May 19, 2024, 01:28:23 am

Author Topic: Dat Bait  (Read 1682 times)

uberratchet

• View Profile
Dat Bait
« on: April 19, 2012, 05:07:00 am »
I was running around and there were 2 enchantment tables sitting right next to each other surrounded by a bunch of abandoned and blown up houses so i decided to take it rather than waste it and boom auto ban haha. I suggest you guys update that auto ban feature so it does not apply for people who are inactive for a certain amount of time, and if someone were to leave and plan on coming back then they would put protection stones on their valuables. Seems pretty lame for active players like myself to get permabanned because we took something that was completely abandoned by a person that doesn't even play. I don't expect to get unbanned because it was technically "Griefing" but I just don't want other innocent people getting banned from a exceptional server  :) Thank you.

Smiteme69

• View Profile
Re: Dat Bait
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 08:46:51 am »
Pretty sure you fell into the trap that was placed on purpose to catch griefers.

Moral of the story, don't take nothing even if its looks battered to hell.
 If it was a real home, the person could of been away for a week, and during that time griefed.
Also not everyone can afford PS at first and I'm pretty sure people are not aware that you get a free PS by signing up.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:22:56 am »
Anti grief bans are 7 days the first time.

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 09:31:13 am »
I was running around and there were 2 enchantment tables sitting right next to each other surrounded by a bunch of abandoned and blown up houses so i decided to take it rather than waste it and boom auto ban haha.

So, what do you think the person that made those enchantment tables is going to do when he comes online? "Oh, thanks person who took my enchanting tables, It's up to your great mind to decide when to take my things" ?

Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

uberratchet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 05:09:22 am »
It was probably some rich guy baiting for fun. If it really was somebody's table then they would've picked them up before they logged off. Not left them in the middle of abandoned houses haha

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 05:39:39 am »
If someone puts some hot pie on the window for it to cool, you don't reserve the right to take it, because the birds may take it, or because that's not where pies should be. Other than that, there were two enchanting tables there... If you needed one, You would've taken one, but you took two. What are you going to do with two enchanting tables?

It's just an indication of a malicious mind.
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

uberratchet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 10:03:30 am »
I actually took one and planned on leaving the other for anyone else passing by because like you said I have no need for 2, and that was more like a pie in a graveyard rather than a pie in a window lol

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 01:52:14 pm »
and that was more like a pie in a graveyard rather than a pie in a window lol

Just saying, if I seen a pie in a graveyard, I'd think "wow somethings not right here" and not eat said pie lol

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 08:56:00 pm »
That's like saying that you found a clean book in a dusty library, and you thought the book is too clean, so you took it.
That's just stealing, you don't do that. As I said, if someone actually lived there, they'd complain that someone stole their enchanting table.

aside from that, almost 80% of griefers, just steal enchanting tables. Most grief calls would be "someone stole my paintings, enchanting tables, and bed"
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء