May 19, 2024, 03:56:12 pm

Author Topic: [PROTECTED] ENDERPOLIS®--OFFICIAL CITY IN END [CITIZENSHIP applications: OPEN]  (Read 84796 times)

Skittcat

• View Profile
Re: Enderpolis-- A floating city in THE END
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2012, 01:15:47 pm »
Really arsenic you don't understand bukkit code very well. Moving it will not decrease lag. All worlds work on the same server and the same loop. Moving it will not change that. An idle piston requires no more cpu than any other standing block. in this farm 90% of the pistons are idle 90% of the time. The decreased spawn rate/ mob movement is an issue becuase there is an increased amount of players on the server as a whole, and 1.2.4 is buggy any ways. I have some plugins that will decrease this lag signifigantly if I could be heard out to describe this. But bottom line is that idle pistons and a few melon slices is next to nothing compared to players and mobs. in fact it takes nearly 5 working pistons to create the same delay in the loop as just one mob or player. And thousands and thousands of idle pistons. I promise that farm is NOT the source of lag. the source of lag is the number of players and the number of mobs. That is the fact.

There are other farms and redstone devices that create lag. ones that cycle thousands of pistons every few seconds. this also will be creating lag. My farm does not work like that.  Also please stop ignoring me. It is childish, rude and pathetic.

Skittcat

Skittcat

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2012, 01:23:14 pm »
on a side note. the shear amount of torches it takes to prevent endermen spawning. will also create a lot of client side lag to people who don't have particles turned down

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2012, 01:30:03 pm »
Seems like Skittcat really knows what he's saying and doing..
We have a winner! :D
In all seriousness, I believe the farm does not affect anyone negatively by causing lag.. I myself have not experienced the "lag".
I'll ask someone of higher authority to look into this.
Refrain from arguing, people. Lets stay friendly! ;)

Ps. Skittcat, I'm reading your posts, not ignoring you. ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:32:10 pm by lLLEGAL »

Skittcat

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2012, 01:33:13 pm »
If would please every one. I can design a switch in the farm that will turn it off while not in use. Would this be a fair compramise?

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2012, 01:42:06 pm »
If would please every one. I can design a switch in the farm that will turn it off while not in use. Would this be a fair compramise?
Don't do anything yet.. We'll wait for a more experienced server staff to respond.

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2012, 01:44:58 pm »
Wait, I never said that my farm is spawning less. I said the spawn rate was decreased which also means YOUR exp farm is decreased.

But that was not my main point, my main point was that it is causing lag, and then the mobs lag meaning it is harder for people to kill mobs, so surly that means you are KILLING people which is unfair. So I asked you to move it,

I would also request a admin to see this over,

thank you.
For the 100000000 time melons spawn only when someone is nearby, my farm only activates piston when a Melon grows out. And when no one is nearby, no piston activates, so it won't cause lagg to ppl on the mainland

Did u even ready what I said?!
For the time being font change anything. Please continue works on the farm.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:47:45 pm by D00MKNlGHT »
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2012, 02:01:05 pm »
D00MKNlGHT, I'm not trying to argue here, but in your earlier post you seem to single out my farm for the lag. If you didn't notice I haven't actually complained about any of the lag in this post, so with you singling out my farm is kind of unfair.
I have never bought war upon your town or your farms. I just liked the idea of an exp farm and I came to the conclusion that The End was the best place to build one. So lets just get over this whole argument concerning exp farms and lag, alright?

Also, arsenic_shark didn't make the exp farm, I did. So that post you made is aimed at me? Seems unfair that I haven't actually complained about anything to do with you, now your telling people to blame me for the lag? Seems legit.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:06:30 pm by xDeeKay »

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2012, 02:08:31 pm »
D00MKNlGHT, I'm not trying to argue here, but in your earlier post you seem to single out my farm for the lag. If you didn't notice I haven't actually complained about any of the lag in this post, so with you singling out my farm is kind of unfair.
I have never bought war upon your town or your farms. I just liked the idea of an exp farm and I came to the conclusion that The End was the best place to build one. So lets just get over this whole argument concerning exp farms and lag, alright?
I'll apologise for D00M here, because he'll probably get the wrong message across. :P

D00M was tped over to your farm by arsenic, and soon after, D00M realised that his farm was blocked.
Upon asking dj301, He found out that it was arsenic who told dj to stop it(something like that).
D00M was unhappy when arsenic gave the explanation that it was because of the pistons, when before that, arsenic had shown D00M your exp and boasted about the number of endermen on it(which would mean more piston usage).

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2012, 02:24:07 pm »
Really? you want to turn it into a competition. How mature.

ss, I believe the farm does not affect anyone negatively by causing lag.. I myself have not experienced the "lag".

I can design a switch in the farm that will turn it off while not in use. Would this be a fair compramise?

Yes, that is what I would be happy with, I was just concerned that it was on All the time, even when some random person could be near, I think that would be the best out come. I agree that I don't know the most about bukkit and that's fine. I appreciate you being very cool headed and the only one willing to cooperate here.  

D00M was tped over to your farm by arsenic...arsenic had shown D00M your exp and boasted about the number of endermen on it

Would u like to run around in a huge square and potentially get damaged by Endermans, or would u like to stand on the spot, and spam click at the enderman in front of u who can't hit u.... Derp I will be making a 2nd enderman farm deeper along with city expansion.. The farm will be much better

I was showing D00MKNIGHT how our farm and how it worked and how it had more Endermen in it then his had when i went to his,  

also the quote shows him wanting to make another farm, meaning his 2 farms with have more pistons than Dk's one farm, meaning your why of saying it is all dk's farm's fault is completely invalid. Now D00MKIGHT please drop this, as we had come to an agrrement

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2012, 02:34:02 pm »
Really? you want to turn it into a competition. How mature.

ss, I believe the farm does not affect anyone negatively by causing lag.. I myself have not experienced the "lag".

I can design a switch in the farm that will turn it off while not in use. Would this be a fair compramise?

Yes, that is what I would be happy with, I was just concerned that it was on All the time, even when some random person could be near, I think that would be the best out come. I agree that I don't know the most about bukkit and that's fine. I appreciate you being very cool headed and the only one willing to cooperate here.  

D00M was tped over to your farm by arsenic...arsenic had shown D00M your exp and boasted about the number of endermen on it

Would u like to run around in a huge square and potentially get damaged by Endermans, or would u like to stand on the spot, and spam click at the enderman in front of u who can't hit u.... Derp I will be making a 2nd enderman farm deeper along with city expansion.. The farm will be much better

I was showing D00MKNIGHT how our farm and how it worked and how it had more Endermen in it then his had when i went to his,  

also the quote shows him wanting to make another farm, meaning his 2 farms with have more pistons than Dk's one farm, meaning your why of saying it is all dk's farm's fault is completely invalid. Now D00MKIGHT please drop this, as we had come to an agrrement
I said I make a second farm not two farms, I tear the first one down and rmb melons don't grow when u r not near so no lag.
One more thing I know how all exp farm works.
If u r worried abt random ppl, I add a door at the entrance of my city tunnel.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:53:28 am by D00MKNlGHT »
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2012, 02:34:29 pm »
Oh come on! I was joking! Didn't you read the next part "in all seriousness"?
And its not meant as a competition, in that context, it was just an expression of who seems more believable.
Also, you would request.. But have you told them? Your request is on the thread, mine is via a pm.

Other than that, lets just wait. No more discussions about this, please.
We'll wait for a reply from the more experienced staff.

Peace. :)

SJ321987

• hii
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2012, 02:37:31 pm »
I could lend a helping hand if you need it!!

sj321987
~jenna

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2012, 03:11:39 pm »
I talk to the admins on a frequent basis on mumble, surely that is better then a PM,

I think we have a winner.

iPod u r worried abt random ppl, I add a door at the entrance of my city tunnel.
Also can someone translate this into standard English?

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2012, 04:00:52 pm »
iPod u r worried abt random ppl, I add a door at the entrance of my city tunnel.
Also can someone translate this into standard English?

He is adding a door to the entrance of the city tunnel.

He's probably in a different timezone.

How can I then join the city? I really want to live there...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

Mark_Dutch

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2012, 04:01:50 pm »
I have a house litterally in front of the XP farm -no lag-
But when i go to nether where people build on top of bedrock i do get lag .

Can some one explain  ???