May 23, 2024, 05:02:14 am

Author Topic: Moderator Application - ViperZeroOne  (Read 8320 times)

Pew1998

• View Profile
Re: Moderator Application - ViperZeroOne
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 04:34:21 pm »
Congrats viper. To think you tried to leave us the otherday :P

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 04:39:20 pm »
Yeah man, u scared me. Great to see you got accepted!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 05:04:39 pm »
Congrats!

zxSM1FFYzx

• I am a Dwarf And i Diggy Diggy Hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 08:28:29 pm »
Congrats :D
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:32:10 pm by zxSM1FFYzx »

matticus21

• 1 hand u-turn
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 09:35:48 am »
Congrats:D

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 03:04:17 pm »
Congrats man, you really deserve it :)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 05:59:02 pm »
Thanks everyone!
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

ScottishChamp

• Only Scottish Moderator?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 09:49:55 pm »
Great to see you are on the accepted side :) well done viper fully deserved! :)

Victor1261

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 07:32:38 pm »
Well done! Bravo my friend!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 10:24:43 pm »
Danke!
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 05:59:05 pm »
Well, my attitude here might piss some of you off, and it obviously doesn't apply to everyone, but I'm fed up...

I'm stepping down as Moderator on this server, and this time I'm not reversing my decision.  I haven't been able to be in-game recently, as stated in my leave notice, but I have still been monitoring the forum and I don't like what I'm seeing.  If Nick or Opti wants to talk more about it privately then I will, but otherwise this message is where it'll end.

Staff attitudes toward players (and other staff members) has gone on a sharp downhill slope.  I've found a lot of "summary judgments" to be far too severe for the crimes people commit.  In other words, there are quite a few staff members that have gone from their job of simply enforcing the rules, to being "enforcers", to being flat-out power trippers.  

I don't know where this attitude of superiority came from, but I want no part of it.  I truly hope Nick and Opti crack down soon on these people because they're really setting bad examples.  I don't think I need to point out specifics, but I will anyway.  The recent "ban appeal" of Xplozziv shows exactly what I'm talking about, but it's by far not the only example.

EDIT:  I applaud you Relkeb for your reply on that topic, but I think you just tossed a small band-aid on a huge wound.

Those of you who are ranked above me as staff can take your noses out of the air, cause I'm not talking here as a Moderator.  I'm talking as a 34 year old adult with YEARS of training and administration experience under my belt.  Things need to change, and in my opinion it's going to take a lot of promotions and demotions for that to happen.  We've gone from one of the best servers to, and I quote, "a big server with power tripping staff members".  A few months ago I would have fought against that statement, but today I happen to agree with it.  Once again I remind you that I'm not talking about all staff members here.  It's just a small group of bad eggs who, in one way or another, can't handle the responsibility they've been given and are giving this server a very bad name.

At any rate, you can either learn something from my leaving or you can just continue applying band-aid solutions to it all.

Sorry Opti and Nick for keeping your hopes alive that I would stick around, but I can't.  Being an online personality I have my own reputation to protect.  I hope you understand, and I wish you a lot of success in the future.  You may remove my moderator privileges at your convenience.  Thank you.

Sorry folks, I'm done... Please move my application to Rejected.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 06:11:03 pm by ViperZeroOne »
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 06:55:00 pm »
Viper...I know I shouldnt be posting here, but no matter what trouble I get into for it, I'm speaking out. You, by far, was one of the best moderators opticraft has ever had. We will all miss you being a mod, but I have to agree on your decision. You have been a huge role model for me. I thank you for that. You have helped countless others proceed to where they are today. Like I said in my earlier statment, you have been one of the best moderators. Keep on truckin'

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 07:34:43 pm »
Viper, even in a sea of mods who may not be the best at what they do and may be power trippin, you are one the good mods that has to be there to set an example. Honestly, you are one of the best mods out there and we need you to be the example for future mods. I completely agree with what your saying and respect your decision, but what happens if all the great mods like you leave? Will Opticraft fall into a dark abyss? Even if this does not change your decision at all, I wish you the best of luck and whatever further things in life you wish to pursue.

Thank you for serving us.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 08:17:13 pm »
Viper, even in a sea of mods who may not be the best at what they do and may be power trippin, you are one the good mods that has to be there to set an example. Honestly, you are one of the best mods out there and we need you to be the example for future mods. I completely agree with what your saying and respect your decision, but what happens if all the great mods like you leave? Will Opticraft fall into a dark abyss? Even if this does not change your decision at all, I wish you the best of luck and whatever further things in life you wish to pursue.

Thank you for serving us.

I appreciate the words Chip, but there comes a time when "Being a good example" means you have to walk away to make people really think about what's going on... and that's exactly what I'm doing.
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 08:18:57 pm »
Viper, like chip said, you are a great mod. I already miss you. I'll carry on club dark. Jk but I will miss you.