May 29, 2024, 11:10:34 am

Author Topic: Ban Appeal  (Read 2386 times)

wtylko

• View Profile
Ban Appeal
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:46:37 pm »
Hello everyone,

My name is wtylko and I play on this server a lot. 

When I came on today, I found out that a lot of one of my new buildings was destroyed.  I called for a moderator.  When he came, nothing happened, which was strange.  Then a few minutes later there were three moderators all looking at me.  I asked what they were doing, and they said trying to determine if I had a flying mod or not.  (I do not have a flying mod).  Anyways, they couldn't decide. 

So Logan5353 asked me if I could do a series of jumps over a long distance to see if I was modding.  I did so, and he disappeared.  Some time later Logan5353 messages me and says "he was not modding" but then said he didn't mean to send that to me.  Then I had to go, so I logged off.  Now two hours later, I try to re-log in, and it says I am banned.  Could someone please tell me if this is a mistake, if you want to test me again, or how long my ban is.

Thanks,
wtylko

P.S. would have sent this to Logan5353, but I can never get by that human verification thing.

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:09:53 pm »
You were banned by Arsenic_Shark for flying. It was set to permanent. He has a video. I have talked with Arsenic about this and I am going to let him and Bantam2 handle this for now.

wtylko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:14:38 pm »
I know its extremely hard to believe me, but I did not at all fly.  Can I please see the video?  Is it possible if it was a lag or something, because I was jumping up and down.  Logan, I have spent weeks building my empire here, why would I risk it?  You can't understand how worried I am right now.  Could you tell them to reply?

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 11:19:25 pm »
yes, you may see the video. and as you see there is not lag, or very little at all. The chat runs fine,also logan and  bantam2 are moving without lag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyPGhzygarQ

If you watch the First 5 seconds there is no lag, and you appear to be in the air for 5 seconds without neven moving down as you would if you was jumping. Now if you look at 9 seconds you jump but with out the jumping animation but the way a player does when they are flying. Then at 27 seconds you appear to fly across to me. Later on in the video you see logan AND bantam2 jumping, their legs move when you jumps, when you jump they dont, another sign of using a fly mod. Then the most convincing bit is at 51 seconds. You jump up with no animation even though logan and bantam2 are moving show me to have NO LAG and you to be flying.

I believe this is enough evidence to convict you of the crime.

Also you have been banned before. Does this indicate a patten forming.

Can you explain the evidence, mainly the one at 50 seconds and all of the rest.

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 11:27:06 pm »
Arsenic's video pretty much shows it all. I was the first to tp to you and you were at the ceiling, not even moving around. We I asked you if you were flying (benefit of the doubt, lag), you said you weren't and immediately fell to the ground. I then asked Arsenic to check you out and the rest is on the video.   

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 11:38:59 pm »
Now, even though you may not be receiving any lag on your end, there is no way for us to tell how good a certain user's internet connection is. I see this pretty commonly when other players have poor connection. They appear to be flying for about a second after jumping, but they don't actually continue flying. This really ins't that definitive in my eyes-- it looks more like choppy connectivity for that user specifically. Not everyone's internet is the same-- there are going to be those few "laggers."

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 12:15:52 am »
I agreed with everything Xeadin said.

wtylko

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 02:01:30 am »
Yes I also agree with Xeadin.  If you guys head to the market and you watch people, they are always appearing to be flying.

51 seconds in: Someone pointed out that my body did not make any movement when I jumped to the top of the celing at 51 seconds.  But, at the 12 second mark I did a solo jump with out any part of my body moving.

BanTam2: Said "I asked you if you were flying (benefit of the doubt, lag), you said you weren't and immediately fell to the ground.".  This makes total sense, because for me to talk to you guys back I have to let go of the space bar.(major point)

Like most other people on this server, I was banned before.  However, in America, when you are sent to court, previous cases do not matter.  I already admitted to the other offense, which was small greifing, nothing to do with moding.

I understand that all of you are used to banning people.  This is because they are usually immature, spam, or extreme griefers.  And because your server is growing largely.  I am not one of those people.  I play a ton on this server, and I don't think its fair for you guys to automatically ban me.  I actually am somewhat offended.  You are threating me with a life sentence, when the crime is very debatable.  It is extremely hard to loose a map that you have spent a lot of time on, especially when its survival.  On this map alone I have built over 4 houses, 3 mansions (huge!) and one gigantic mob spawner.

I'd love to be on youtube, but would ask if you take down the video tomorrow, because it consist of my last name, and i'm about to apply to college, where any little thing on the web can risk it.

Moderators and Trusties, Please consider that you are banning me for life, of a crime that you have proof of, but is extremely debatable.  I can assure you that it was lag and not a flying mod.  Why would I risk my entire city to fly?

bantam2

• Oᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ
  • Straight Outta Compton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 03:10:34 am »
I will talk to Arsenic.....about........you being pardoned

Hasan (Tabooti)

• أحسن رجل لبناني
  • Champion Member
  • Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 03:59:31 am »
That's not flying. That's just him jumping, Some people that market reported to me some people who were supposedly flying, but when I looked at the screenshots, they were just jumping.

The thing is, unless they are moving in straight path while above at least 2 blocks, then it's not fly hacks. what you saw was him jumping, and then freezing up in mid air, in comparison to anyone's zombe flymod here, you would know it's not fly hacks.

Just try to replicate what you saw in the video, and you will see that you are going MUCH faster than the video, other than he seems to always go up at the same distance.

Try to replicate what you saw him do with jumping, and try to replicate it in fly mod.
Here are the test results.
http://youtu.be/CT2T4bwobV8

I suggest an admin overrule to arsenic's ban (& pardon)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 04:24:43 am by tabooti »
Honneur. Sacrifice. Fidélité
.شرف. تضحية. وفاء

wtylko

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 07:53:47 pm »
thanks tabooti and bantam2

wtylko

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 12:24:20 pm »
Can someone call an admin over to this to make an decision?  As I mentioned before the human verification things don't work for me so I can't send a message.  Thank you

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 04:22:10 pm »
This happens from time to time, sometimes users appear to be in the ground lol. Unbanned.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:15:14 pm by Nick3306 »
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

wtylko

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 04:42:48 pm »
Thank you nick!