May 19, 2024, 02:08:50 pm

Author Topic: [PROTECTED] ENDERPOLIS®--OFFICIAL CITY IN END [CITIZENSHIP applications: OPEN]  (Read 84788 times)

D00MKNlGHT

• I don't always kill, if I do it's because u stare
    • View Profile
Re: Enderpolis-- A floating city in THE END
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2012, 05:15:11 am »
3 things.

1. Gratz Kian! You totally deserved this :P

2. D00M, can we really have multiple "Vice-Mayors"? hmm...

3. Also, what does that make me? Vice Mayor of the Enderman Farm or overall Vice-Mayor?

You are the vice mayor of overall but maintains the exp farm, kian is vice mayor of overall but maintain the auto melon farm
By the way I removed my post, your post made mine look stupid haha.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2012, 06:27:21 am »
3 things.

1. Gratz Kian! You totally deserved this :P

2. D00M, can we really have multiple "Vice-Mayors"? hmm...

3. Also, what does that make me? Vice Mayor of the Enderman Farm or overall Vice-Mayor?

You are the vice mayor of overall but maintains the exp farm, kian is vice mayor of overall but maintain the auto melon farm
ah thanks. :D

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2012, 07:38:40 am »
*UPDATE
There are 4 types of plots in the nether theme section, 10*10 tax 400,20*20 tax 800,14*10 tax 700 and 10*34 tax 800.
You can buy side by side plots if u notify me, before the plots are taken.

lLLEGAL

• Recruit Operator
  • Champion Member
  • Legacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2012, 09:40:48 am »
cant wait to see the finished thing
your also lucky that the ender dragon is dead because it would destroy everything :P
The good news is, we are 100% Enderdragon-Proof!
With the well built endstone cage, the dragons are kept at bay, making Enderpolis the safest place to live in the End.

Skepter

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2012, 09:45:40 am »
Can't Enderdragons fly through end stone?

Quote from: yajeetz
'Fail, fail a tragic loss. The more you lose, the more you're boss'

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2012, 09:57:09 am »
Can't Enderdragons fly through end stone?
:P  read this http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/End_stone
That's y enderpolis is the most awesome :D

* UPDATE

5 More 63*63 platforms will be added and each VICE MAYOR will be in charged of one theme area( one theme area = 2 platforms) A NEW SPAWN WILL BE MADE OCCUPYING ONE PLATFORM, the mayor and vice mayor will have their houses there..Stay tuned for more updates.
Due to the contributions made to the MELON FARM, Expansion, railway, and being VERY ACTIVE,KIAN1354 has been promoted to VICE MAYOR, and will have access to the exp farm for FREE and will be able to allocate plots to new CITIZENS... Hope u keep up the awesome work kian :)
Kian plz maintain the farm every time u login by checking the repeaters... Ty
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:06:25 am by D00MKNlGHT »

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2012, 10:24:50 am »
Alright my friends of Enderpolis. I have some bad news.

The melon farm is now disabled (because its closed/blocked up) and it will be dismantled soon perhaps. I have talked to a mod recently and they informed me that our melon farm is lagging the entire "End", making everything a lot slower. It means that players will have a hard time in enderman farms, either not getting many enderman or dying by enderman because of lag. It also means enderman and enderdragons might die a lot slower and kill alot more people in general because of all the lag.

I'm sorry for these unfortunate events but I am working on a solution and I hope to work on it quickly with D00M, Kian1354 and Skittcat (who built our great farm).

Thank you.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:34:09 am by DJAlphaWolf »

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2012, 11:15:56 am »
Alright my friends of Enderpolis. I have some bad news.

The melon farm is now disabled (because its closed/blocked up) and it will be dismantled soon perhaps. I have talked to a mod recently and they informed me that our melon farm is lagging the entire "End", making everything a lot slower. It means that players will have a hard time in enderman farms, either not getting many enderman or dying by enderman because of lag. It also means enderman and enderdragons might die a lot slower and kill alot more people in general because of all the lag.

I'm sorry for these unfortunate events but I am working on a solution and I hope to work on it quickly with D00M, Kian1354 and Skittcat (who built our great farm).

Thank you.
The farm will not be destroyed or removed UNTIL i confirm it.... FIRSTLY our city is damn far from the mainland, so as long as no one load the chunks, the farm wont activate.... SECONDLY our piston activates slowly one at a time after every few MINUTES, so even if the block update it does NOT CAUSE LAG...THIRDLY please blame xdeekay and arsenic shark EXP FARM FOR THE LAG THEY USE TONS OF PISTONS, and since tons of enderman spawns in the farm, massive BLOCK UPDATE, hence lag...

So dear Arsenic please do some research, if u stop my melon farm which loads LESS block update, YOUR exp farm GOES DOWN, cause it causes much more lagg, as every enderman spawned CAUSE 1 UPDATE and since yours GOT TONNES its causes TONNES of lag...

Skittcat

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2012, 11:22:45 am »
ABOUT THE "lag"

The melon farm in Enderopolis is as far as melon farms go VERY LIGHT WEIGHT.
In order to understand ou need to understand how block up dates work. First block updates happen NO MATTER WHAT. a piston is treated like any other block when an update happens. it checks for state. the ONLY time a piston takes up extra cpu is when it is activate. otherwise it creates little to no more usage than dirt. IF AND ONLY IF a melon is present the block is updated. otherwise it is looked over just like any other block. this is the trugh on how minecraft block up dates work. If any one gets lag while in the end or the nether is is client side based on particles. not cause of pistons.. If you don't beleive me learn java and tear the code apart as I have done!

Skittcat

DeweyMeister

• Just chillin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2012, 11:27:42 am »
ok so i have been playing minecraft now for a long time i know about how the block updates work and the way the melon farm is designed is that it only lags when there is melons active and therefore not very often, as this is the case it is more likely to be the exp farms that are causing the lag because 1 endermen produces just as much maybe even more than a piston and the farm is only using 1, 2 or 3 at a time max, thats more than an exp farm, its just common sence.

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2012, 11:32:59 am »
FIRSTLY our city is damn far from the mainland, so as long as no one load the chunks, the farm wont activate

Do your research, in the end there is 1 chunk or, no chunks. Meaning where ever you are there is still the same lag issue.

SECONDLY our piston activates slowly one at a time after every few MINUTES, so even if the block update it does NOT CAUSE LAG...THIRDLY please blame xdeekay and arsenic shark EXP FARM FOR THE LAG THEY USE TONS OF PISTONS, and since tons of enderman spawns in the farm, massive BLOCK UPDATE, hence lag...

secondly if we are not there then no enderman will spawn, and if they do then no more will spawn as there will be a maximum number of enderman in the end. Meaning there will be no pistons activated, where was your pistons still go even if no one is there and because not many people are in the end all them melon slices wont de-spawn, which cause lag. Also by you now going to day that "you kill the enderman will drop pearls is rubbish, when they are dropped, we pick them up, also there wont be as many as melon slices.

On another note, I didn't say get rid of it, I said MOVE it. Use a portal to go to the nether and use it there. There is also a positive there which if you had DONE YOUR RESEARCH then you would know that there is more light levels in the nether  so faster spawning melons.

Also on the note of "no lag melon farm" there is lag from the constantly created melon slices, so don't give me that mis-understood phrase from "the farm creator" about "no Lag".

Skittcat

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2012, 11:37:36 am »
First. The pistons/melons/ everything about it will not load if no one is close enough to load that chunk.
second,  you should probably learn the distance on chunks that load. it is probably bigger than youthink. The farm is WAY
   far enough away it won't laod at main land. The exp farm is not.
Third melon slices do unload. actually they only stay there for 5 minutes

if no one is there. it won't run. if it isn't running it isn't causing lag. block updates on ly happen on laoded chunks. regaurdless of the cause of them.
Finally entities cause WAY WAY WAY  more lag than idle pistons. since idle pistons only get checked periodicly where as entities (endermen) get check EVERYTICK)

Please go learn minecraft code before you do anything rude

Skittcat

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2012, 11:39:49 am »
Also Arsenic, bud, I have a name  not "farm creator" I would like to be treated as a person please. I do the same to you.

D00MKNlGHT

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2012, 11:40:46 am »
FIRSTLY our city is damn far from the mainland, so as long as no one load the chunks, the farm wont activate

Do your research, in the end there is 1 chunk or, no chunks. Meaning where ever you are there is still the same lag issue.

SECONDLY our piston activates slowly one at a time after every few MINUTES, so even if the block update it does NOT CAUSE LAG...THIRDLY please blame xdeekay and arsenic shark EXP FARM FOR THE LAG THEY USE TONS OF PISTONS, and since tons of enderman spawns in the farm, massive BLOCK UPDATE, hence lag...

secondly if we are not there then no enderman will spawn, and if they do then no more will spawn as there will be a maximum number of enderman in the end. Meaning there will be no pistons activated, where was your pistons still go even if no one is there and because not many people are in the end all them melon slices wont de-spawn, which cause lag. Also by you now going to day that "you kill the enderman will drop pearls is rubbish, when they are dropped, we pick them up, also there wont be as many as melon slices.

On another note, I didn't say get rid of it, I said MOVE it. Use a portal to go to the nether and use it there. There is also a positive there which if you had DONE YOUR RESEARCH then you would know that there is more light levels in the nether  so faster spawning melons.

Also on the note of "no lag melon farm" there is lag from the constantly created melon slices, so don't give me that mis-understood phrase from "the farm creator" about "no Lag".
Dear arsenic 330+ blocks away from the mainland where ppl kill enderdragon is even further then ur exp farm, and melons spawns only if u are near it. Stop giving excuses, if ur enderman spawn slowly it's becAuse of ppl KILLING ENDERDRAGON IN THE MAINLAND AND NOT MY DAMN FARM.

Our farm activates ONLY IF A MELON BLOCK SPAWNS, if not it won't be activated, meet me ingame to see it in action BEFORE SCREWWING WITH IT... Skittcat please continue with the 2nd tower, I believe arsenic thinks this farm works on a clock system, so it's a misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 12:26:10 pm by D00MKNlGHT »

arsenic_shark

• If you need me, I have a PM ;)
    • View Profile
    • My twitter
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2012, 12:33:42 pm »
Wait, I never said that my farm is spawning less. I said the spawn rate was decreased which also means YOUR exp farm is decreased.

But that was not my main point, my main point was that it is causing lag, and then the mobs lag meaning it is harder for people to kill mobs, so surly that means you are KILLING people which is unfair. So I asked you to move it,

I would also request a admin to see this over,

thank you.