May 03, 2024, 10:47:56 am

Author Topic: Shinannigans on the minecraft.net multiplayer server list  (Read 5714 times)

Warhead

• View Profile
Re: Shinannigans on the minecraft.net multiplayer server list
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 11:27:30 pm »
As to who I know at mojang, I went to minecon and got in with some programers and software engineers there who work for mojang. I have personal emails for a few contacts in mojang. All I need is someone there who can tip of Jeb of the problem so it can be sorted out.

So you'll be able to back up your evidence that you went to minecon with the cape that you recieve for your character guy, correct?

I could show you my cape, but it no longer means anything. There are 300 mods out there that will give your character the creeper cape from minecon. Please reference http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/482814-123-capecraft-updated-31112/

EliteDelta

• Custom Title:
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 11:32:12 pm »
I agree with you completely about the cape mods, but every single one of them requires people to have the same mod to see your cape.

noobies411

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 11:32:46 pm »
People, stop yelling at this guy. Warhead, if you have a question, please personal message our server owner, optical.
How bout locking this topic?

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 11:34:55 pm »
People, stop yelling at this guy. Warhead, if you have a question, please personal message our server owner, optical.

Look, if you have anything useful to say, please say it. If not, please keep quiet. I have noticed that on this topic you are continually posting useless posts.
Thanks.

Warhead

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 11:36:56 pm »
I agree with you completely about the cape mods, but every single one of them requires people to have the same mod to see your cape.

But you are still missing the point. I am merely the messenger. My integrity means nothing because the facts are out there. I am merely bringing this to light on the forum of the perpetrating party. I am merely attracting attention to the topic, getting some discussion about it, and making sure that optical sees it so he can defend his actions and make a response.

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 11:38:56 pm »

Look, if you have anything useful to say, please say it. If not, please keep quiet. I have noticed that on this topic you are continually posting useless posts.
Thanks.
Actually, he has a point.
I'm going to lock this, since really only the admins or optical will have anything meaningful to tell this guy.  The rest of us honestly know nothing about the server coding, and thus are just not helping.

Warhead, if you feel you need to say something else, either pm me to unlock this, or pm optical about it.
All your mine are belong to me.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 12:35:48 am »
Your explanation of how the list works is incorrect. The list does not reset itself. The reason servers uptimes are reset is because they do not establish a connection within a certain period of time. We have no way around this, and we are reset on occasion when the server it is running on has minor connection issues, etc. You clearly have not observed this for long enough to realise.

Also, your history of the list is incorrect. The first version of the list sorted by uptime. It was then changed to have no order, bar that the results were pulled out of the database. Finally, it was changed to sort by players, and then by uptime again. There really is no trick to maintaining a high uptime on there other than having a reliable server, and pinging/heartbeating into minecraft.net frequently to avoid dropping out.

There is no abuse of the system here. I frown upon abusers, and I am sure Mollstam will find nothing unusual about our server. So kindly take your baseless accusations elsewhere.

If you would like to discuss this further, send me a PM. There is no foul play, and if you actually check our ingame uptime using /sinfo - you will see that the server very rarely gets restarted.