May 23, 2024, 09:42:42 am

Author Topic: New Map Format (1.2)  (Read 8178 times)

Persianskitty

• View Profile
Re: New Map Format (1.2)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 08:15:04 pm »
Zombie Pigmen have a rare chance to drop a Golden Helmet, Gold Ingot, Golden Sword, or an Enchanted Golden Sword.
Zombies have a rare chance to drop an Iron Ingot, Iron Helmet, Iron Shovel, or Iron Sword, thus making iron a renewable resource.

I wonder if there is a way to remove those items from the drops, because that could be a problem if someone made a zombie farm and went afk for a few hours.
How is it a problem, it is the reality of the game.

Melons are in the process of being removed from the market due to the players being able to just go afk and become millionaires. (From what I have heard from a few people, at least).

I don't see how this is a different situation whatsoever.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 10:03:23 pm »
Melons make no money whatsoever. It is $15 per melon. Instead of removing them, make them $1 each.

---><--- Click the monkey

Persianskitty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 10:54:37 pm »
Yes, but if I were to go out with my plan, you would be making 300k per harvest, for a small investment.

Nick did not agree with my plans, and I don't see why zombie farming (Which would take close to no effort whatsoever to make in comparison to my idea) should be allowed either.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 10:55:56 pm »
I use my melon farm for food supply, not money. So, I don't mind you crashing the prices on melons, but it's still dumb to remove them imo, just crash the prices like relkeb did to endstone.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:58:09 pm by Mr_Mr_Mr »

Persianskitty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »
Then again, we are not talking about melons right now. Those are already in the process of being solved. The problem at hand is farming iron ingots off of zombies.

To get to the point, it could have a large effect on the economy and would most likely be a turn for the worst.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 10:59:37 pm »
Well anyone can use the method, so I don't see how it's crashing the eco. This goes with both melons and the zombies.

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 01:06:06 pm »
Maximum build height has been increased to 256 (was 128)

Well I know what I'm going to build next after I finish my Community's Tower :)

On a different note:
Melons are in the process of being removed from the market due to the players being able to just go afk and become millionaires. (From what I have heard from a few people, at least).
Honestly that's a bit of an exaggeration imo Persian.  True that melon farms are somewhat profitable but people have to harvest them and maintain them (aka fix damage from griefers).  I have been using a melon farm to make money so I can buy supplies for my projects but honestly I dont see myself becoming a millionaire anytime soon. I'm only at 10k right now 

I don't think it's abusing the system because it still requires work, just like mining or any other process.  On top of that why is it an issue if ppl are rich?  I'm just curious...

Also the zombie farming idea-
If ppl can farm mobs for common drops why is it bad for them to farm mobs for rare drops? It's not like ppl will get an iron ingot EVERY time and besides, I agree with Claw and Tobs (srry Spikey). 

I feel that it would requre less effort to just go to a local mineshaft and find iron/gold. It'd be even easier to grow pumpkins/melons, sell them and use the profit to buy iron/gold (I do that alot when I don't have time to mine for like 3 iron).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:09:23 pm by tbpb2010 »

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 01:18:02 pm »
(srry Spikey).

Lol, Dont be, everybody has a right to voice a different opinion, just cause somebody doesnt agree with my decision, doesn't make me mad or anything :)

tbpb2010

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 01:20:25 pm »
(srry Spikey).

Lol, Dont be, everybody has a right to voice a different opinion, just cause somebody doesnt agree with my decision, doesn't make me mad or anything :)

Yeah I forgot, it's a force of habit :) I tend to forget there are ppl online who don't throw a rage fit when there's a person who disagrees with them.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 03:14:54 pm »
I don't think melon prices or item drops should be removed or changed.
That's the game, that's market, that's profit.
You don't see KFC have only one or two chicken to produce their food because someone doesn't allow them to have more. It's stupid.

Soon, mining will be restricted too or what?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 03:46:16 pm »
I don't think melon prices or item drops should be removed or changed.
That's the game, that's market, that's profit.
You don't see KFC have only one or two chicken to produce their food because someone doesn't allow them to have more. It's stupid.

Soon, mining will be restricted too or what?

No, but depending on how rare the drops are, they could be removed since people could just make a mob trap by a zombie spawner and go afk for hours and get rich. But like I said, it depends on how rare they are talking about.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2012, 04:06:47 pm »
From what I read on mojang.com, they made those special mob drops even MORE rare. and I didn't even know mobs would drop that atuff, so that should be rare enough.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 08:03:32 pm »
Pretty sure its like a 2% chance, and say a mob spawns every 5 seconds, that is one every 250 seconds, or 4 minutes, 10 seconds (I could have got maths wrong, worked it out in my head quickly! :P ). If you are in a cave system, you can find iron every say, 30 seconds - a minute (At the least). And when you find iron, they are almost always in a group of 4+. So that means that mining is 16.16 times more efficient than using a mob trap. Again, that is just some quick calculations, but I think it shows how much of a gimmick this really is.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 08:08:43 pm »
I read that the new Map with the new height, is a new world.
You know how they added Flatland?
Well, this one is called "Anvil"
So I think for us to be able to get it, is by doing a map reset.
Which we all know it's not going to happen.

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 08:29:16 pm »
Mojang said it's possible with the addition of a file or so the the save, to alter an older version's hight