May 22, 2024, 05:54:13 am

Author Topic: Greifers Busted- Ignored by online moderator  (Read 4300 times)

TheFulcan

• Humanity is beginning to scare me.
  • ASK Google NOT FULCAN!!!
    • View Profile
Greifers Busted- Ignored by online moderator
« on: March 30, 2012, 06:18:57 pm »
I was trying to buy something from digger when this happened.
Random people joined the server and just started grieving everything HORRIBLY. I kept telling them to quit and one of them replied "Its youtube" There was an online moderator and I started posting things in the chat about the grief, then I private messaged the moderator and got no response still, I proceeded to use the /helpop command and still nothing. . so the grief got worse and worse while said moderator proceeded to buy and sell diamond tools and ignoring me while i reported grief. Again I ask you this. . why make moderators. . if they do nothing when needed? why make commands if they are not listened too? I have pictures of this event if needed, but im sure it wont matter anyways.

~We all live in a world of blocks~
~I wear shoes you may wear socks~
~Some are demons some are Steve~
~I banned three elves last Xmas eve~
~Some are Bieber some are dead~
~Some are standing on their head~
~Congrats to those who are their own~
~OH my oh my how they have grown~
(guess what it

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
Re: Greifers Busted- Ignored by online moderator
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 07:15:23 pm »
Whom was the moderator that you were attempting to get a hold of?

This usually doesn't happen unless they were also taking care of other griefing outbursts as well, but I will have a talk with this moderator.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 07:28:52 pm »
There may have been a lot of chat spam at the time (just taking a guess here). Sometimes its hard for people to read through all of that. However, if not chat spam, it generally should not be happening if the moderator is only tending to personal matters.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:35:03 pm »
When the chat is really going, you could use /helpop  and we can notice you.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 07:36:48 pm »
your attitude and method of discourse on this matter really leaves me with no sympathy.

a pm to an op or admin with the name of the mod that "ignored" you and a different tone would have resolved this much simpler. now i must call into question your motive to generalize your complaint to encompass all mods and take this small matter to the public forum.

your post just seems like an over generalized whine. I'm sure the mod in question had a reason for not bending over to your problem, and i don't think you understand the difficulty in managing our overpopulated server with a currently difficult set of circumstances for the mods and admins.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:38:13 pm by Xeadin »

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37:23 pm »
I proceeded to use the /helpop command and still nothing. .

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 07:45:43 pm »
I proceeded to use the /helpop command and still nothing. .
my bad
tl;dr

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 08:03:44 pm »
I know this isn't really my place to be posting but /tell is a little bit better then /msg or /whisper as when someone sends me a /msg I usually don't see it at all as it blends in with the other chat. And /tell is coloured which just makes it easier to distinguish.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 08:06:13 pm »
I know this isn't really my place to be posting but /tell is a little bit better then /msg or /whisper as when someone sends me a /msg I usually don't see it at all as it blends in with the other chat. And /tell is coloured which just makes it easier to distinguish.

We don't have /tell since HeroChat was removed because it is no longer being updated by its developers

thedude114

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 10:14:52 pm »
Hmmm...

I saw a troll like this once on yahoo where the troll trolled by telling people that yahoo was shutting down.

What was the mod's name?

TheFulcan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 11:17:38 pm »
1) I'm no snitch, I would rather not give out the mods name. Just notifying that this happened.

2) Dont tell me I do not know how server moderation's go because I was an administrator for KKRO for nearly a year maybe longer before the main owner got sick and left the server to noobs at the task and the server went to shit, thats why i left.

3) it wasnt my problem because the grief was nowhere near anything I had built I was just trying to help the people who were effected.

4) If it really is necessary that the moderator be called out by name Xeadin is the only one I will tell and ONLY if I am private messaged on the server by Xeadin.

END OF TREAD FOR ME!

(guess what it

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 11:44:28 pm »
your attitude and method of discourse on this matter really leaves me with no sympathy.

a pm to an op or admin with the name of the mod that "ignored" you and a different tone would have resolved this much simpler. now i must call into question your motive to generalize your complaint to encompass all mods and take this small matter to the public forum.

your post just seems like an over generalized whine. I'm sure the mod in question had a reason for not bending over to your problem, and i don't think you understand the difficulty in managing our overpopulated server with a currently difficult set of circumstances for the mods and admins.
1) I'm no snitch, I would rather not give out the mods name. Just notifying that this happened.

2) Dont tell me I do not know how server moderation's go because I was an administrator for KKRO for nearly a year maybe longer before the main owner got sick and left the server to noobs at the task and the server went to shit, thats why i left.

3) it wasnt my problem because the grief was nowhere near anything I had built I was just trying to help the people who were effected.

4) If it really is necessary that the moderator be called out by name Xeadin is the only one I will tell and ONLY if I am private messaged on the server by Xeadin.

END OF TREAD FOR ME!

I really don't like it when this turns into a flame wars. The both of you need to set your heads straight, because this is not the time to get into a fight. This is a serious issue that requires an honest answer. If even one of you gets out of the way to stir any more trouble, disciplinary measures WILL be taken to correct the issue. Don't make it any more complicated than it already is. It is seriously disrespectful to get into this kind of argument-- especially in a public forum.

Take it in a PM if you need to personally resolve something-- do not carry it on where it does not belong.

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 07:22:30 am »

We don't have /tell since HeroChat was removed because it is no longer being updated by its developers
Oops sorry about  that, I haven't used it in a while and I had no clue it was removed.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 11:30:25 am »

What would you like us to do about this? We have things in place, and if they are not adhered to the mod is not doing his job, but without knowing who it is, nothing can be done.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Just having a whine?

TheFulcan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 09:55:11 pm »
I talked to Xeadin about the problem, that's what I was trying to get accomplished. Xeadin knows who it was and that is all that honestly needed to be said. There was no flame war, perhaps you read the post incorrectly or it was worded wrong. .
(guess what it