May 07, 2024, 11:24:08 am

Author Topic: Shop Zones  (Read 2011 times)

CrazyGamer2000

• View Profile
Shop Zones
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:02:12 am »
I know the markets great but you got to admit
it's pretty expensive so why not make some player made shops in the towns.
Now no one cares about the towns execpt to get to the build zones so why not
make the great looking towns useful and make them into shops that the players can rent
for a minecraft day. Then the market could have some competition and noobs like me
could have a chance of making money. Also the shops should be specified like a mob shop would
sell items from mobs because then players wouldn't yell at eachother for selling the same objects.
(Well they probably will anyway but it would be less fighting that way). Also the warp market
doesn't sell everything so people could go to towns and trade for or buy items they can't get
in the market. The last thing is that you can only destroy the blocks you place in the towns so if
you decide to build your own shop in the towns if it gets too crowded.

leafel45

• View Profile
Re: Shop Zones
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:05:58 am »
i think crazygamer i right have your oun player shop would be cool. does this server have iconomy mod the you can make shop anywhere, except protected areas. ;D ;D ;D
when the world is unbalanced i come in to give it life

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:13 am »
this topic -> http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,7250.0.html

is basically proposing the same thing.

my long answer to this suggestion can be found in that topic. as for a short answer: it's a more complicated issue than it seems.

CAPPERR96

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 03:57:22 am »
I would really like it if we were able to buy and sell thing in our own shops at what ever price we want that would be awesome. :)

cjjman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 04:02:20 am »
that is a great idea  :)

CAPPERR96

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 05:44:57 am »
can you please make it so people can make their own shop because that would be cool and very fun.

Kian1354

• Trusted Opticraft Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 02:40:16 am »
This has been suggested several times and the fact is that it will most likely never happened. On several occasions Xeadin has said that this server is trying to be as "vanilla" as possible. This would take out the "survival" factor and the ops don't want that. Don't take this the wrong way...I would love to have player shops, but it will most likely never happen   :(

However, you can still make a shop, but without the "right-click" to buy signs. Lots of players make shops, but the work is manual meaning you have to be there to do the transaction. Another alternative to a shop is a melon farm. You can sell melon blocks at the market for 15 dollars. This is a great way to make money and it will also give you food. Good Luck  :D