May 07, 2024, 08:42:41 am

Author Topic: Necrotic Ziggurat  (Read 4052 times)

Interbane

• View Profile
Necrotic Ziggurat
« on: June 22, 2012, 12:41:04 am »
UPDATE:  I've defined an area that's ready to be excavated.  All cobble goes to Cora's Wonderland/Falador(I have enough stockpiled for the ziggurat).  

The crescents are ready to be transcribed upwards and downwards.

The skull on top is almost finished.  Perhaps it already is, I've barely taken a look at it, I'm staying out of Sircy's way.

I still need Nether brick and Sandstone.  I'm down to a double chest of each.  
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:53:11 pm by Interbane »

Interbane

• View Profile
Re: Necrotic Ziggurat
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 08:06:37 pm »
The request is sort of nebulous. 

Overall scope: a necro themed ziggurat from sky limit to bedrock.  Inside will be hollow vacuoles, each with it's own distinct theme.  It will be sectioned into a 3D "triforce" internally, with safe falls between levels.  The bottom will be catacombs, up to depth 20, so void fog doesn't affect the bottom level of decorated areas.  Catacombs will be rows of pillars like Mines of Moria.

The outside will be soul sand, nether rack, and nether brick.  Nether brick will be the "structure, with soul sand inlaid with netherrack "veins" as fleshy outer rings between the nether brick structure.  The fleshy "rings" that make up the exterior will have massive spikes protruding, curving upward.  The top will be a massive skull with an open mouth as the throne room, and lava flowing through the teeth.

The landscape around will slope down from far away, with rivers of water and lava and buildings here and there.  Perhaps some farms.

Since large projects fail from lack of ambition, progress be made in a sequence that leaves a fully finished product as each subtask is completed.  For example, full functioning catacombs at first.  I foresee completing this in time, as that's just the way I am.

Here's what I need people for:

-Mining.  It will be sky limit to bedrock.  The base will be quite wide.  Well-defined "chunks will be defined for clearing.
-Resource collectors.  Each theme will take some specific building materials, each with it's own vault. 
-Artisans.  I hope some of the better builders will be willing to help.  I know Sircy has a flair for the artistic.  Adding art to the inside of each massive chamber.
-Polishers.  Some menial tasks of collecting animals, planting trees, placing vines, etc.
-Donations. If my choice of location isn't under city protection, I'll need P-Stones.

DiamondKnight629

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2012, 11:19:03 pm »
Well I dont own a town but ill be happy to help

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 01:18:50 am »
Thanks.

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:34:14 pm »
I need a place to write the stuff down, so it might as well be this thread.

Sircy, thanks for offering to help with the skull.  Oversized canines may help the problem of pixelated teeth.  Go vampire!

Mike Weirauch is onboard with helping as well.  Thanks.  Infrastructure, catacombs, and anything else that suits your fancy. 

It'll take a day or two after the member+ world goes live to survey an area and plot the points.  Naturally, I'd like it to be in a city, or near a city. 

It will take a few months to build, in bits and pieces. 

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 07:26:34 pm »
Shooting for 200x200.

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 05:54:09 pm »
I'll update the original post in this thread with progress. 

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 08:14:48 pm »
The second to last crescent is in the air now. 

Sircy's skull is now the Skull Vault, but will not be optimized until after a few weeks use to discern usage patterns. 

A donor wall is up inside the skull.

I'll be building fancy penthouse suites hanging from the netherbrick struts this week. 

The center is ready to be dug down to bedrrock.

The last crescent is ready for excavation as soon as the one Timothythe3rd is working on is finished. 

Safe falls are installed to 3 of the crescents and the center.  Near the center drop, there is a chest loaded with enchanted tools for diggers.

The chicken coop built by Aristodemes has an automatic egg dispensary, and a wall of arrow-loaded dispensers to kill large quantities of chickens at once.  All items drop down to a pickup area around the side of the building.  Eggs spawn continuously, and chicken meat/feathers when the lever is pulled.

Interbane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 10:05:14 pm »
The infrastructure is mostly complete.  I will be accepting applications for residents very soon.  I'm currently sectioning off plots for VIP's and Members. 

I will have screenshots in the near future.  Go to /home interbane for a good outside view.

X_CHARGER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 12:41:07 am »
Dude when I was looking for my castle on the member world i found your BAD@$$. I was freaking out at how big and freaking awesome that skull looked I would love to help out if possible. And I am really wanting to join this place of awesomeness as soon as possible. Check out my nanoblock creations post on the topic I could build you some thing of you like.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 05:24:22 pm »
Interbane, I like this project, especially the throne room.  I am on my phone so I can't see the pics (stupid blackberry curve, need a new phone lol) but from reading it, it sounds great!  I will view it on the computer when I can.  Anyways, what can I donate to you?  If you need any help, msg me :-)
Edit:  I found out there are no pics
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 07:57:23 pm by FNV »