May 16, 2024, 07:18:08 am

Author Topic: Where is the play button?  (Read 1270 times)

fishyies

• View Profile
Where is the play button?
« on: April 25, 2012, 06:46:43 pm »
I'm still confused on the whole MC private server thing... ??? so i need some help.

When i joined opticraft i registered (duh) and there is no play button...

OR is it like a certain type of RuneScape Private Server (GarrarScape)
where you download runescape itself, and log in with the ip garrarscape.no.ip and password (whatever password is)

so do i download mine craft and use Opticraft's IP address on the multi player menu where it says IP?

or am i missing the play button? Thanks

Jericho

• The Thinker
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the play button?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 06:55:12 pm »
To play, just get on minecraft, and put in the servers I.P. address. To do this, first: Get one minecraft and click on the "Multiplayer" button. Second: In the Multiplayer menu, click "Add Server", in add server, their will be two places you can type. The first is "Server Name" In this you can put whatever you want to call the server, although it is recommended to just put "Opticraft" in. The other one is "Server Address" in this you put Opticrafts server I.P. address in, which is: smp.opticraft.net and click done. After this, all you have to do to join is click on opticrafts server, and join. Hope this helps. :)

fishyies

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 07:10:49 pm »
this helps me a lot. I figured this is how it worked since most server's on mine craft are like this! Just to make sure, is the server optic a on.ture.02? or is it an on.ture.01?

Because my computer can only run an 02 server since 01 is outdated by like 2 weeks, and I update the client.jar on minecraft about every week or so. Just a question, and i dont think you'll know unless your the developer. But I'm guessing it's still 01.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 10:23:48 pm »
By on.ture.2, do you mean Version 1.2.5? Because if so, we are currently running 1.2.5.

Version 1.1 was, indeed, quite a few weeks ago.