May 15, 2024, 08:17:10 am

Author Topic: disabled items  (Read 3180 times)

Darlerian

• View Profile
disabled items
« on: February 17, 2012, 03:01:00 am »
i can see not letting us use the lighter and lava buckets, as those can grief alot of places, but i would like to be ale t use my splash poison potions (tells me the item is diabled when i try to throw it).  you cant any thing with them, they always leave at least 1/2 a heart. i mean we can use the instsnt damage potions.

anyways thats my rant for now. 

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
Re: disabled items
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:15:33 am »
Only Trusted Rank players can place water. If you need water placed, o something lit, contact a moderator.

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:44:02 am »
As Salas said Only Trusted ranks have the rights to place water. On the other hand Moderators+ have the rights to use Flint and Steel, Lava, Fire, Etc. But the Poison potions are disabled because Smp is not a Pvp sever and  we do not want to harm other players, but you can use other kind of potions like Potion of Swiftness and all that jazz.

Darlerian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 03:57:10 am »
i use poison potions alot for pve.  on my single player i fight using a bucket of lava, a lighter and my poison potions.  no real need for a sword fighting like i do

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 04:01:29 am »
i use poison potions alot for pve.  on my single player i fight using a bucket of lava, a lighter and my poison potions.  no real need for a sword fighting like i do
Like you said "On single player" but this is a Multiplayer and there all disabled on Smp. So a Sword or  a Bow will suit you the best.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 04:08:27 am »
You can use damage inflicting potions on mobs though.

TheRealFamous

• Semper Fi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 04:11:01 am »
You can use damage inflicting potions on mobs though.
Very True, So thats the only thing you can harm besides yourself.

optical

• Administrator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 04:24:29 am »
The only potion type that should be disabled is poison as it harms players. Splash instant damage for example, should work.

Yomo

• Livin It Big
  • IGN: Yomomma750
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 03:23:02 pm »
A mod or up will place water or fire for you, but because lava isn't supplied to us at spawn. I will not place lava for other players. Idk about the other mods though.

SalasCraft

• a.k.a. SaladCraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 05:46:14 pm »
A mod or up will place water or fire for you, but because lava isn't supplied to us at spawn. I will not place lava for other players. Idk about the other mods though.
You can place lava with buckets, but if it's for something reasonable, like mobtraps etc. If you see the intention of the player is to kill another user, don't place it.