May 18, 2024, 08:17:37 am

Author Topic: Moderator Application - Sinnikin (Please Reject)  (Read 5970 times)

Rezathin (Logan5353)

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application - Sinnikin
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 10:44:36 pm »
Congratz! If you ever have any questions you can ask me. Have fun being Mod!

Sinnikin

• The Dogtor is IN
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application - Sinnikin
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 11:39:02 pm »
Dear Staff,

This was not an easy decision to make; it is with reluctance that I’m submitting this letter. I am grateful for the time I've had with the moderators, and am happy that I was able to work with you all for the duration I have. Although my time being a moderator has been, on the whole, satisfying and productive, until today I was under the false impression that I would still have time to myself for my personal projects and general game play on the server.

I was informed today that as a moderator, you do not get any breaks or time to yourself to actually play.

When I submitted my application, I was doing so to donate the time I was able to help lift some of the burden off the mods' shoulders, and sincerely assist with helping others. If I had known that it would mean sacrificing the entirety of my time online, I would not have wasted yours and submitted this application.

Therefore, it is with regret that I ask you to accept this as my resignation from the Moderator Trial rank. If I can help to train any replacements or new recruits, please let me know. I am sorry for any trouble this causes, and do not wish any ill will.

I have enjoyed working with you all and appreciate the opportunities I have been given here. I wish the Moderators, operators and admin much success in the future.

Sincerely,

Sinnikin

Edit: Also, if you need my screenshots for all of my proof for banning records, I am more than willing to send the folder.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:04:22 am by Sinnikin »

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application - Sinnikin (Please Reject)
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 11:42:53 pm »
Wait, youre going to quit because I said that? Already? Its not that bad. You normally get time off when the guests arent on. Its just because of 1.2.4. You dont have to leave, we need you D:

Sinnikin

• The Dogtor is IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 12:10:08 am »
Wait, youre going to quit because I said that? Already? Its not that bad. You normally get time off when the guests arent on. Its just because of 1.2.4. You dont have to leave, we need you D:

Please, do not take it personally. D: I made the mistake of assuming being a moderator would be similar to the Beekin Program of Furcadia.

We had badges that allowed us to toggle when we were on and off duty. When we wished to help out we merely turned on our badges and fulfilled our duties. We decided how long and when we would help. I love being able to help, but I did not realize that it would not be on my terms. I have a lot of big projects that I want to do, and if I had known that being a moderator meant sacrificing the entirety of my free time, rather than only the time I wished to donate, I would not have wasted your guys' time with this application.

If there were a way to be a part-time moderator, I would be more than willing to do so. My initial plan was to be on duty from 9am-5pm EST Monday through Friday. I wanted to keep the weekends to myself so I could work on my own projects and have a break. But I misjudged that it requires that you help every/any time you log in to the server.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:13:45 am by Sinnikin »

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 03:33:19 am »
You are an excellent mod. Please do not quit.
As for you concerns about free time, I have two things to say:
1) It's not always this busy. There will be slow times in which you can take time for yourself, perhaps taking turns with the mods that are online.
2) Discuss with the admins to see if they'd be willing to give time off for mods who are on very often like you are. Maybe we could implement a system in which mods can "earn" time off after a certain amount of time spent actively modding.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:00:39 pm by Your_Mine »
All your mine are belong to me.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 03:45:19 am »
We honestly don't care if you take time off, we would just prefer it not be on the servers busiest days (The weekends) That is when we need moderators the most.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Sinnikin

• The Dogtor is IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 04:53:52 am »
We honestly don't care if you take time off, we would just prefer it not be on the servers busiest days (The weekends) That is when we need moderators the most.

-Hours-
I am on almost daily from 8am - 5pm EST and am more than willing to put in at the least 2-3 hours a day, if not more. I shouldn't need to reduce my availability unless I get a job.

When I applied, and was accepted, I assumed there was an understanding with the hours I mentioned. I said I was on almost daily (almost being not the weekends, I should have just said Monday through Friday) from 8am to 5pm; meaning I am normally online for 9 hours, between those times. I also stipulated that I was capable of moderating 2-3 of those hours, if not more, without trouble. If I had known that this was not agreed to and was a problem, I would not have applied.

My fiancee works two jobs, 7 days a week. I only get to see him after 6pm every week day (that's if he doesn't work late), and spend quality time together on the weekends. Unfortunately, I can not let myself volunteer time on the weekend. When/if I am online on the weekend, I am spending that time playing/hanging with my Fiancee and working on our big projects. It is not fair to him that I have to constantly go back and forth between help requests on the days that we are capable of spending together. This is the reason I am stepping down. If being a moderator means that I have to give up my gameplay/time with my fiancee on the weekends, then I would rather not be a mod. I'm sorry, but my fiancee comes first.

I appreciate everyone's encouraging words and input, but I have made up my mind. I am sorry to have wasted your time, and I wish you all the best of luck.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 05:12:01 am by Sinnikin »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 12:27:07 pm »
Alright.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »
It's sad to see you resign :/
Also Nick, I believe you forgot to change Sinnikin's forum rank.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 01:59:32 pm by xDeeKay »

Sinnikin

• The Dogtor is IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 03:29:02 pm »
It's sad to see you resign :/
Also Nick, I believe you forgot to change Sinnikin's forum rank.

Yes, and when a moderator+ gets online, please see me ingame. I am stuck in god mode, and I have moderator items that need to be returned (bedrock, water, fire, firecharge).

Thank you,
       Sinnikin

Edit: I've returned the bedrock, water, fire and firecharge to Logan5353. I just need to have my godmode removed.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:03:17 pm by Sinnikin »

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 10:59:36 pm »
Sorry to hear about your resignation, you did a really good job, hope your projects come together well. :)