the owner. Be cool.  :)
Team Fruitas y Vegetables, Renato Laranja Jiu-Jitsu Brasileņo

ibby03

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 03:17:15 pm »
If I'm correct the command to lock chests is /lwc? right?

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »
If it's an unlocked chest that's clearly marked for donations, be kind and don't rip off the owner. Be cool.  :)

Yea, my opinion on donation chests is that if you take stuff from them (and the chest doesn't belong to you) then you've griefed.  The point of the chest is donations.  If you think you're smart, be careful.  Some owners, myself included, will purposely place things in donation chests to see if they vanish, and then report the thief.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

rytovius

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 10:09:45 pm »
OK so if its not a donations and i take it than its not a grief

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 10:16:39 pm »
In my PERSONAL opinion, if a chest is unlocked and it's not marked in any way that it's private/donations/etc. then I would say it's fair game.  THAT SAID, I would still be extremely careful because if you empty a chest, and it's reported by the owner, the mods may see fit to hit you with a ban.  For me, it would be a little too risky to attempt.  I'd spend the time more wisely and earn the items on your own.  On the other hand, I have found abandoned chests while terraforming an area for a new building site, and mods were good enough to remove it for me (sometimes even giving me the goodies inside).

I'd say it's a very gray area and you're taking a risk.  You might get lucky, you might face the hammer, best to either leave it alone or call a mod in to confirm it's abandoned.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:20:34 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

rytovius

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 01:38:06 am »
 You might get lucky, you might face the hammer, best to either leave it alone or call a mod in to confirm it's abandoned.
Thanks