May 31, 2024, 08:41:58 am

Author Topic: Author's Chair  (Read 20864 times)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Re: Author's Chair
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2012, 02:57:03 am »
To my mc sister, that was pure awesome sauce :P

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2012, 01:51:08 am »
Offtopic Forum Needs a Necro

And my story

Abstract Art

Bad Streets

“I told you... I will be there,” he heard the line drop on the other end and a weird feeling washed over him.  The chair he was sitting in rumbled, quickly jumping out of his chair, as he turned around and saw a little mouse crawl its way out. “Stupid mice, always sneaking inside my dang apartment,” Kipp said as he grabbed a holey backpack with overspray from paint covering it.

The old lady from down the hall got locked out again, this time it was late at night.  He heard her cry for help as his hand reached for the door.  “Guess I’m gonna take the fire escape tonight,” Kipp said to himself.  He drug his feet as he walked toward the already propped open window sill, while he ducked under the window Kipp looked back into his small one bedroom apartment, again hearing the old lady cry for help.

As Kipp jumped down off of the fire escape into a puddle he looked down the alleyway...graffiti plastering the walls.  But something was different there was blood on the back door to the old bank.

The van pulled up and the door was flung open.

“Get in already,” the man from the phone yelled from the backseat, “Common’ get in already,” Isaac, a mysterious man yelled again as he stepped out of the van. He yelled as stepping out of the van ,“dude get in the freaking van!”

“Isaac, look at the blood on the wall...” he trailed off.

“Okay, okay it is blood,” Isaac pulled Kipp into the van, “we have seen it before nothing new.”

Everything got dark.

What happened... my head is throbbing.

I can’t move.

Eventually I got used to this, waking up without being able to open my eyes or be able to talk. But it did not come easily.

This happened to me a few times each day for the first few days. They say when you are unconscious that you don't remember anything.

It is a lie.

I remembered every little detail of every day when I was in that prison they referred to as a hospital. I couldn’t open my eyes, I sat there like a vegetable, in more ways than one.  I had vague memories of what people used to look like.

I heard peoples voices but eventually forgot their faces. Although some people might say “You are so lucky, you can hear what people are saying to you.” that was the worst part. I couldn’t respond, I couldn’t move I couldn’t do anything but hear. The worst kind of torture was that hearing the constant beat of my heart monitor. Beep. Beep. Beep. Torture was the only way I could begin to explain it as.

“Hey!” Isaac know how to shout a whisper, “get up already,” I felt my body being lifted up. I collapsed to the floor, making a thud as I landed. “You did it again.. always dropping the ball.”

I heard a zipper opening, and some rustling of papers and then a bag being opened, the snap of a glove and the hissing of a needle being put into a bottle.  Something pierced my bicep and I didn’t feel pain, I felt invigorated blood flowing from my head to my toes. Whatever I just got hit with, it felt good.

“Nice to see you sleeping beauty,” Isaac chuckled as he whispered into my ear.

I was able to open my eyes for the first time in months, the light from the digital clock on the wall seemed blinding in the dark room.  I never thought I would be able to move again, but I had been blessed with the magic they call medicine.

There were so many thoughts going through my mind as was turning back on my brain to full for the first time since that dark night.

“Why are you here?” I mumbled to him.

“Why not...?  We need a 5th man.” he said as if I knew what he was talking about.

“For wha...” he cut me off mid sentence

“Doesn’t matter get out of bed we have to go, now” Isaac whispers while he stands me up ,“things will make sense in all good time.”

End Part I

The Mountains

A dark tunnel appeared in the window as I sat up from the van bench seat.  The tunnel appeared to get smaller as we continue to drive. We were nearing the outside, the light was so bright. Suddenly the dark turned to light, the outside world was appearing in my eyes.  At first I was shocked at how bright and vivid all the colors were. The sun high in the sky barely a cloud in there to block it.

The car lurched to a stop.

“We are here!” Isaac yelled to us in the back.

I still struggle to open my eyes sometimes, but really, who doesn’t? We were in old van for almost two days without stopping more than three times during the entire trip.

“I hear you, I hear you.” I say in a muffled voice

“Get your head off the wall and get out of the van, we have things to do.”

As I slowly sat up once again, hopefully this time I get to do something.  He pulled me by my arm out of the van.

“Lets get going,” I said with a little smile.

The other guys truck pulled up and they piled out of all doors and two jumped out of the truck bed.  The two who jumped out the back of the truck looked different than the three from the front, they were carrying guns.

It is always good to know what kind of people are walking behind you, armed or not. After some introductions we all proceed into the small wooden cabin, its doors shut and windows boarded, looking like the perfect hideout for any person on the run from officials to hang out in.

“Men, we have here a fine establishment to evade those with the guns and handcuffs,” said the guy with the pistol.

Some murmured replies came from others in the group mostly about how “happy” they were about being there. I didn’t have the audacity to sit and not ask questions, and I did just that.

“Hey there big man with the tiny gun!” I said, “what’s up with you, pretending to know what we are doing here?” I continued, “If I am not mistaken none of us have been told why the heck we are here.”

“Calm down there little buddy,” he chuckled, “you will hear our plans once we get inside.”

We all continued slowly walking in a group to keep warm towards the cabin, from the road it appeared small. As we approached it was getting bigger finally showing its true size, much larger than what appeared to be a one room cabin.

“You guys are gonna love it.”

We all settled in as the bright blue sky turned to a deep black abyss of the winter night sky. I had been itching to know why we were here. Everyone had their ideas of why we were being held up here, mine goes something like this.

“I was knocked out on my way to a late night meeting with my “colleagues” on my commute I was attacked and hospitalised. When I woke up from my paralysis I was greeted by a strange man who injected me with a super soldier serum. It put me into a crazed rush forcing me to break the window that encased me into the hospital room. I propelled out the broken window down the cold walls of the large hospital complex.” I couldn’t help but laugh it was so crazy I didn’t get why they were all just stone faced looking at me.

“I had the exact same idea...” said one of the guys who had not said a word since we arrived.

“Me too,” another one chimed.

“So did I!” everyone was talking all at once.

In all the commotion I was convinced it was in the dream like state I was in, but I was wrong.

I woke up soon after that. It was very depressing learning that this whole life I had created in my coma was not all that once I took a step back. My life in the coma was pathetic how could it not be. Like I was sitting in a pile of what my life used to be, I created people from pictures of people I saw in magazines.

Soon after waking up from the coma I couldn't live the life that was a lie, I quickly lost my strength and died. That was my life.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:05:26 am by iGenerator »
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2012, 03:00:07 am »

cool story
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2012, 03:22:27 am »
Epic story. Feel free to post more anytime Gen. Its been a while since this thread has been alive. And I'm sure that1gie would love to see it revived again.

impishmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2012, 04:09:14 am »
I agree with dj.... you gotta write moar soz I can read it : D