June 16, 2024, 08:16:48 am

Author Topic: The Opticraft Suggestion Thread  (Read 4881 times)

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Opticraft Suggestion Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 09:12:33 pm »
While we are suggesting things, I think more worlds (Possibly by rank) would be good. As in a guest world (Everyone can access), a member world (Member+) and a trusted world (Trusted+) would help the server. It would reduce the workload of mods (Pretty much only guests would ever be griefed), give member and trusted a better world, and stop anyone who doesn't want to be griefed having to walk a long, long way to find a place to call home.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 10:32:21 pm »
Optical is pretty much planning on this to happen. The way he has it worded as of right now is the current world as the Member+ world and a new 'Main' world for new players that has all the implemented biomes for the 1.2.4 seed.

That's just one of the few things he has that's pending for a much needed "refacing" of the server.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 10:38:20 pm »
Optical is pretty much planning on this to happen. The way he has it worded as of right now is the current world as the Member+ world and a new 'Main' world for new players that has all the implemented biomes for the 1.2.4 seed.

That's just one of the few things he has that's pending for a much needed "refacing" of the server.

Doesn't that mean that members+ basically get screwed over? They get the old, griefed to hell world without jungle biomes. That seems kinda unfair :S Let the griefers have the griefed map, let the guests fight over the last few trees. The players who are more "part" of the community shouldn't have to bear the brunt of that. If it was me organising it, I would make 2 worlds, one that anyone can join, and another that you can apply for or whatever.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 11:01:24 pm »
Again, this is only what I have heard. I'm not sure what he is going to do exactly, but something is going to happen when he finds the time.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2012, 03:35:47 am »
As of right now we plan to make the current world the guest world. I should remind you that nothing is finalized though.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2012, 07:43:20 am »
The difference with the builder apps is that you can reject someone because they don't build big enough, or detailed enough. With mod apps, all we look at is whether we think you would make a good mod or not, so that would be the only explanation we would give. Sure we could brake it down into things like immaturity, and a lack of trust, but we would prefer to keep personal feelings intact. Plus, the last time I gave a reason for rejecting a mod app, the entire forum went crazy.
He has a point there...

smd75jr

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2012, 01:58:51 pm »
The difference with the builder apps is that you can reject someone because they don't build big enough, or detailed enough. With mod apps, all we look at is whether we think you would make a good mod or not, so that would be the only explanation we would give. Sure we could brake it down into things like immaturity, and a lack of trust, but we would prefer to keep personal feelings intact. Plus, the last time I gave a reason for rejecting a mod app, the entire forum went crazy.

Went crazy?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 02:37:17 pm »

Went crazy?
Yes, It was before you were here.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Kian

• PSN: X_Kian57_X
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:18 pm »

Went crazy?
Better off not knowing...tip: accept the rejection and don't try to stand up...