May 27, 2024, 09:35:13 pm

Author Topic: Author's Chair  (Read 20820 times)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Re: Author's Chair
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 05:02:32 am »
Hmm...Sorra. Where have I heard that name before? :P
It sorta reminds me of soul's avatar. I don't know why :P

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 11:40:05 pm »
It sorta reminds me of soul's avatar. I don't know why :P
My...avatar?\
It isn't "Sora" (Sky in Japanese) from Kingdom Hearts. Nothing even close. (...maybe the name :P)
But maybe my Classic title tag? If no to these, I have no clue. lol
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

SpikeyThorn

• “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.”
  • -Griefer impaler-
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2012, 01:57:52 am »
My turn *cracks fingers*

When a duck walked up to a lemonade stand and he said to the man running the stand, "hey" *bom**bom**bom*, Got any grapes?

The man said :

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2012, 02:24:47 am »
My turn *cracks fingers*

When a duck walked up to a lemonade stand and he said to the man running the stand, "hey" *bom**bom**bom*, Got any grapes?

The man said :
Oh god, dieing of laughter.

That1Gie

• Just your average gie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2012, 02:45:03 am »

(click to show/hide)

catapult5

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 09:17:20 pm »
The perpetual noon sun beat down on the knotted mass. Blue-shirted, unshaven men poured out of the lawn into a new world: a leaking garden hose of aspirations.  There, among the lofty spires and squalid huts, each would form his own destiny.  Block by block, wall by wall, creations were born.

And yet creation would never be without his counterpart - never a Zeus without a Hades.  From the depths of the world sprang others borne only to destroy.  With their operators crushing the left mouse button they besieged Creation and tore through walls with reckless abandon.  What is the source of this dark rage?  Misunderstanding?  Prejudice?  The fury of adolescence?  The heart of Greif will ever remain buried.

Only one hero could save Creation.  As hoards of greifers poured through the half-constructed worlds, their eyes alit upon a new goal – a giant question mark cube.  Who could create such perfection?  Looming golden and gleaming along their path it beckoned them.  And in the very moment of triumph, when each raised his arm to destroy – he vanished.  Again and again Greif was conquered.  The Trojan Horse had finally swallowed up its riders. 

t3dd123

• "With every cloud is an opportunity." ~ T3dd123
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 11:27:50 pm »
Let's get a story from a person who may never be Builder, shall we? Here we go.
Story starts on next line.
     The fog was so bad that I could see only a few inches in front of me. I was a wolf at the time,
  and had a partner, who lit a path through the darkness. We stopped at a village, and my companion, Chiro,
  started glowing. The village then purified, and a tree grew instantaneously. I had found an orb before,
  and I stayed a wolf in the now pure land. In the fog, after leaving a mark in the village, we saw a faint
  glow, which gave us a power: Tail Cut. Then another wolf ran up to us, and Chiro knew immediately who
  it was. It was his sister, and her name was Chiri. She seemed to have powers we had yet to acquire.
  This was proved right when she made a small area pure and made flowers appear. We have more to
  overcome...   Chapter End

The Banhammer Chewer! *chews on banhammer*

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2012, 12:54:41 am »
Catapult, nice story. I'd love to see a sequel or perhaps a more lengthened version of the battle of "creator vs griefer". The way you word your story is exceptional and it actually sounds like it's straight out of a book. Nice job! ;D

T3dd, great story as well. I like the idea of the main characters being wolves (perhaps because I am DJAlphaWolf? :P).

If i may suggest an idea,t3dd...perhaps in future chapters, you can explain why the character is a wolf, what kind of world they live in (a world of wolves, ninjas, or animal-like beings,etc as examples. Perhaps its a story on Earth but the characters were cursed or co-exist with humans. You understand my point :P). maybe u could also tell us how the world runs and how such powers come into the possession of the characters. But overall, good start to the story. I hope to see more from you :P.

P.S. Keep the stories coming folks! I'm loving all the creativity here so far anyways :P

t3dd123

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 01:39:06 am »
Chapter 2: The Darkness of the Sun

The first thing that I did after Chiri joined us was go and look for another village, or maybe a way to get money.
  The latter happened, and we were fighting an Imp.. We got a reasonable amount of money, and
  Chiri made a shop appear from the fog. We got some stuff that would help us in our adventure. Then we went to a village,
  where Chiri made it pure and I decided to go to my Light World form, the 8th Celestial Envoy. I then told the story of how
  I met Chiro and Chiri. *in next chapter* I then went to my wolf form again, and we gained another power: Rebirth.
  We then noticed the sun was making the fog, as the sun was pitch-black. But Chiri is calling us...

Chapter end

That1Gie

• Just your average gie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 01:39:50 am »
Glad to see this starting to take off! Loving the stories gies, makes me wanna read more ;P

(click to show/hide)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 02:01:48 am »
Glad to see this starting to take off! Loving the stories gies, makes me wanna read more ;P
I knew it was a good idea.  ;)

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 02:13:42 am »
Chapter 2:

What had form was unknown to Sorra, but he was being surrounded. What is going on Sorra thought. The creatures were pail green and their skin was falling off. Sorra gagged.
     "What the-!" Sorra started to say, but someone- or something swooped down and summoned a sword out of thin air. He turned and shouted at Sorra, "Run you fool! Or you will die by the Zandrels!" Sorra obeyed and ran off to his Fathers farm. On his way there he was thinking on who that man was, the thing he picked up, and the man called those creatures-Zandrels.
    His father saw him coming and opened the door and shouted, "Sorra! Get in here now! Your mother and I were worried sick about you!" Sorra ran in the house, and went straight toward the living room with the harth. His mother wen't into the living room and sat with him to ask what was wrong.
   He said it was nothing and they shouldn't worry about him. But his mother told him to eat his dinner and go straight to bed. Sorra sighs and nods. He eats his dinner wen't straight to bed. One hour goes by and Sorra is wide awake.
 "What's wrong Sorra?" said someone right behind him. Sorra quickly turned around surprised by only his father. "You almost gave me a heart attack!" Sorra said laughing. His father chuckled. "But Sorra whats the matter? You were seriously spooked today." His father said.
   "Dad...I- can you sit down with me?" His father did. "Have you ever heard of...of "Zandrels"?" Sorra asked curiously.
   His father tensed....End Of Chapter 2
Holy balls.
Do not be afraid of your mistakes in the past Embrace them, Cherish them, and Reflect on them.

t3dd123

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 02:20:29 am »
Soul, it seems like a good story, but the very right of my screen is messed up. Maybe you can try to make it so the lines look
a bit shorter so I can see it all.

SoulKnightGT

• The Griefer Reaper
  • Champion Member
  • Staff Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 02:28:23 am »
Soul, it seems like a good story, but the very right of my screen is messed up. Maybe you can try to make it so the lines look
a bit shorter so I can see it all.
what do you mean?
Holy balls.

impishmonkey

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2012, 07:21:09 am »
Chapter 2: The Darkness of the Sun

The first thing that I did after Chiri joined us was go and look for another village, or maybe a way to get money.
  The latter happened, and we were fighting an Imp.. We got a reasonable amount of money, and
  Chiri made a shop appear from the fog. We got some stuff that would help us in our adventure. Then we went to a village,
  where Chiri made it pure and I decided to go to my Light World form, the 8th Celestial Envoy. I then told the story of how
  I met Chiro and Chiri. *in next chapter* I then went to my wolf form again, and we gained another power: Rebirth.
  We then noticed the sun was making the fog, as the sun was pitch-black. But Chiri is calling us...

Chapter end

*reads imp* 'o' *long dramatic gasp