May 18, 2024, 01:17:20 pm

Author Topic: I don't understand  (Read 10784 times)

EliteDelta

• Custom Title:
    • View Profile
Re: I don't understand
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2012, 02:20:31 am »
I truly do hope that he is not seven. :/

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2012, 03:54:24 am »
Do you guys even read ? He clearly said hes ten.

"...three years older than me, a ten year old...."

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2012, 04:03:10 am »
Oooh! Now I get it! Sorry, Im tired. XD

EliteDelta

• Custom Title:
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2012, 04:03:20 am »
Oh now I see.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2012, 05:24:06 am »

3. I apologize if english is not your first language.

All I am trying to say here is that I don't understand why people at least three years older than me, a ten year old, don't even BOTHER to use even proper spelling. I.E "wh4ts up pplz u wnna go bild a spaicshep" or "whats up man so you wan't to build some castles'"
I have to agree. I don't understand why people use abbreviations for words; such as U and R. "How r u?" < "How are you?" - "That is 4 my window." < "That is for my window."

---><--- Click the monkey

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2012, 08:15:40 am »
Okay mister mister mister.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2012, 08:33:51 am »

3. I apologize if english is not your first language.

All I am trying to say here is that I don't understand why people at least three years older than me, a ten year old, don't even BOTHER to use even proper spelling. I.E "wh4ts up pplz u wnna go bild a spaicshep" or "whats up man so you wan't to build some castles'"
I have to agree. I don't understand why people use abbreviations for words; such as U and R. "How r u?" < "How are you?" - "That is 4 my window." < "That is for my window."

Agreed, but there is no reason to start a campaign against them.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2012, 08:49:32 am »
Why people at least 3-5 years older than me have worse spelling and grammar than me. It doesn't make sense. And sometimes they don't make sense. Which also doesn't make sense. And if you're one of those pathetic 13-15 year olds on here replying here, angry, I respond with a 'shut up' and an arrow to the knee.

What I don't understand is why kids like you want to make a big deal out of this kind of stuff. It's not your job to 'correct' millions of others that aren't proficient in spelling and grammar-- education does this over time. It shouldn't be a big deal, because there are millions of others that aren't very good with proper English, and that's okay. It develops over time and with enough learning and education.

This topic exemplifies a very crude form of stereotyping, and this type of behavior is frowned upon because it constitutes as trolling and is meaningless. Your first post also describes the very definition of irony-- You see people using bad spelling & grammar and want to fix that, yet you, yourself, uses bad spelling/ grammar to point out this issue.

If anybody needed fixing with their spelling/ grammatical issues, it would be you. Don't think you can just fix millions of people with their issues-- that's their own problem, and we all have learned to deal with that. If we require better clarification, we will speak out, but you don't see us telling hundreds upon hundreds of others (in a less than meaningful manner) to fix their own problems that they, themselves, can overcome-- why should you?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:02:13 pm by Xeadin »

Relkeb

• Overwatch
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2012, 09:17:22 am »
Why people at least 3-5 years older than me have worse spelling and grammar than me. It doesn't make sense. And sometimes they don't make sense. Which also doesn't make sense. And if you're one of those pathetic 13-15 year olds on here replying here, angry, I respond with a 'shut up' and an arrow to the knee.

What I don't understand is why kids like you want to make a big deal out of this kind of stuff. It's not your job to 'correct' millions of others that aren't proficient in spelling and grammar-- education does this over time. It shouldn't be a big deal, because there are millions of others that aren't very good with proper English, and that's okay. It develops over time and with enough learning and education.

This topic exemplifies a very crude form of stereotyping, and this type of behavior is frowned upon because it constitutes as trolling and is meaningless. Your first post also describes the very definition of irony-- You see people using bad spelling & grammar and want to fix that, yet you, yourself, uses bad spelling/ grammar to point out this issue.

If anybody needed fixing with their spelling/ grammatical issues, it would be you. Don't think you can just fix millions of people with their issues-- that's their own problem, and we all have learned to deal with that. If we require better clarification, we will speak out, but you don't see us telling hundreds upon hundreds of others to fix their own problems that they, themselves, can overcome (in a less than meaningful manner)-- why should you?

Case closed.

Lets go home, boys.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2012, 10:37:35 pm »
Okay mister mister mister.
Mr is an exception because it's an actual word.

Agreed, but there is no reason to start a campaign against them.
^

---><--- Click the monkey